Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How did Wake Forest and Florida get in?

Featured Replies

Mississipp State loses in OT to a number 2 seed of the whole bracket and goes to the NIT. Weak.

 

:thumb: I would take Miss St over UF any day. I cannot believe the UF got in over Miss St.

  • Replies 44
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:thumb: I would take Miss St over UF any day. I cannot believe the UF got in over Miss St.

 

I agree. I think MSU is much better than Florida but Florida's SOS is in the 30's somewhere and MSU's is 97.

But shouldn't it be about what you do against those that strengthen your strength of schedule?

 

Florida is 2-8(that's right!) against the Top 25*

Those wins came against Mich St, a 5th seed, and UT, a 6th seed.

 

MSU is 1-5 against the Top 25. Two of those losses were OT losses to UK(quite frankly, they should have won both); also, a loss to UT, and a 3pt loss at Vandy.

 

MSU also beat Fla and Vandy in the SEC Tourney. They also beat Houston and handily beat Old Dominion. Both Houston and Old Dominion made the NCAA Tourney.

 

So, my point is, while Florida's overall SOS might have been a bit better, they did not perform any better against those stronger teams. So, are they to be rewarded for LOSING to the good teams?Makes no sense to me. Bottomline: Miss. St is a better team than Florida, yet Florida is selected instead. There is little argument as far as I am concerned.

But shouldn't it be about what you do against those that strengthen your strength of schedule?

 

Florida is 2-8(that's right!) against the Top 25*

Those wins came against Mich St, a 5th seed, and UT, a 6th seed.

 

MSU is 1-5 against the Top 25. Two of those losses were OT losses to UK(quite frankly, they should have won both); also, a loss to UT, a 3pt loss at Vandy.

 

MSU also beat Fla in the SEC Tourney. They also beat Houston and handily beat Old Dominion. Both Houston and Old Dominion made the NCAA Tourney.

 

So, my point is, while Florida's overall SOS might have been a bit better, they did not perform any better against those stronger. So, are they to be rewarded for LOSING to the good teams?Makes no sense to me. Bottomline: Miss. St is a better team than Florida, yet Florida is selected instead. There is little argument as far as I am concerned.

 

Losing to better teams is the entire theme of this bracket. Seed lines and who's in/out went that way across the board IMO.

 

I'm convinced now more than ever the selection committee needs a drastic change...

Losing to better teams is the entire theme of this bracket. Seed lines and who's in/out went that way across the board IMO.

 

I'm convinced now more than ever the selection committee needs a drastic change...

 

I'm a little concerned after this season. I think they blew it this time...

Losing to better teams is the entire theme of this bracket. Seed lines and who's in/out went that way across the board IMO.

 

I'm convinced now more than ever the selection committee needs a drastic change...

 

Game, I could not agree with you more. Change is a must!

I'm wondering for those who are arguing that MSU should have been in, how many games did you see them play other then against Kentucky? They lost to Rider, Richmond, and Western. They also had 7 losses in a down SEC.

I saw a few of their games. They looked uninterested in the Western game.

Richmond has been in the top 25 and is still right on the cusp of the top 25 and playing very well. MSU lost to them by 1 point. Florida lost to both Richmond and South Alabama. Bottomline, MSU should be in over Florida.

I'm wondering for those who are arguing that MSU should have been in, how many games did you see them play other then against Kentucky? They lost to Rider, Richmond, and Western. They also had 7 losses in a down SEC.

 

I think it was MSU's strength of schedule that killed them.

Miss. St. is better than Florida and Virginia Tech is better than Wake Forest.

 

Virginia Tech finished ahead of Wake Forest in the ACC and beat them in their only head to head game. The only way I see Wake Forest getting in over Virginia Tech(and don't try to sell me on the RPI)is if their connections were better...................

Let's think about what we are arguing here. None of these teams has/had a chance of winning it all. None of them took care of business through out the year and this is what happens. No way any of these teams as a gripe one way or the other.

 

This is exactly why a playoff in football would change nothing. There are 65 teams that make the basketball tourny and there are still teams, coaches, fans complaining & arguing about someone getting left out.

The VT/Wake debate is legit. I'm stunned on that one.

 

MSU/UF is a tossup to me. They split with each other. MSU had a terrible schedule. Its their own fault as the committee usually will default to the better schedule.

 

Other than that what did the committee get wrong?

Do coaches get extra pay for making the dance, if they do Coach Cal should give the Mississippi State coach a check, no reason for this except they should have won against the Cats, two non calls, but don't get mad at me the milk is spilled and I'm moving on to make my picks.

 

The two non calls MSU fans are mad about John Wall in the lane too soon and Bledsoe traveled on the side lines late in OT.

Do coaches get extra pay for making the dance, if they do Coach Cal should give the Mississippi State coach a check, no reason for this except they should have won against the Cats, two non calls, but don't get mad at me the milk is spilled and I'm moving on to make my picks.

 

The two non calls MSU fans are mad about John Wall in the lane too soon and Bledsoe traveled on the side lines late in OT.

You can call a lane violation almost every free throw.

Do coaches get extra pay for making the dance, if they do Coach Cal should give the Mississippi State coach a check, no reason for this except they should have won against the Cats, two non calls, but don't get mad at me the milk is spilled and I'm moving on to make my picks.

The two non calls MSU fans are mad about John Wall in the lane too soon and Bledsoe traveled on the side lines late in OT.

 

Do you know how many times you could have called walking or a lane violation beyond those two mentioned? :ohbrother:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.