February 24, 201016 yr Anyways, as Duke fans we don't expect any respect from UK fans and anything that we say even if it is true will be shot down immediately. Plain and simple Jon Scheyer will be second team All-American. Again, I think instead of playing the victim card, you are failing to realize most are giving Scheyer a lot of credit, he is just not going to win the award this season due to who he is going up against. That does not mean everyone is saying that Scheyer sucks.
February 24, 201016 yr You all can make fun and turn it whichever way you want to, but the ACC in the end is still a better conference than the SEC. None of you all have given a valid argument as to why the SEC would be better than the ACC, except for who is in the Top 25 right now. I forgot the rankings were the end all. :lol:
February 24, 201016 yr You all can make fun and turn it whichever way you want to, but the ACC in the end is still a better conference than the SEC. None of you all have given a valid argument as to why the SEC would be better than the ACC, except for who is in the Top 25 right now. I forgot the rankings were the end all. :lol: No offense, but you asked for a valid argument and people cite the top 25 but that is discredited in your eyes. :confused: While it may not be the "end all" it is at least some shred of empirical evidence. To me it is simply an eye test. Overall I feel the ACC is better. Not necessarily by a wide margin, but a little better I would say night in-and-out.
February 24, 201016 yr No offense, but you asked for a valid argument and people cite the top 25 but that is discredited in your eyes. :confused: While it may not be the "end all" it is at least some shred of empirical evidence. To me it is simply an eye test. Overall I feel the ACC is better. Not necessarily by a wide margin, but a little better I would say night in-and-out. Your second part of your post is what it is. There really isn't a way to prove one conference is better than another unless you watch them both. Most on here are just biased because they see SEC play more. I on the other hand see both the ACC and SEC fairly regularly. That's why I guess I feel like the ACC is better.
February 25, 201016 yr You all can make fun and turn it whichever way you want to, but the ACC in the end is still a better conference than the SEC. Prove it. You've given nothing other than your opinion. So until something changes, I'm sticking to MY original opinion of HOMER.
February 25, 201016 yr Your second part of your post is what it is. There really isn't a way to prove one conference is better than another unless you watch them both. Most on here are just biased because they see SEC play more. I on the other hand see both the ACC and SEC fairly regularly. That's why I guess I feel like the ACC is better. And who is your favorite team? FWIW, I think the SEC is better at the top but overall the ACC probably has a small edge.
February 25, 201016 yr They have 4 losses, UK has 1. I tend to feel that if Duke played that schedule, they'd likely be in the same position. I know this board is biased, and I know I won't get support here. But Jon Scheyer is deserving of first team All American, and I bet some of you are shocked that his statistics are what they are. This question is not mean to be rude or even sarcastic...but as a Duke fan and stating what you said above, why do you spend so much time A.) watching every game Wall has played and B.) on a site where 90% of the posters are UK fans? I hope you really understand that I am being serious and very curious. Do you like to argue? Do you hate UK and their fans? I mean, I am really curious.
February 25, 201016 yr And who is your favorite team? FWIW, I think the SEC is better at the top but overall the ACC probably has a small edge. Duke is my favorite team. UK is my 2nd favorite team, I go to school at UK. :thumb:
February 25, 201016 yr Duke is my favorite team. UK is my 2nd favorite team, I go to school at UK. :thumb: It's comical to claim everyone else biased because they may disagree with you.
February 25, 201016 yr Prove it. You've given nothing other than your opinion. So until something changes, I'm sticking to MY original opinion of HOMER. Since you guys like rankings so much... ACC Duke- RPI 2 SOS 4 Wake- RPI 20 SOS 26 Ga Tech- RPI 30 SOS 17 Clemson- RPI 33 SOS 35 Maryland- RPI 34 SOS 31 Florida St.- RPI 39 SOS 53 Va Tech- RPI 45 SOS 140 SEC Kentucky- RPI 3 SOS 40 Vandy- RPI 14 SOS 15 Tennessee- RPI 19 SOS 21 Florida- RPI 47 SOS 46 Ole Miss- RPI 63 SOS 56 Miss. St.- RPI 64 SOS 109 South Carolina- RPI 80 SOS 28 I'm not a big fan of the RPI, but those are the top 7 schools in each conference based on RPI. I don't have the time nor the care to do every school, but even if I did it showed that ACC has more depth. Based on those top 7 schools, you have to go with the ACC. The high rankings of Vandy and Tennessee did surprise me though. :thumb:
February 25, 201016 yr It's comical to claim everyone else biased because they may disagree with you. Am I wrong to think that the majority on this board watch more SEC games than ACC games ( not considering Gametime and Wireman among others) so in turn they would be more familiar with the SEC?
February 25, 201016 yr Am I wrong to think that the majority on this board watch more SEC games than ACC games ( not considering Gametime and Wireman among others) so in turn they would be more familiar with the SEC? I don't know if I've seen one Pac 10 game this year but I know that they are terrible. You write off any UK fan that sticks up for the SEC as blatantly biased even though the conferences are way closer than you suggest. I imagine there are many UK fans that watch the SEC more than the Big East but none would tell you that the SEC is better.
February 25, 201016 yr I don't know if I've seen one Pac 10 game this year but I know that they are terrible. You write off any UK fan that sticks up for the SEC as blatantly biased even though the conferences are way closer than you suggest. I imagine there are many UK fans that watch the SEC more than the Big East but none would tell you that the SEC is better. I'll note after seeing the higher ranking of UT and Vandy I'll say that it is closer than I originally thought, but that doesn't mean they are better. I'm saying naturally the majority of this board WILL have bias towards the SEC and there is no denying that. :thumb: Nobody outside of the SEC region will argue that the SEC is better than the ACC, plain and simple.
February 25, 201016 yr Guys what does it matter? UK is better than Duke, Wall is better than Scheyer. It's not a face since they haven't met up, but I'd say probably about 95% of neutral fans would agree. Hey let's just ask Roy Williams.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.