Northern Iowa 69 Kansas 67

bigblueinsanity

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This seems like a historically significant upset. Kansas might not have been as good as other number 1's from seasons past, but most had them practically penciled in as Champions for this season. Northern Iowa was a pretty highly regarded mid-major but I don't think that most gave them a realistic chance of beating Kansas.

I'm sitting at the outback off buttermilk in NKY and it was great watching the end of the game here. The room erupted when the kid from N. Iowa hit that 3 with about 30 seconds left and eveyone cheered at the end of the game.

Already saw a 1 and 2 seed lose, looks like the #3 seed will drop thanks to New Mexico.

I wouldn't go that far, they just showed what happens when you have a bad night in a one and done tournament.

How can you say they weren't overrated. Who did they beat so convincingly that nearly every professional analyst took them to win the tournament and nearly everyone says they were clearly the favorite? They were clearly overrated. Good team, but overrated.

The cinderella slipper still fits!:dancingpa

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha............hahahahahahaha!!!

I love it.

Ali with the ONIONS!

Gotlieb taking Kansas over the field? 95% of professional analysts taking Kansas to win it all? OVERRATED since day 1.

WHo HOO:banana::dancingpa:dancingpa

Now wait, I'm confused. CBS and ESPN have been telling me they were unbeatable? Nothing makes sense now!

I wouldn't go that far, they just showed what happens when you have a bad night in a one and done tournament.

Careful. It could be a night for the #9 seeds. :sssh: