Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All-Americans

Featured Replies

Since you guys like rankings so much...

 

ACC

Duke- RPI 2 SOS 4

Wake- RPI 20 SOS 26

Ga Tech- RPI 30 SOS 17

 

 

SEC

Kentucky- RPI 3 SOS 40

Vandy- RPI 14 SOS 15

Tennessee- RPI 19 SOS 21

 

I chose my arbitrary cut off point to be the top 3. Based on those, the SEC is better. :thumb:

  • Replies 139
  • Views 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guys what does it matter? UK is better than Duke, Wall is better than Scheyer. It's not a face since they haven't met up, but I'd say probably about 95% of neutral fans would agree.

 

Hey let's just ask Roy Williams.

 

Duke did beat UNC by more at their place...:lol: I'm kidding guys, everybody knows UK has superior talent to Duke.

 

That doesn't mean Duke couldn't beat UK though.

I chose my arbitrary cut off point to be the top 3. Based on those, the SEC is better. :thumb:

 

I'll go as far as giving you the SEC's top 3 are better than ACC's top 3 (even though I feel Vandy and UT are a bit overrated), but as far as top half of the conferences or the conferences as a whole the ACC trumps.

Duke did beat UNC by more at their place...:lol: I'm kidding guys, everybody knows UK has superior talent to Duke.

 

That doesn't mean Duke couldn't beat UK though.

 

Never said they couldn't. For the record, I'd put Scheyer 2nd team. That's not a slight to him, but it will be hard for him IMO to beat out Wall or Turner (technically he doesn't have a position, but he plays alot of PG).

 

Also in this hypothetical matchup, I'd love to see Cousins have to work against Zoubek. Zoubek has the offensive post move arsenal of a 1st grader, but that guy can rebound. He'd be a load for Cousins on the boards.

Never said they couldn't. For the record, I'd put Scheyer 2nd team. That's not a slight to him, but it will be hard for him IMO to beat out Wall or Turner (technically he doesn't have a position, but he plays alot of PG).

 

Also in this hypothetical matchup, I'd love to see Cousins have to work against Zoubek. Zoubek has the offensive post move arsenal of a 1st grader, but that guy can rebound. He'd be a load for Cousins on the boards.

 

Oh Duke would get abused on the inside, not as bad as most years though. Zoubek was a waste of space all of his career except the last 5 or so games. The trio would have to have a great night altogether at the same time, with some contributions from the bigs especially the Plumlees.

 

I agree Scheyer has the numbers for 1st team, but since he's going up against THE John Wall and Sherron Collins he'll be 2nd team. :thumb:

 

All Americans for me would include:

 

Wall

Collins

Turner

Cousins

Aldrich (even though I don't believe he's all he's made out to be)

  • Author
I'll go as far as giving you the SEC's top 3 are better than ACC's top 3 (even though I feel Vandy and UT are a bit overrated), but as far as top half of the conferences or the conferences as a whole the ACC trumps.

 

You have changed the gorunds of your argument about a million times. I don't know what to beleive from you...:ohbrother::isurrender:

You have changed the gorunds of your argument about a million times. I don't know what to beleive from you...:ohbrother::isurrender:

 

I don't believe it to be true, but heck I'm tired of arguing and it won't do any good on this board. The numbers are better for SEC's side than I originally thought, but that doesn't mean it's right.

Would you want your dUKies to meet them early in the NCAA tournament? I don't want my Cats to have to play them again.

 

I didn't see this post until now, sorry for the late response.

 

In Memorial, heck no. Any team is lucky to come out alive after playing there.

 

On a neutral court, I'd take my chances any day. :thumb:

I don't see the comparison between Scheyer and Wall. If we're going to do that then give me Kenneth Faried as a 1st or 2nd team AA, since the numbers are clearly there. I like Scheyer and he's a nice player but IMO he's had no where close to the year Wall has had and I don't care what the numbers say.

 

Not caring about what the numbers say is ludicrous. Scheyer plays for the #5 team in the land, that plays the #4 ranked schedule. Wall plays for the #2 team in the land, that plays the #39 ranked schedule. Faried plays for the #101 team in the land, while playing against the #171 schedule.

 

Often times your posts make sense. The above wasn't one of those times.

You ACC homers on here are always good for an out loud laugh. Thanks.

 

Pot meet kettle....thankfully you have some sense regarding high school choice.

Would you want your dUKies to meet them early in the NCAA tournament? I don't want my Cats to have to play them again.

 

I actually would be ok for Duke to play them....they aren't crazy athletic and running all over the place.

I understand and respect what you are saying here with the stats, but just my opinion UK has a lot more stat stuffers than Duke. The Dukies rely on Scheyer and Singler, and occasionally Smith for their offensive production. Scheyer is asked to score the points, I don't think that is exactly the case for Wall. Just from watching the games this year for both teams, Duke is a Scheyer and Singler first option team, meaning more looks. UK is a Cousins and Patterson first look team, with Wall and Bledsoe to make plays. I think that contributes to Scheyers numbers a lot. No bash on Scheyer, he is a very good player, but he just doesn't have the game Wall does

 

Duke scores with 3 players.....that's a pretty broad spectrum, certainly more than the two when JJ and Shel were there.

UNC was ranked highly when they played UK and were playing good basketball. They are talented they just have fallen apart and fast. They were a top 15 team when UK played them and I do not think anyone can argue that. UCONN was also playing very good when they played UK. Just because they have both fallen off because of youth does not mean they were easy wins.

 

Duke handled UConn around the same time...that said, I have no interest in seeing Connecticut again.

This question is not mean to be rude or even sarcastic...but as a Duke fan and stating what you said above, why do you spend so much time A.) watching every game Wall has played and B.) on a site where 90% of the posters are UK fans? I hope you really understand that I am being serious and very curious. Do you like to argue? Do you hate UK and their fans? I mean, I am really curious.

I watch every game that UK, Duke, and Louisville play (unless they overlap, then Duke comes first). The latter of the two are more for fandom, the UK watching allows me to debate in this forum, with some sense of knowledge. It has been discussed over and over. I despise UK, I have since college ('95-'98, go figure). I do like to debate, not argue.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.