March 14, 201016 yr How's the crowd going to be when UK fans buy up all the Vandy tickets? It's going to be like Rupp!
March 14, 201016 yr If Kentucky can hit 1/3 of its threes, I don't think anyone will beat them. Heck, I don't think anyone will beat them anyway. But, a bad night from beyond the arc gives them a chance. :thumb:
March 14, 201016 yr Where are all of those posters that were satisfied with the Tubby Smith era. This is what we have come to expect from UK basketball and to be in the SEC final and have a legit shot at the final four. This did not occur to many times under OTS. Tubby won it all his first year.
March 14, 201016 yr Where are all of those posters that were satisfied with the Tubby Smith era. This is what we have come to expect from UK basketball and to be in the SEC final and have a legit shot at the final four. This did not occur to many times under OTS. Well I am not a Big Ten fan but......Doesn't Tubby play for the Big Ten title tomorrow?
March 14, 201016 yr Well I am not a Big Ten fan but......Doesn't Tubby play for the Big Ten title tomorrow? Umm, shut up! :lol: Tubby was definitely a great coach. His recruiting did him in though. Towards the end of his tenure it looked more and more like he was expecting kids to commit just because the uni's had Kentucky across the chest. He just stopped working for recruits and it did him in. Great in game coach for sure and you are seeing it here in the Big 10 Tournament.
March 14, 201016 yr It went all downhill for the Vols when Pearl started waving his hands to pump up the crowd. All eleven of them in the stands? You'd think that they'd have a few more, since the tournament is in their own state. :lol:
March 14, 201016 yr Just got back from Lexington,I did saw some of the 2nd half when the Cats went on something like a 27-6 run to close out the game.To win by almost 30 over a top 20 team is very impressive.So good to see the Cats find their game.My wife and I were at the Fayette Mall,while she was doing some shopping, I was looking for some TVs to watch.:lol: Great great win,GO CATS:dancingpa:dancingpa
March 14, 201016 yr Great win over a good UT team. If the Cats play that way 7 more games they'll cut down the nets and raise a banner!!!
March 14, 201016 yr Umm, shut up! :lol: Tubby was definitely a great coach. His recruiting did him in though. Towards the end of his tenure it looked more and more like he was expecting kids to commit just because the uni's had Kentucky across the chest. He just stopped working for recruits and it did him in. Great in game coach for sure and you are seeing it here in the Big 10 Tournament. I wish Tubby nothing but the best and especially against Ohio State. My first cousin and her two daughters are both alumni and all they can talk about is wanting to play us in the tournament. All I can say is "bring it on.'
March 14, 201016 yr Good win for UK and the margin makes them a #1 seed regardless of what happens today. Good defensive effort, especially getting a hand in the face of every outside shot. I think they need to work harder to get Patterson the ball more early. You could see him getting frustrated by overworking to get position. He had maybe two touches the first 4-5 possessions. If you really break down the possessions, the freshmen distribute the ball to each other well. Miller is usually the one who feeds Patterson the most. Tennessee ran out of gas midway through the second half. Just plain ran into a brick wall. And the 'Cats took advantage and finally put away a top shelf team. Tennessee tried to continually bait the UK players the whole game and with the exception of Orten, they didnt bite. More signs of gaining maturity. Duke's win in the ACC semis means they are a #1 seed and means CBS cant pair them and UK up in the same region final. I guess that falls to Michigan State now.
March 14, 201016 yr I also expect Calipari to change his mindset regarding the SEC Tournament. I think he's finding out he isnt in Conference USA anymore and that the UK faithful want to win EVERY tournament UK is in.
March 14, 201016 yr I was at a bar in East TN, where I live and a UT fan (less than brilliant I might add) argued that it would have been different in a "true neutral site". When I asked how that wasn't a true neutral site, he stated that KENTUCKY is much closer to Nashville than KNOXVILLE is...after waiting for a laugh and realizing he was dead serious my only response was "you do know that Nashville is in TENNESSEE don't you?" GO CATS!
March 14, 201016 yr I was at a bar in East TN, where I live and a UT fan (less than brilliant I might add) argued that it would have been different in a "true neutral site". When I asked how that wasn't a true neutral site, he stated that KENTUCKY is much closer to Nashville than KNOXVILLE is...after waiting for a laugh and realizing he was dead serious my only response was "you do know that Nashville is in TENNESSEE don't you?" GO CATS! Excuses excuses excuses. :idunno:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.