Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All-Americans

Featured Replies

Statistically it's as good as any on this list, all the while playing a brutal schedule. If anything, being that he's known to not be as good a player as the others, he's over achieved more than most on the list.

  • Replies 139
  • Views 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Statistically it's as good as any on this list, all the while playing a brutal schedule. If anything, being that he's known to not be as good a player as the others, he's over achieved more than most on the list.

 

It's pretty hard to over acheive more than a freshmen.

It's pretty hard to over acheive more than a freshmen.

So the #1 or #2 freshman in the class isn't expected to do much???

Jon Scheyer - 18.9 ppg, 5.4 apg, 3.4 rpg, 1.6 spg, 3.06 assist to T.O. ratio....#5 team in the country while playing the #5 rated SOS.....

 

John Wall - 16.8 ppg, 6.3 apg, 4.1 rpg, 1.88 spg, 1.6 assist to T.O. ratio.....#2 team in the country while playing the #38 rated SOS.....

 

Wall shoots 47% from the field while Scheyer shoots 41% from the field. You forgot to mention that stat.

 

Also, John Wall is a much better defender. Hes a big reason why UK's defense has been so good and actually had a huge defensive play to win the game on Saturday. Scheyer is not John Wall. Hes had a great year, but hes not John Wall.

  • Author
So the #1 or #2 freshman in the class isn't expected to do much???

 

#1,2,3,4,5, etc. freshmen they are still freshmen. For a freshmen to come in and lead the number two team in the country in scoring and a 26-1 record is almost unheard of. I take John Wall all day and twice on Sundays. :D

Jon Scheyer - 18.9 ppg, 5.4 apg, 3.4 rpg, 1.6 spg, 3.06 assist to T.O. ratio....#5 team in the country while playing the #5 rated SOS.....

 

John Wall - 16.8 ppg, 6.3 apg, 4.1 rpg, 1.88 spg, 1.6 assist to T.O. ratio.....#2 team in the country while playing the #38 rated SOS.....

 

This again?

 

Statistically it's as good as any on this list, all the while playing a brutal schedule. If anything, being that he's known to not be as good a player as the others, he's over achieved more than most on the list.

 

Brutal schedule? I know its highly ranked somehow, but the ACC stinks this year. And they have 4 times as many losses as UK. Oh, and they're the only ranked team in their conference. If I'm not mistaken, the only win they have over a currently ranked team is vs. Gonzaga.

I'd solidly put Scheyer on the 2nd team. I'm also not one that gets hung up on stats and will admit i've only watched him a handful of times. When I say i'm not hung up on stats, I'm saying that Saturday in Nashville was one of Wall's best two or 3 games this year and statistically it was probably his worst. Having said all that, most people that vote don't watch all of the games, so who knows.

This again?

 

 

 

Brutal schedule? I know its highly ranked somehow, but the ACC stinks this year. And they have 4 times as many losses as UK. Oh, and they're the only ranked team in their conference. If I'm not mistaken, the only win they have over a currently ranked team is vs. Gonzaga.

 

:lol: But, but....It's Duke. :notworthy:

Wall shoots 47% from the field while Scheyer shoots 41% from the field. You forgot to mention that stat.

 

Also, John Wall is a much better defender. Hes a big reason why UK's defense has been so good and actually had a huge defensive play to win the game on Saturday. Scheyer is not John Wall. Hes had a great year, but hes not John Wall.

 

Statistically he is.....and his team has performed comparably as well.

Brutal schedule? I know its highly ranked somehow, but the ACC stinks this year. And they have 4 times as many losses as UK. Oh, and they're the only ranked team in their conference. If I'm not mistaken, the only win they have over a currently ranked team is vs. Gonzaga.

They have 4 losses, UK has 1. I tend to feel that if Duke played that schedule, they'd likely be in the same position. I know this board is biased, and I know I won't get support here. But Jon Scheyer is deserving of first team All American, and I bet some of you are shocked that his statistics are what they are.

Why is John Wall such a lock to be first team, and Scheyer not even worthy of the first two?

Why is John Wall such a lock to be first team, and Scheyer not even worthy of the first two?

 

You ever watch John Wall play?

You ever watch John Wall play?

 

Every game.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.