Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY Freshman Football

Featured Replies

Can't wait to see the CovCath Frosh after watching the 8th grade team go undefeated during last years middle school football season.

 

Heard they will be adding a couple of young men that played in the Boone County League including (don't remember his name) the young man who won the award for the best back, like Bobby Beatrice did a year or two ago!

 

It will be another fun season in Park Hills!

 

Would his name be Beal?

 

I'm sure Beal was "Player of the Year" even though he was the RB. I imagine RB of the year was someone else.

 

Beal was POY. The RB of the year was Bir. He is the younger brother of the Bir that played qb on the freshman team last year.

  • Replies 183
  • Views 21k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard that Beal may go to Beechwood.

 

 

I would be surprised if he doesnt end up at Holy Cross.

I would be surprised if he doesnt end up at Holy Cross.

 

Doesnt he live in Boone County? There is a female Beal that plays hoops for Holy Cross, should I assume that is his sister? Open enrollment at its best I guess.

Doesnt he live in Boone County? There is a female Beal that plays hoops for Holy Cross, should I assume that is his sister? Open enrollment at its best I guess.

 

He and his sister went to St. Augustine on 19th Street in Covington.

 

Not sure exactly where they live.

He definitely is a kid who has benefitted from being held back in grade school and he has developed into a fine basketball player as well. He could really be a special athlete at Highlands if he works hard. His pops was a pretty darn good Football/Basketball player back in the 80's at Highlands and his Uncle may have been the best QB to ever play at Beechwood.

 

I don't think anyone will question the athleticism in that boys bloodline. Brandon is a worker, and will "work hard". I've not seen him play basketball, but have heard he is pretty good.

Campbell County was all set to add Ken Morgan (of Red Devils fame) as its frosh coach. I had just "several" parents of incoming freshman complainted to the school board, super, principal, Styers and anybody else that would listen that they did not want Coach Morgan.

 

Just some things that got me thinking:

 

I guess parents run the show out at CCHS.

 

Parents dont want their kids playing for a coach that will demand the best from their kids.

 

CCHS does not want a proven coach who will spend every ounce of energy getting this program to work.

 

That is why CCHS will never be a contender in 6A

Yeah those CC parents really know how to out good coaches. ken Morgan is a great coach and would only help CC Freshman.

 

Jonathan Scruggs will be at Holmes and he was, by far and away, the best player in any 8th grade program last year. I have never seen power and speed on a kid that age. It was only his 3rd year of football.

Yeah those CC parents really know how to out good coaches. ken Morgan is a great coach and would only help CC Freshman.

 

Jonathan Scruggs will be at Holmes and he was, by far and away, the best player in any 8th grade program last year. I have never seen power and speed on a kid that age. It was only his 3rd year of football.

 

Jonathan is a great player and was by far and away the best player in the Bengal Tiger program, but not he NKYFL. (but I understand your bias):D

 

That honor would have to be a toss up between Scruggs and Zach Harris of Campbell county.

Campbell County was all set to add Ken Morgan (of Red Devils fame) as its frosh coach. I had just "several" parents of incoming freshman complainted to the school board, super, principal, Styers and anybody else that would listen that they did not want Coach Morgan.

 

Just some things that got me thinking:

 

I guess parents run the show out at CCHS.

 

Parents dont want their kids playing for a coach that will demand the best from their kids.

 

CCHS does not want a proven coach who will spend every ounce of energy getting this program to work.

 

That is why CCHS will never be a contender in 6A

 

It is mind boggling to me how the administration allows the parents to sabotage their sports programs at Campbell Co. They always have a lot of talent and do nothing with it. I know the team from Ft.Thomas would love to have a few of the kids from the Red Devils..:D

Doesnt he live in Boone County? There is a female Beal that plays hoops for Holy Cross, should I assume that is his sister? Open enrollment at its best I guess.

 

Isn't it great that there are public schools that kids want to attend just as much as privates? Beechwood and Ft. Thomas are consistently in the top 5 in the state academically and Beechwood was rated the #1 academic school in the state last year on the state testing. Parents and students have to make decisions on what is best for their situation. I am glad to see there are many excellent options for them to choose from.

Campbell County was all set to add Ken Morgan (of Red Devils fame) as its frosh coach. I had just "several" parents of incoming freshman complainted to the school board, super, principal, Styers and anybody else that would listen that they did not want Coach Morgan.

 

Just some things that got me thinking:

 

I guess parents run the show out at CCHS.

 

Parents dont want their kids playing for a coach that will demand the best from their kids.

 

CCHS does not want a proven coach who will spend every ounce of energy getting this program to work.

 

That is why CCHS will never be a contender in 6A

 

I am not sure why parents would object to Ken Morgan but based on his record in the NKYFL, there is no doubt he would make Campbell County's freshman team a winner on the football field.

I am not sure why parents would object to Ken Morgan but based on his record in the NKYFL, there is no doubt he would make Campbell County's freshman team a winner on the football field.

 

The Red Devil juniors are ALWAYS in contention to win the superbowl. If I were CC's AD I would be thrilled to have him coaching my frosh team.

Jonathan is a great player and was by far and away the best player in the Bengal Tiger program, but not he NKYFL. (but I understand your bias):D

 

That honor would have to be a toss up between Scruggs and Zach Harris of Campbell county.

 

 

That debate has been discussed alot. I really am not baised. Zach is a great player. And a great kid. Your right, either one is worthy of that award. But it was not a toss up they actually awarded the MVP. He was the best player in the NKYFL. I think they saw it like this. If you switched them I do not think Zach could have scored against CC. Thats what made scruggs so special. No other player scored on that defense except Scruggs. He really had some special plays. All the games BT played were not blow outs and Scruggs really shined in those wins.

Edited by Ram

That debate has been wagered alot. I really am not baised. Zach is a great player. And a great kid. Your right, either one is worthy of that award. But it was not a toss up they actually awarded the MVP. He was the best player in the NKYFL. I think they saw it like this. If you switched them I do not think Zach could have scored against CC. Thats what made scruggs so special. No other player scored on that defense except Scruggs. He really had some special plays. All the games BT played were not blow outs and Scruggs really shined in those wins.

 

I am not dissing Jonathon in anyway. He is going to be an absolute stud in high school. Yes, he was awarded the league MVP. But coach, you know there is a contingent out there that will not vote CCRD because of the advantage and successes they have. Zach is a tremendous player in his own right. Tough on offense and defense.

I am not dissing Jonathon in anyway. He is going to be an absolute stud in high school. Yes, he was awarded the league MVP. But coach, you know there is a contingent out there that will not vote CCRD because of the advantage and successes they have. Zach is a tremendous player in his own right. Tough on offense and defense.

 

 

Sorry to get snippy. I personally know all the people who voted. I personally voted for Zach. But I know that it was a hard debate for some coaches. I even talked to Zach about this. The senior division really doesn't have that issue with the CCRD. I see it in the younger divisions. They were really fair about the vote. Zach will be a stud and him and scruggs really had a good time in the all star game.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.