March 11, 201016 yr The NIT was locked up this time last night. This was just icing on the cake. Win tomorrow and they are back in the NCAA conversation as crazy as that sounds... Andy Katz just tweeted that a win tomorrow night and they are right back in the mix..
March 11, 201016 yr After the offseason UL had. Players being arrested and Coach caught in a mess. You can't expect anything but what they have provided all season. A wise man once told me: "You can't do wrong and expect good things to happen" I have told this same thing to many people this year in defense of UofL. Too many distractions off the court to have a successful season as in years past. When the coach gets more publicity for the negatives off the court than for the positives on the court, your team is in for some trouble.
March 11, 201016 yr The University of Louisville has been night and day all season long...just in the last 3 games they have lost to Marquette by 20+, beat Syracuse for the second time this season, and then lose to UC after having a sizeable lead. The one thing that Ricky P can't seem to figure out is how to keep his team from losing the lead; it has happened way too many times this season, especially within the conference. I honestly don't know what to expect from UofL come tourney time: they could be a dangerous 8/9/10 seed, or they could go out in the first round because they can't keep a lead. Great post.:thumb:
March 11, 201016 yr I only got to watch the first half and I thought UL was playing pretty well...guess the wheels fell off.
March 11, 201016 yr This was another perplexing game for L'ville. Looked very good and smart in the 1st half. 2nd half, they come out and start getting very undisciplined. How many lob passes went for turnovers? They just became unglued for whatever reason. I thought a huge gaffe was when Sosa fouled with UL up 2, and about 57 seconds on the clock. The foul was near mid-court and made no sense at all. I am not sure what is going on with Pitino's team, but something is not right. Looks like they will be fine if they play against a zone in the NCAA tourney, but they will fail against a m2m D. Also looked to me like Kuric's teammates were ignoring him.
March 11, 201016 yr Man this is just flat out huge for this UC program right now. Cash, Parker and Lance all came up very big for the 2nd night in a row on the big stage. The beer in my fridge is in trouble... :lol: :thumb: Enjoy it big guy. I'd like to see UC continue a nice run in the BE tourney.
March 11, 201016 yr Honestly it surprises me that everyone assumes UL is a lock for the NCAA. They're a bubble team in my mind. The win over Cuse was big, but come on...
March 11, 201016 yr Honestly it surprises me that everyone assumes UL is a lock for the NCAA. They're a bubble team in my mind. The win over Cuse was big, but come on... FWIW, I think Louisville will get in the tournament. But they have TWO, I repeat, TWO quality wins. And they're both against Syracuse. They also beat Notre Dame by 2 in OT, and it looks like ND will be in the tournament. But I'm not so sure that's a quality win.
March 11, 201016 yr :thumb: Enjoy it big guy. I'd like to see UC continue a nice run in the BE tourney. Consider it enjoyed. :lol: Pitino today and Huggs tomorrow. My poor liver... :lol:
March 11, 201016 yr Louisville's Losses: School (RPI) UNLV (48) Charlotte (76) Western Carolina (119) @ Kentucky (3) Villanova (9) @ Pittsburgh (10) @ Seton Hall (55) @ West Virginia (5) @ St. John's (74) Georgetown (16) Marquette (57) Cincinnati (63)
March 11, 201016 yr :thumb: Enjoy it big guy. I'd like to see UC continue a nice run in the BE tourney. GT enjoyed that more than he did the win over Louisville. :lol:
March 11, 201016 yr I'm literally just scratching my head trying to figure out what happened :confused: It all went down hill IMO when Edgar totally lost control. Hit two big shots, winks at the camera with 20 points in front of his hometown crowd...took a horrible shot, turned it over, didn't get back on D and Siva comes in for him. All while Cincy was making shots...GAME OVER.
March 11, 201016 yr There is nothing decent or good about UL. Man this is just flat out huge for this UC program right now. GT, how can this be a "huge" win for UC? CoachBuckett says that UL is not even a "decent" team.... BTW, congrats to UC! I was hoping for better from Louisville.
March 11, 201016 yr The University of Louisville has been night and day all season long...just in the last 3 games they have lost to Marquette by 20+, beat Syracuse for the second time this season, and then lose to UC after having a sizeable lead. The one thing that Ricky P can't seem to figure out is how to keep his team from losing the lead; it has happened way too many times this season, especially within the conference. I honestly don't know what to expect from UofL come tourney time: they could be a dangerous 8/9/10 seed, or they could go out in the first round because they can't keep a lead. Couldn't put it any better than that.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.