February 23, 201016 yr It is. 1/4 and 2/3 are scheduled to meet in the Final Four. Lunardi does some sloppy work. He also shows Murray State with 2 less wins than they actually have. I'm pretty sure that's because they have a couple wins against non-DI teams...
February 23, 201016 yr Actually in one of the articles I read they say they do try to avoid having teams meet in the first two rounds if they have already played in the regular season. If it's the same conference then they go to 4 different regions and if you have a fifth team from the conference then it is a sweet 16 matchup at the earliest. I could be wrong but I believe that's what they attempt to do. The UofL/Morehead State match up from last year says different. I'm fairly sure I've seen that they TRY to avoid rematches regardless of conference. Its certainly not at the top of the priority list though, and rematches obviously do occur.
February 23, 201016 yr I hope most of you realize that almost EVERYONE has Kansas and Syracuse as the 2 best teams in the nation......so Lunardi has UK as the 4th best #1 seed and a few others do also.
February 23, 201016 yr I hope most of you realize that almost EVERYONE has Kansas and Syracuse as the 2 best teams in the nation......so Lunardi has UK as the 4th best #1 seed and a few others do also. :lol::lol: By everyone you mean Bob Knight? Because you obviously don't mean the coaches poll or AP poll.
February 23, 201016 yr :lol::lol: By everyone you mean Bob Knight? Because you obviously don't mean the coaches poll or AP poll. :thumb:
February 23, 201016 yr I hope most of you realize that almost EVERYONE has Kansas and Syracuse as the 2 best teams in the nation......so Lunardi has UK as the 4th best #1 seed and a few others do also. Some of the misinformation in this thread makes my head spin. Let's begin with this one. Lunardi has UK as the second best #1 seed, just like most in the nation. I mean, you say EVERYONE has them as 2nd best when in reality only two voters in the AP Poll, none in the coaches poll have Syracuse as #2. Besides ESPN, I don't know that the other bracket projections let you know which ones are ranked #1-4 on the #1 seed chart, but no projections have UK as anything but a #1 seed while some have Syracuse as a #2 seed. Your statement is just unequivocally false. This is Lunardi's S-Curve report on UK, the first number being their position on the S-Curve and in parentheses the Bracketology date they had it. 4 means the fourth #1 seed, 3 means the third #1 seed, etc. They've been the second #1 seed since Syracuse lost to Louisville at home. Seed Report: S-Curve history: 4 (Nov. 9), 4 (Dec. 15), 4 (Jan. 4), 3 (Jan. 11), 2 (Jan. 18), 1 (Jan. 25), 4 (Feb. 1), 3 (Feb. 8), 4 (Feb. 12), 2 (Feb. 15), 2 (Feb. 19), 2 (Feb. 22). Next... 1. He has UK in the East which would play the Midwest in the Final Four. Why would the tournament selection committee have UK and Kansas meet in the semis vs. the finals? If the teams are seeded properly, one would think that UK and Kansas would be on opposite sides of the bracket. He does not have UK where they would play Kansas in the Final Four. Firstly, the regions are not set in stone. The Midwest does not necessarily play any region until Selection Sunday. The #1 seeds are slotted preferentially to a region (in this case UK is slotted to the East because Syracuse is the regional site, both because I guess it rates as more preferential than Houston as well as that Syracuse cannot go there) and then the #1 seeds themselves are ranked #1-#4, and the #1 One Seed will play the #4 One Seed, with the #2 & #3 One Seeds meeting on the other side. In this case, the East will play the South because UK is the #2 One Seed and Syracuse the #3 One Seed. You can see this at the top of the projections on the right where the regions are connected by a line to the one they would meet in the Final Four. So in reality don't look at this like the regions above and below each other will play, but rather beside each other. Now, if you want to talk about something I don't understand, it's why the best #2 seed (Duke) is slotted with the second best #1 seed (UK), while the worst #1 seed (Purdue) was slotted with the worst #2 seed (West Virginia). UK's bracket in fact has the second best #1 seed, best #2 seed, second best #3 seed (Georgetown), and second best #4 seed (BYU). If that's UK's reward for being the second best team going in, I'd just as soon they were considered the worst of the #1s. In Purdue's region, the top 3 seeds are considered either the worst or second worst of their seed line. Only Pitt (the best #4 seed) is above that.
February 23, 201016 yr ^ The polls don't really matter in regards to this., But the info posted by DragonFire does. Pans out the same. :popcorn:
February 23, 201016 yr I wouldn't mind seeing Louisville in that 8/9 game. It would make for a great game and I'd rather have our boys continually tested then a cakewalk to the Elite 8 and then watch them fold. I don't know, you shouldn't be afraid of anyone in the tournament when you're the #2 team in the nation.
February 23, 201016 yr UK fans... which potential 8/9 teams do you not want to see? UCONN and Louisville are up there for me. UConn for sure. I've been saying for the past couple months that if they don't make the tournament they will run the NIT. UConn is a very very good team when they play to their potential.
February 23, 201016 yr ^ The polls don't really matter in regards to this., I'm interested in the "everyone" that has Kansas and Syracuse has the top two teams?
February 23, 201016 yr Thank you Dragon Fire for posting some truth about the selection process. First, only D-I wins are counted, so the record isn't "sloppy." Its an accurate account of what the committee will be looking at. Second, the bracket setup is shown in the top right corner. Midwest and West have a line connecting them; as does East and South. This week has Midwest (Kansas, 1) playing West (Purdue, 4). The East (Kentucky, 2) would play South (Syracuse, 3). I think it would better if they used a bracket setup just like the one you will print off on selection Sunday, but a quick look should explain everything.
February 23, 201016 yr I'm certainly not afraid of any team for the Cats, but out of every team there, UConn may be my biggest fear. Georgetown doesn't scare me. They're only good when they are nailing them from outside at a crazy clip. Wisconsin is a little worrisome, but not bad.
February 23, 201016 yr So the selection committee goes by polls? Because that is all you posted? If Lunardi has them as the 2nd best #1 they should be opposite of Kansas. I'd be interested in GT's take on this.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.