Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bracket Discussion

Featured Replies

Looking at Lunardi's Bracketology, a couple of things concern me...........

 

1. He has UK in the East which would play the Midwest in the Final Four. Why would the tournament selection committee have UK and Kansas meet in the semis vs. the finals? If the teams are seeded properly, one would think that UK and Kansas would be on opposite sides of the bracket.

 

2. He has UK with a possible matchup with L'ville in the second round. This could turn out to be a really tough game early in the tournament.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking at Lunardi's Bracketology, a couple of things concern me...........

 

1. He has UK in the East which would play the Midwest in the Final Four. Why would the tournament selection committee have UK and Kansas meet in the semis vs. the finals? If the teams are seeded properly, one would think that UK and Kansas would be on opposite sides of the bracket.

 

 

 

 

I thought they changed it a few years back where the Final Four is seeded.

I thought they changed it a few years back where the Final Four is seeded.

It is. 1/4 and 2/3 are scheduled to meet in the Final Four. Lunardi does some sloppy work. He also shows Murray State with 2 less wins than they actually have.

It is. 1/4 and 2/3 are scheduled to meet in the Final Four. Lunardi does some sloppy work. He also shows Murray State with 2 less wins than they actually have.

 

Don't they also try to avoid regular season rematches in the first two rounds?

Don't they also try to avoid regular season rematches in the first two rounds?

They do bracket teams so that if you are in the same conference, you will not see that team until at least the Elite 8. Out of conference rematches I believe are fair game at any time.

 

1. He has UK in the East which would play the Midwest in the Final Four. Why would the tournament selection committee have UK and Kansas meet in the semis vs. the finals? If the teams are seeded properly, one would think that UK and Kansas would be on opposite sides of the bracket.

 

 

It's a conspiracy. They don't want UK to make the title game. :popcorn:

They love trying to set up compelling 2nd Round and Elite 8 match-ups, so I could really see UL - UK being a possibility. I for one, would LOVE that.

They do bracket teams so that if you are in the same conference, you will not see that team until at least the Elite 8. Out of conference rematches I believe are fair game at any time.

 

Actually in one of the articles I read they say they do try to avoid having teams meet in the first two rounds if they have already played in the regular season. If it's the same conference then they go to 4 different regions and if you have a fifth team from the conference then it is a sweet 16 matchup at the earliest. I could be wrong but I believe that's what they attempt to do.

It's a conspiracy. They don't want UK to make the title game. :popcorn:

 

 

Yep. I think we'll see these guys doing UK's bracket this year.

 

 

Digger Phelps, Bobby Knight, Pat Forde, Dick Vitale, and Billy Packer. :lol::lol:

Yep. I think we'll see these guys doing UK's bracket this year.

 

 

Digger Phelps, Bobby Knight, Pat Forde, Dick Vitale, and Billy Packer. :lol::lol:

 

Throw in everybody from ESPN. :D

Actually in one of the articles I read they say they do try to avoid having teams meet in the first two rounds if they have already played in the regular season. If it's the same conference then they go to 4 different regions and if you have a fifth team from the conference then it is a sweet 16 matchup at the earliest. I could be wrong but I believe that's what they attempt to do.

 

 

The UofL/Morehead State match up from last year says different.

The UofL/Morehead State match up from last year says different.

 

:thumb:

UK fans... which potential 8/9 teams do you not want to see?

 

UCONN and Louisville are up there for me.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.