February 11, 201016 yr KU only 4 wins back all-time. I really think they're going to beat them to 2000.
February 11, 201016 yr Didn't I said Duke by 10 in the prediction thread?That a pretty good guess don't you think?:lol:
February 11, 201016 yr Didn't I said Duke by 10 in the prediction thread?That a pretty good guess don't you think?:lol: That is darned good. I picked Duke by 3, but in a higher scoring game. The Tarheels are really struggling. With their schedule coming up, they may struggle to get into the NIT. I am really surprised they have fallen this far. I know they lost a lot of talent the past few years but barely over .500 overall shocks me.
February 11, 201016 yr KU only 4 wins back all-time. I really think they're going to beat them to 2000. What are the current totals?
February 11, 201016 yr What are the current totals? 1997 for UNC, 1993 for Kansas. North Carolina's schedule doesn't exactly set up favorably, but not super bad either. They have N.C. State at home on Saturday, which should be a win as the Wolfpack is their lone win on the road in the ACC, and actually one of only two road wins they have ALL YEAR. They then travel to Georgia Tech which I consider a probable loss, and then they have a winnable road game against Boston College on the 20th before returning home for a tough one against Florida State. If they don't manage to win 3 of those 4, I think they'll be looking to a home game against Miami (FL) on March 2nd (after a trip to Wake Forest on February 27th) for #2000. If they only won 1 of those earlier 4, I don't think they'll get it until possibly the ACC Tournament or the NIT (or CollegeInsider.com). Kansas meanwhile just won one of the two toughest games that was left on its schedule in the trip to Texas. They've got Iowa State at home on Saturday (win), Texas A&M on the road on Monday (tough but obviously winnable), then Colorado and Oklahoma at home on the 20th & 22nd. Oklahoma State on the road on the 27th, Kansas State at home on March 3rd, and a trip to Missouri on March 6th. They've won nearly 60 in a row on their home court, so I feel comfortable in saying they'll win each of those road games, as Oklahoma is the only one even approaching daunting, and the Sooners have only won one road game all year, including losses at VCU and Houston. Colorado's one road win was at Chaminade. All three teams are in the bottom of the Big 12. I believe after February 22nd that Kansas will be only 1-2 wins behind UNC. It does help the Tar Heels that the frequency of games for KU slows down following that point. KU will only have 3 games left at that point, while UNC will have four, but only two I consider possible wins. Basically, the lynchpin games for UNC to me will be the trip to Boston College on the 20th and the home game against FSU on the 24th. As long as they don't lose both of those, I think they'll make 2000 before the tournaments start, because I think they'll beat N.C. State and Miami (FL). But BC is the only road game I see them having a shot at winning, so they need to defend their home court well. I don't think Kansas is going to lose another game in the Big 12, so if it comes to the postseason in the race, I think KU has them.
February 11, 201016 yr What are the current totals? UNC has 1997 and there is a slight chance they won't get to 2000 this year.
February 11, 201016 yr UNC has no one to lean on down the stretch of games. Duke on the other hand has plenty of guys who can be the "go to" guy.
February 11, 201016 yr UNC has 1997 and there is a slight chance they won't get to 2000 this year. I'm wondering if that would happen? Is there anyone else on UNC's Schedule that they will beat?
February 11, 201016 yr I missed the last 10 minutes of the game and the 1st half. But it seemed UNC had a chance to take control around the 10 min. mark of the 2nd half, but missed several free throws in a row. Not capitalizing on that IMO really hurt them.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.