Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2010 KABC Boys Awards

Featured Replies

Boys Coach of the Year

 

Region Coach Name High School

 

1 Burlin Brower Heath

 

2 Bev Hart Webster County

 

3 Ben Murphy Owensboro Catholic (co-Coach of the Year)

Paul Decker Ohio County (co-Coach of the Year)

 

4 Blane Embry Greenwood

 

5 Ron Bevars North Hardin

 

6 Brad Morgan Beth Haven

 

7 Mike Szabo Trinity

 

8 Steve Simpson South Oldham

 

9 Dave Faust St. Henry

 

10 Scott Humphrey Clark County

 

11 Shane Buttry Madison Southern

 

12 Robert Jones McCreary Central

 

13 Tony Pietrowski Corbin

 

14 Doug Noble Breathitt County

 

15 Jason Booher Shelby Valley

 

16 Brandon Baker East Carter

 

 

Boys Player of the Year

 

Region Coach High School

 

1 Caleb Hardy Carlisle County

2 Shaquille Wilson Christian County

 

3 Travis Johnston Grayson County

 

4 Cameron Hall Glasgow

 

5 Bryton Taylor Campbellsville

 

6 Thomas Blakemore Butler

 

7 Josh Sewell Trinity

 

8 Jacob Russell Anderson County

 

9 Ricardo Johnson Holmes

 

10 Jacob Rieger Bishop Brossart

 

11 Will Evans Lexington Christian Academy (co-player of the year)

Vance Hall Franklin County (co-player of the year)

 

12 Aaron Watts McCreary Central

 

13 Isaac Wilson Corbin

 

14 Stuart Stamper Knott County Central

 

15 Elisha Justice Shelby Valley

 

16 Colt Barnhill East Carter

 

http://kentuckybasketballcoaches.org/

I realize the coaches were elected by their peers but from the outside looking in I'd say Chris O'Hearn did more with less at Mason County this year. Probably his best coaching job ever.:confused:

I realize the coaches were elected by their peers but from the outside looking in I'd say Chris O'Hearn did more with less at Mason County this year. Probably his best coaching job ever.:confused:

 

I agree, Some of those coaches on there shouldn't be there:ylsuper:

Dave Faust from the 9th region?????? Really? I think Faust is a fine coach but this one has me scratching my head.

Steve Adams not winning 12th Region Coach is surprising. Boyle County went 8-19 last year and this year Boyle went 19-9, won the 45th District Championship and was a 12th Region Semifinalist in a year that Boyle County was picked to finish 3rd in the district. With all due respect to Robert Jones, Boyle County beat Mercer County and Boyle County made it farther than McCreary in the region tourney. If Steve Adams can't win it this year then it doesn't matter what he does in the future. A blind man can see he is the most deserving of the award for the 12th region. Yeah, I may be biased but I am telling the truth.

 

West Jessamine's coach is another I would put before Robert Jones.

 

 

I think Polson is a better player but I won't argue about Watts being selected.

Dave Faust from the 9th region?????? Really? I think Faust is a fine coach but this one has me scratching my head.

 

 

 

 

Me to thought for sure it would be Aric Russell from Newport, he's already won one coach of the year award, figured he would sweep all ninth region one's.:dancingpa

Steve Adams not winning 12th Region Coach is surprising. Boyle County went 8-19 last year and this year Boyle went 19-9, won the 45th District Championship and was a 12th Region Semifinalist in a year that Boyle County was picked to finish 3rd in the district. With all due respect to Robert Jones, Boyle County beat Mercer County and Boyle County made it farther than McCreary in the region tourney. If Steve Adams can't win it this year then it doesn't matter what he does in the future. A blind man can see he is the most deserving of the award for the 12th region. Yeah, I may be biased but I am telling the truth.

 

West Jessamine's coach is another I would put before Robert Jones.

 

 

I think Polson is a better player but I won't argue about Watts being selected.

 

 

Its my understanding that its a regular season award. Based on that its hard to argue with what McCreary Central did.

It is voted on by mid-February, and only by members of the Kentucky Association of Basketball Coaches.

Dave Faust from the 9th region?????? Really? I think Faust is a fine coach but this one has me scratching my head.

 

Good coach but makes no sense.:confused:

Good coach but makes no sense.:confused:

 

Look at the members and that may help you understand how they vote. They do like to share the wealth. Not a bad thing.

Faust is good. But even though they did not have height they did have a talented group of players. 14-11 is not coach of the year material. This team should have been better IMO.

Look at the members and that may help you understand how they vote. They do like to share the wealth. Not a bad thing.

 

Look at who won in the other regions..Most of the better teams coaches won.:confused:

Congrats to Vance Hall on Co-player of the year in the 11th. Very deserving and a great kid too.

 

:dancingpa

Its my understanding that its a regular season award. Based on that its hard to argue with what McCreary Central did.

 

McCreary did what was expected in the regular season. Boyle County exceeded expectations. Coach Adams should have won.

Good coach but makes no sense.:confused:

 

If not Dave, Who? Newport was suppose to be good and they were, same with Holmes and Boone. Dave won his district without the best talent. What else can you judge a coach on. How about Grant Brannen at NewCath. Beat both Highlands and Newport in the district tournament and won the conference.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.