Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Northern Iowa 69 Kansas 67

Featured Replies

BTW, headline tomorrow? My bet is:

 

"Not In Kansas Anymore"

 

Nice!

  • Replies 85
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They beat Temple, Baylor, and K State? 4 quality wins with losses to Oklahoma State and Tennessee. Where did they earn the title of the overwhelming favorite that everyone was saying? Clearly overrated, IMO.

 

Gotta go with Blue Magic on this one.

I love how one game makes a team overrated. They were the #1 team in the country for the better part of the year. They were the overall favorite for a reason. Were they light years ahead of everyone else, no but come on. Nothing like the overrated chants based on one game.

 

Was everyone saying they were light years ahead of everyone else? Pretty much...

This is the "concept of March Madness" halfback20!

 

Any night, any team is as good as any other team, it just takes one.

Admittedly, I didn't watch Kansas a ton this year... But the times I did, I had a hard time seeing what the big deal was.

 

Not at all surprised to see them going home early.

 

I like what you say!

Glad to see them out of it. Hopefully it acts as a reminder to KY of what will happen if they don't stay focused.

Was everyone saying they were light years ahead of everyone else? Pretty much...

 

Never heard that. Were they picked by most people? Sure. Light years ahead? I saw several shows where analysts showed scenarios where they could get beat.

 

This wasn't one of them though.

Never heard that. Were they picked by most people? Sure. Light years ahead? I saw several shows where analysts showed scenarios where they could get beat.

 

This wasn't one of them though.

:thumb: I didn't hear any of the "best team ever" talk .Yes they were picked by most to win it all but isn't that normally what happens with the #1 team.

Did you feel U of L was overrated last year as the overall #1 seed?

 

I don't personally think any team that makes the tournament is overrated.

 

And no, I don't think they were overrated as the #1 overall seed.

 

It's a one and done tourney. If you have a bad night, whether your the #1 overall seed or the #64, you're out, no second chances. It's not like during the season where a bad night can be overcome over the rest of the season. Overrated isn't a term I think applies to any team in the tournament.

Would the term "overhyped" be better? I'm referring to the countless assertions that this was the best Kansas team in the decade, or perhaps, ever.

Would the term "overhyped" be better? I'm referring to the countless assertions that this was the best Kansas team in the decade, or perhaps, ever.

 

 

Couldn't it have been the best Kansas team of the decade that laid an egg?

Couldn't it have been the best Kansas team of the decade that laid an egg?

 

Give me the national championship team all day.

Give me the national championship team all day.

 

 

Certainly. But, had they played different opponents, or had an off night, the COULD have bowed out early as well.

Certainly. But, had they played different opponents, or had an off night, the COULD have bowed out early as well.

 

True but they also weren't considered the favorite by most people. A lot of people like North Carolina, Memphis, Ohio State, Georgetown, and Florida. It wasn't like when we were watching TV on Sunday and Monday and every person, besides Dicky V, was taking Kansas to win it all.

True but they also weren't considered the favorite by most people. A lot of people like North Carolina, Memphis, Ohio State, Georgetown, and Florida. It wasn't like when we were watching TV on Sunday and Monday and every person, besides Dicky V, was taking Kansas to win it all.

 

Then POSSIBLY, NIU was UNDERrated, instead of KU OVERrrated. Again, if it's an off night, anything can happen to even great teams: See KY's two losses.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.