Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All-Americans

Featured Replies

So the #1 or #2 freshman in the class isn't expected to do much???

 

While reading the above, I couldn't help but remember this post from 11/3/09, from this thread regarding highly touted freshman.

 

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?t=192745&highlight=predict

 

Really? The number that even come close to meeting their lofty expectations is very small...

 

FWIW, I agree for the most part. Relatively few freshman are expected to make the All-American team. The fact that Wall was chosen for a few pre-season awards makes it more likely that it'll come to fruition.

  • Replies 139
  • Views 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Every game.

 

Knowing how it eats you up, this may be an unhealthy obsession. Have you had an increase in blood pressure? :p

Knowing how it eats you up, this may be an unhealthy obsession. Have you had an increase in blood pressure? :p

 

:lol: :thumb:

I would take Scheyer over Moore.

 

Couldn't argue with that.

They have 4 losses, UK has 1. I tend to feel that if Duke played that schedule, they'd likely be in the same position. I know this board is biased, and I know I won't get support here. But Jon Scheyer is deserving of first team All American, and I bet some of you are shocked that his statistics are what they are.

Despite trying to make Scheyer out to be "The Little Engine That Could", most people are not shocked at this point in the season. He has received a lot of recognition and he is still the runaway choice for the ACC player of the year. It is not that he is not deserving, but rather he is having his great season at the same time Collins and Wall are having great seasons. It is similar to the Cousins/Aldrich argument.

 

The two losses where Duke was absolutely manhandled eliminated him from the discussion. Fair or not.

While reading the above, I couldn't help but remember this post from 11/3/09, from this thread regarding highly touted freshman.

 

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?t=192745&highlight=predict

 

 

 

FWIW, I agree for the most part. Relatively few freshman are expected to make the All-American team. The fact that Wall was chosen for a few pre-season awards makes it more likely that it'll come to fruition.

 

There aren't many misses in the top 2 or 3 kids in every class. From there it's a crap shoot...

There aren't many misses in the top 2 or 3 kids in every class. From there it's a crap shoot...

 

FWIW... Scout.com's Top 10 in 2009:

 

1. John Wall

2. Avery Bradley

3. Lance Stephenson

4. John Henson

5. Derrick Favors

6. Abdul Gaddy

7. Xavier Henry

8. Jordan Hamilton

9. Renardo Sidney

10. DeMarcus Cousins

 

(Rivals had Wall 1 and Cousins 2)

Statistically he is.....and his team has performed comparably as well.

 

Scheyer is not near the defender Wall is. Please don't try to argue that.

 

The difference between UK and Duke is UK can win in tough environments against top 25 teams on the road and Duke can't. UK's schedule has not been as tough as expected thanks to UConn, UNC, and even UL not being as good as expected, but I'd argue that the SEC is better than the ACC and UK is doing great in conference. I don't think anyone in the ACC is as good as Tennessee and Vandy aside from Duke.

FWIW... Scout.com's Top 10 in 2009:

 

1. John Wall

2. Avery Bradley

3. Lance Stephenson

4. John Henson

5. Derrick Favors

6. Abdul Gaddy

7. Xavier Henry

8. Jordan Hamilton

9. Renardo Sidney

10. DeMarcus Cousins

 

(Rivals had Wall 1 and Cousins 2)

 

Rivals has ended up being more accurate to this point. John Henson has probably been the biggest dissapointment. Which I never imagined Cousins would be as good as hes been for a freshman to be honest.

FWIW... Scout.com's Top 10 in 2009:

 

1. John Wall

2. Avery Bradley

3. Lance Stephenson

4. John Henson

5. Derrick Favors

6. Abdul Gaddy

7. Xavier Henry

8. Jordan Hamilton

9. Renardo Sidney

10. DeMarcus Cousins

 

(Rivals had Wall 1 and Cousins 2)

 

Just proves what I've said for years. Scout is terrible. :D

Scheyer is not near the defender Wall is. Please don't try to argue that.

 

The difference between UK and Duke is UK can win in tough environments against top 25 teams on the road and Duke can't. UK's schedule has not been as tough as expected thanks to UConn, UNC, and even UL not being as good as expected, but I'd argue that the SEC is better than the ACC and UK is doing great in conference. I don't think anyone in the ACC is as good as Tennessee and Vandy aside from Duke.

 

SEC isn't even close to the ACC.... SEC will be lucky to get 4, 5 teams into the tournament. I see ACC making 6 right now. Tennessee and Vanderbilt are not that good IMO. The depth of the ACC trumps SEC all day, every day. Heck are second to last placed team to the mighty Wildcats down to the wire. :sssh:

SEC isn't even close to the ACC.... SEC will be lucky to get 4, 5 teams into the tournament. I see ACC making 6 right now. Tennessee and Vanderbilt are not that good IMO. The depth of the ACC trumps SEC all day, every day. Heck are second to last placed team to the mighty Wildcats down to the wire. :sssh:

 

But only one of those teams are ranked. I don't see the ACC as infinitely better than the ACC, the stats just don't back it up. ACC is probably better though I do agree.

I don't see the comparison between Scheyer and Wall. If we're going to do that then give me Kenneth Faried as a 1st or 2nd team AA, since the numbers are clearly there. I like Scheyer and he's a nice player but IMO he's had no where close to the year Wall has had and I don't care what the numbers say.

SEC isn't even close to the ACC.... SEC will be lucky to get 4, 5 teams into the tournament. I see ACC making 6 right now. Tennessee and Vanderbilt are not that good IMO. The depth of the ACC trumps SEC all day, every day. Heck are second to last placed team to the mighty Wildcats down to the wire. :sssh:
Yes in December and anyone who knows anything about basketball knows this UK team is not the same as then. I see the ACC with 6 teams in. I will give you TN, but I don't agree with your opinion of Vandy.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.