Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AP All-American Team

Featured Replies

I won't buy James Anderson over Collins, even though he is amazing.

 

Then James Anderson shouldn't be the Big 12 Player of the Year. The coaches who saw both players year-round no who deserves it more.

  • Replies 31
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He missed about the same number of games as Turner...

My problem with Harangody is that Notre Dame got better when he became injured.

My problem with Harangody is that Notre Dame got better when he became injured.

 

And that's more than fair. However I would say that falls on the shoulders of the coach, and I pretty much hate watching Frankengody play. There is no way that roster was going to be successful playing a run and gun system, and it took Gody getting hurt for Brey to finally see that he had a slow down ball control roster...

Pretty small 1st team. Is the AP saying this would be the starting lineup? Congrats to all who made either squad.

Pretty small 1st team. Is the AP saying this would be the starting lineup?

 

Actually Jay Wright was the one and only vote... :thumb: :lol:

If those two teams played, the second team would have some nice matchups on the offensive end.

 

Who would Wall guard? Harangody? :lol:

Actually Jay Wright was the one and only vote... :thumb: :lol:

 

He would love that team.

This is the USBWA team, my mistake on the thread label. Thanks for pointing that out Wireman.

 

No problem, I was going to be amazed if it was exactly the same :lol:

Lets be accurate. Vasquez and Maryland were the co-ACC champions with Duke. Vasquez carried Maryland. Scheyer had a lot of help. I would argue that down the stretch Singler was the man for Duke more than Scheyer.

 

4-13

4-10

5-17

 

Thats what Scheyer shot from the field in the ACC tourney game by game. A combined 13-40. And had a grand total of 8 assists in the tourney. And Scheyer only had 6 other McDonald's All Americans on his team. Vasquez is the better player and had the better year.

 

 

Sheyer 18.6 ppg 5 apg 3.5 rpg 40% fg 87% ft 1.6 spg

 

Vasquez 19.5 ppg 6.3 apg 4.7 rpg 42.9% fg 85% ft 1.7 spg

 

Vasquez was better in every statistical category besides ft% which was close. They had the same conference records team-wise. Both lost to the really good teams they played out of conference. The only thing Scheyer's team accomplished that Vasquez didn't was an ACC championship where Scheyer didn't really play good.

 

One thing both players have done great though is hit shots in the clutch. Scheyer and Vasquez have really stepped up and knocked down big shots.

How do their ASST - TO ratios compare?

Lets be accurate. Vasquez and Maryland were the co-ACC champions with Duke. Vasquez carried Maryland. Scheyer had a lot of help. I would argue that down the stretch Singler was the man for Duke more than Scheyer.

 

4-13

4-10

5-17

 

Thats what Scheyer shot from the field in the ACC tourney game by game. A combined 13-40. And had a grand total of 8 assists in the tourney. And Scheyer only had 6 other McDonald's All Americans on his team. Vasquez is the better player and had the better year.

 

 

Sheyer 18.6 ppg 5 apg 3.5 rpg 40% fg 87% ft 1.6 spg

 

Vasquez 19.5 ppg 6.3 apg 4.7 rpg 42.9% fg 85% ft 1.7 spg

 

Vasquez was better in every statistical category besides ft% which was close. They had the same conference records team-wise. Both lost to the really good teams they played out of conference. The only thing Scheyer's team accomplished that Vasquez didn't was an ACC championship where Scheyer didn't really play good.

 

One thing both players have done great though is hit shots in the clutch. Scheyer and Vasquez have really stepped up and knocked down big shots.

 

Pretty compelling argument for Vasquez over Scheyer. I knew Vasquez was a heck of a player but I honestly didin't know his stats were that good. With what I see here I think I'd have to pick him over Scheyer. Heck, his numbers are better than Wall for that matter.

I'm with you AJG, I hadn't really seen the numbers until now either. Seeing them, I would have to take Vasquez as well.

I think just watching them play a couple times and almost anyone would be able to tell that Vasquez is the better talent. I look for him to have a long career at the next level.

I wish they picked the best player at each position. I don't like the fact that the 1st team has no C's or PF's.

I wish they picked the best player at each position. I don't like the fact that the 1st team has no C's or PF's.

 

:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.