Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Bob Knight...

Featured Replies

I like Bob Knight when he is on the Gameday crew. But during a game, I don't really enjoy him as much. Not a fan of The General, but I do respect the fact that he has forgotten more about the game then most of us will ever know.

 

I don't know if it's the fact that I don't understand it, or that it just doesn't make sense, but I hate when people say that.

 

Anyone who follows basketball, especially those who follow it closely, know the ins and outs of the game. What is there that Bob Knight knows that someone else doesn't? Maybe to the casual viewer, he may know more. But to anyone who follows the game and watches it closely, they know just as much as he does.

 

Just because he has a bunch of wins doesn't mean he knows more about basketball than me, or anyone else.

  • Replies 43
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as the ESPN Game Announcers....I don't like ANY of them. Vitale is the worst, Knight is 2nd worst, and the rest are tied for 3rd worst IMO. I think they are horrible. I do not listen to ANY of them anymore. I mute everyone of them.

Jay Bilas, Gus Johnson, and Bill Raftery can announce any game they want and I'll enjoy it.
I like all three!

Bob Knight is the new Jerry Tipton to many UK fans.

I like Knight but have to agree he is awlful doing games.

I can't stand Packer and or Rafferty.

I think it's comical when UK fans claim Dickie V is a hater.

Jay Bilas is the man.

the worst ESPN announcer out there? I don't know any other announcers, when talking, I mute the TV. Who do you guys hate listening to, more than Bob Knight?

 

He is the worst. loves to hear himself talk and he does that way too much.

I like Bob Knight when he is on the Gameday crew. But during a game, I don't really enjoy him as much. Not a fan of The General, but I do respect the fact that he has forgotten more about the game then most of us will ever know.

 

I don't know if it's the fact that I don't understand it, or that it just doesn't make sense, but I hate when people say that.

 

Anyone who follows basketball, especially those who follow it closely, know the ins and outs of the game. What is there that Bob Knight knows that someone else doesn't? Maybe to the casual viewer, he may know more. But to anyone who follows the game and watches it closely, they know just as much as he does.

 

Just because he has a bunch of wins doesn't mean he knows more about basketball than me, or anyone else.

 

I'm with you SSF I think the same thing when I hear that phrase! :thumb:

I like Bob Knight when he is on the Gameday crew. But during a game, I don't really enjoy him as much. Not a fan of The General, but I do respect the fact that he has forgotten more about the game then most of us will ever know.

Yeah, he's okay I suppose, but he's also like the guy in the Miller Lite commercial who can't say the word "LOVE" to his girlfriend. When UK is being discussed, if he has ever said the word "KENTUCKY", I can't remember it.

Dickie V, an U nderCover UK hater but Duke, Nort Carolina, & Louisvile, LOVER!

Please, don't let him do any more of our GAMES ESPN!

Go Big Blue!

 

When he had their game against Tennessee on a Sat. night, he was all over UK. He couldn't love them enough. I don't see that one.

I like Knight but have to agree he is awlful doing games.

I can't stand Packer and or Rafferty.

I think it's comical when UK fans claim Dickie V is a hater.

Jay Bilas is the man.

 

I don't know if he's a hater or not, but he's a babbling idiot who takes away from the game, IMO. I love how every KY game he covers, he has to make a point several times a game how he didn't think Billy G was ever right for the job, when the day Billy G got hired, he wrote a big article about how UK hired the right Billy, and he would turn this thing around, blah blah blah. I mean c'mon. Stick to your guns, Dick.

For what it's worth Jay Bilas is the best.

 

I agree! :thumb:

 

I can name a few off the top of my head that I do not like. It's too hard to pick one.

Dick Vitale. I cannot even watch Kentucky play when he is there.

 

I agree with you!

I still remember last year when he was saying that Stephen Curry was a better passer than he was a shooter. Thats he lost all his credibility.

Bob Knight is uninformed, ill-prepared and factually wrong on every single broadcast he does. His opinions are based on untruths, half-truths and personal bias. He's neither colorful, nor informative, is consistently critical of the majority of players and coaches and cannot relate to viewers the flow of the game as even the most rudimentary play-by-play man should. So if he's not a good color man, and he can't do play-by-play, what in the world is he supposed to be doing?

 

lol You really should learn to come out of your shell a little more Mr. Bulldog!! Couldn't agree with ya more!! He's my LEAST favorite.... no doubt about it!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.