Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How did Wake Forest and Florida get in?

Featured Replies

They had a couple of decent wins, but overall both had very mediocre records.

  • Replies 44
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They had a couple of decent wins, but overall both had very mediocre records.

 

Obviously, records don't mean everything (see Kentucky two seasons ago).

 

I think it's strange that they both got in, and the seeding that Florida got. Most had them barely in or out, but they were certainly not on the bubble according to their seed.

I thought Mississippi State would get in over Florida, given their SEC tournament showing.

  • Author

And what about Florida State? I don't see any impressive wins on their schedule. Maaaaybe Ga. Tech, but that would be the only one I see.

Mississipp State loses in OT to a number 2 seed of the whole bracket and goes to the NIT. Weak.

Mississipp State loses in OT to a number 2 seed of the whole bracket and goes to the NIT. Weak.

 

Check the selection committee and who represented the SEC, while the other 5 "power conferences" (Big 10 & ACC who got in very questionable teams ahead of MSU) all had reps--Coincidence??

Mississipp State loses in OT to a number 2 seed of the whole bracket and goes to the NIT. Weak.

 

An absolute sham. State is better than a lot of the teams in the tourney and their credentials are as good as several.

Check the selection committee and who represented the SEC, while the other 5 "power conferences" (Big 10 & ACC who got in very questionable teams ahead of MSU) all had reps--Coincidence??

 

I recall someone on this site making these points every year about the selection committee. Can't remember who though... :idunno:

I recall someone on this site making these points every year about the selection committee. Can't remember who though... :idunno:

 

Pick me! Pick me! I think I know who said that!:D

There are a few things that leave you wondering about seeding and placement of seeds, and who got in.

When you look at the entire body of work, Florida's was better. It could have simply been that Florida had a better November than did MSU. UF beat Mich State and Florida State. Mississippi State lost at home the Rider.

I think we can all agree that MSU has what it takes to be in the tournament but when it comes down to it, Florida has beaten better opponents. They also beat MSU, so the Dogs are to blame for their absence.

Wake got in over Virginia tech and Florida got in over Miss St. No big deal in my book... :idunno:

While there's no argument that the SEC was down this year, my argument for both Florida and Miss. St. would be that both the ACC & Big Ten were similarly off, and got 6 & 5 teams in respectively? I think MSU, especially with their SEC tourney run, could certainly compete with the Wake Forest's, Florida State's, Minnesota's, etc. that got into the tourney??

I think Florida got in because of Parsons' 70-foot bomb against N.C. State.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.