Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bracket Discussion

Featured Replies

So the selection committee goes by polls?

 

Because that is all you posted?

 

If Lunardi has them as the 2nd best #1 they should be opposite of Kansas.

 

 

I'd be interested in GT's take on this.

 

You are the one who claimed that "everyone" has Kansas and Syracuse as the top two. Could you tell us who "everyone" is?

  • Replies 40
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You are the one who claimed that "everyone" has Kansas and Syracuse as the top two. Could you tell us who "everyone" is?

 

If you're going to use quotes, be correct. He said "EVERYONE."

 

:D

So the selection committee goes by polls?

 

Because that is all you posted?

 

If Lunardi has them as the 2nd best #1 they should be opposite of Kansas.

 

 

I'd be interested in GT's take on this.

 

 

Tell you what, you show me something to back up your statement that everyone considers Kansas and Syracuse the best teams, because up until now you haven't posted jack squat to back what you said.

 

All I posted was that the #1 thing that would show us what the general consensus at this point is the polls, and they all disagree with you outside of 2 people that vote. All I posted is that the very bracket we are talking about has UK as the #2 team ahead of Syracuse at #3. All I posted was that if you'd bother to look on the bracketology page at the top right you'd see that the projection has the Midwest playing the West (i.e. Kansas playing Purdue) and the East playing the South (i.e. Kentucky playing Syracuse). Just because Lunardi doesn't have the sense to set it up on his page the way most people would read it by default doesn't make it not true. That S-Curve report I posted up there is real, and it has UK as #2. I don't know why you continue to believe that Lunardi has them at #4. And most sites I've seen don't have UK and Kansas playing before the finals. Beyond that, I don't know how you'd determine whether they thought Syracuse or UK was better if they're on the same side of the bracket.

So the selection committee goes by polls?

 

Because that is all you posted?

 

If Lunardi has them as the 2nd best #1 they should be opposite of Kansas.

 

 

I'd be interested in GT's take on this.

DF is on point. They now adjust the regions to fit the seeds...

I'm pretty sure that's because they have a couple wins against non-DI teams...

:thumb: I never realized it and I guess it explains why a lot of teams full records are not shown.

I wonder how many more tournament brackets are filled out in Kentucky this year...

 

A local gas station does one around here and usually the pot ends up at right around $20,000... That said, Kentucky was less than stellar then. I'd imagine it will be much higher this year...

I don't think they'd ever put UofL as an 8/9 and UK as a 1 in the same pod. It would be a waste of tickets. UK fans travel better than anyone, they don't need help selling out a venue. UofL fans travel well too, they would be a big attraction as a 8/9 seed. They would put them in a different venue to help sell it out. Some of these first round venues have trouble selling their tickets. Not every school travels like UK and UofL.

I don't think they'd ever put UofL as an 8/9 and UK as a 1 in the same pod. It would be a waste of tickets. UK fans travel better than anyone, they don't need help selling out a venue. UofL fans travel well too, they would be a big attraction as a 8/9 seed. They would put them in a different venue to help sell it out. Some of these first round venues have trouble selling their tickets. Not every school travels like UK and UofL.

 

Solid point.

  • Author
Tell you what, you show me something to back up your statement that everyone considers Kansas and Syracuse the best teams, because up until now you haven't posted jack squat to back what you said.

 

All I posted was that the #1 thing that would show us what the general consensus at this point is the polls, and they all disagree with you outside of 2 people that vote. All I posted is that the very bracket we are talking about has UK as the #2 team ahead of Syracuse at #3. All I posted was that if you'd bother to look on the bracketology page at the top right you'd see that the projection has the Midwest playing the West (i.e. Kansas playing Purdue) and the East playing the South (i.e. Kentucky playing Syracuse). Just because Lunardi doesn't have the sense to set it up on his page the way most people would read it by default doesn't make it not true. That S-Curve report I posted up there is real, and it has UK as #2. I don't know why you continue to believe that Lunardi has them at #4. And most sites I've seen don't have UK and Kansas playing before the finals. Beyond that, I don't know how you'd determine whether they thought Syracuse or UK was better if they're on the same side of the bracket.

 

Thanks for clearing up that point. I have looked at Brackets all my life and have never seen them set up with connecting lines. That created confusion.

 

DF is on point. They now adjust the regions to fit the seeds...

 

So, is it safe to say that the Final Four teams will not be "reseeded" once they make it to the Final Four?

So, is it safe to say that the Final Four teams will not be "reseeded" once they make it to the Final Four?

 

Correct. It's done before the brackets are released...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.