Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All-Americans

Featured Replies

I watch every game that UK, Duke, and Louisville play (unless they overlap, then Duke comes first). The latter of the two are more for fandom, the UK watching allows me to debate in this forum, with some sense of knowledge. It has been discussed over and over. I despise UK, I have since college ('95-'98, go figure). I do like to debate, not argue.

 

Seriously now. John Scheyer has had a great year. He is a very smart player and has accomplished a lot. That said, hes not John Wall. John Wall is ridiculously talented and has physical God-given gifts that Scheyer don't. No one in America who isn't a Duke fan is talking about Scheyer and Wall in the same sentence. The reason for that is he isn't as good.

  • Replies 139
  • Views 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ John Wall has much more upside than Scheyer, a ton. Potential doesn't always perform accordingly. Scheyer and Wall have performed similarly, who's had the better season statistically is debatable. Nothing more, nothing less.

^ John Wall has much more upside than Scheyer, a ton. Potential doesn't always perform accordingly. Scheyer and Wall have performed similarly, who's had the better season statistically is debatable. Nothing more, nothing less.

 

Statistically, yes, the numbers are comparable. Kentucky has had the better year thus far and #'s do not always tell the entire story.

 

With that said, those who left Scheyer off of both the first AND second team have some explaining to do, IMO.

^ John Wall has much more upside than Scheyer, a ton. Potential doesn't always perform accordingly. Scheyer and Wall have performed similarly, who's had the better season statistically is debatable. Nothing more, nothing less.

 

But Wall has had the better season period. Thats why everyone is talking about him for POY candidate.

Is this thread about potential All-Americans?

 

or

 

SEC vs. ACC?

 

or

 

A Wall vs. Scheyer thread?

 

J/W

Is this thread about potential All-Americans?

 

or

 

SEC vs. ACC?

 

or

 

A Wall vs. Scheyer thread?

 

J/W

 

D. All of the Above

But Wall has had the better season period. Thats why everyone is talking about him for POY candidate.

 

WHY has he had the better season....because he is faster and "looks" better playing? He is a phenom, no doubt. I just don't understand why his season is SO much better than Scheyer's.

I thought it was about who deserves All-American honors. IMO, Jon Scheyer deserves to be on the 1st team. If he doesn't make it, I will understand, though I feel he has earned it.

 

****Disclaimer, this year, there are at least 3 deserving PG's for AA, maybe they'll form the team a little non-traditionally.

I thought it was about who deserves All-American honors. IMO, Jon Scheyer deserves to be on the 1st team. If he doesn't make it, I will understand, though I feel he has earned it.

 

****Disclaimer, this year, there are at least 3 deserving PG's for AA, maybe they'll form the team a little non-traditionally.

 

I assume you are talking about Wall, Collins & Scheyer?

 

If so, I agree.

I assume you are talking about Wall, Collins & Scheyer?

 

If so, I agree.

 

I am.....what if it were something like Wall, Scheyer, Collins, Aldrich (Cousins), and Turner?

 

Those are the 6 that really stand out to me. Wes Johnson is a phenom, but how good are his stats amongst everyone else?

 

Johnson - 15.8 ppg, 8.7 rpg, 2.3 apg, 50% FG, 40% (3fg)....man, he's pretty darned impressive as well.

You ever watch John Wall play?

 

Or listen to what the commentators and sports analysts say about him I mean you'd have to live in a cave to not think Wall is first team all American.

  • Author

John Wall is better than Jon Scheyer.

UK is better than Duke.

Pot meet kettle....thankfully you have some sense regarding high school choice.

 

And you are blind when it comes to UK. You are probably the most negative UK poster on this site. Your beloved UL and Duke are not the end all of college athletics as you make them out to be. They have nice programs but have no where close to the tradition and history of UK. To think otherwise is laughable. You never waste a chance to slam UK or me for that matter. I don't attack you personally and you show a real lack of class when you constantly attack me if I post something you don't like.

I am.....what if it were something like Wall, Scheyer, Collins, Aldrich (Cousins), and Turner?

 

Those are the 6 that really stand out to me. Wes Johnson is a phenom, but how good are his stats amongst everyone else?

 

Johnson - 15.8 ppg, 8.7 rpg, 2.3 apg, 50% FG, 40% (3fg)....man, he's pretty darned impressive as well.

 

I really think that one of the bolded three are going to get the boot to make way for Wesley Johnson.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.