February 3, 201016 yr He is too soft and only plays when they are at home. Look at his Road stats and watch him play in heated environments. He is a nice player but IMO he was recruited only because they missed the boat on Chris Lofton and didnt want to do it again. Pretty much the same argument I made the other day to a friend of mine. It was a fool me once.... kind of deal.
February 3, 201016 yr Wall, and Bledsoe need to learn that they don't need to take it 1 on 4 every time they get the chance. Sometimes it is better to back it out and setting up the offense for a better shot. Bledsoe, while he played good, was out of control. Team still has a lot to work on but played okay. Defensively, they need to learn how to play for longer than 2 minute spurts.
February 3, 201016 yr Very entertaining game and the sweet part is we got the W. Does it get any better?
February 3, 201016 yr Did they lose? It sure seems that way on here. They were supposed to win by 11 and they won by 10. Why do people think that a team they're about 10 points better than is going to roll over and allow themselves to get beat by 30? Once they got up on Vandy they never let the game get back below the point spread Saturday. Just the other night Kansas had a decent lead on Kansas St. yet the game went to OT. There's a 3 point line and most teams have good players. Runs happen. Louisville was up 17 against Nova and lost. Every conference game or games where both teams have talent has runs. I understand worrying about things like being young and turning the ball over. I understand worrying about Patterson not getting enough looks if the game is close. I understand worrying about production at the 3 spot against a great 3. I don't understand worrying about teams making a few runs.
February 3, 201016 yr Wall, and Bledsoe need to learn that they don't need to take it 1 on 4 every time they get the chance. Sometimes it is better to back it out and setting up the offense for a better shot. Bledsoe, while he played good, was out of control. Team still has a lot to work on but played okay. Defensively, they need to learn how to play for longer than 2 minute spurts. Wall and Bledsoe do pull it out at times. They are also Freshman who need to learn, but they have a month and a half to do it. They are going to make mistakes. W/ all of the bad decisions you think they made the team managed to score 85 points. My guess is they won't lose too many if they go for 85.
February 3, 201016 yr Well said SSC. To many UK fans across the commonweath and on this board think that they are going to blow out every single team and it gets frustrating reading all the negative talk on here. No wonder Patterson, Cousins, and Wall posted what they did on their facebook accounts after the South Carolina loss. Look how we talk about them when we win.
February 3, 201016 yr I was pleased with the performance. Had Cousins' steal on the inbound & reverse layup counted, this game would have been a blow out. Dodson can take this team to the next level. When the game was getting close, we finally went to PPat. He hit a 3 and then we went down low to him. I was pleased with the performance over a solid Ole Miss team. I was a little disappointed in the environment, honestly. It was nuts in there for a while, then the crowd never really got back into it.
February 3, 201016 yr Good win for the Cats. The Cats definitely played in spurts, and even though Ole Miss cut the lead to 3 on a couple of occasions, I never really thought they had a chance to win the game. Another double double for Cousins, I thought Wall played well, and did a good job of running the offense. Dodson was lights out, Liggins gave them solid minutes again, and Patterson was his consistent self. On to Baton Rouge on Saturday. The Wildcats owe them a little payback from last year.
February 3, 201016 yr I was pleased as well with the game. UK kind of played around with the Rebels but they put the game away when they needed to.
February 3, 201016 yr I broke a Cardinal sin tonight, I went to the UK game. Don't worry, I didn't cheer one way or another. But as a basketball fan, I had to take advantage of seeing a talent like Wall in person. I was very impressed with his speed. I was probably more impressed with Wall than I thought I would be. Kid has serious wheels.
February 3, 201016 yr It was enjoyable and fun to watch. Just enough suspense in there at times to keep in interesting, even though it never really felt like the win was in doubt. Bledsoe made an unbelievable shot on the lob pass that got deflected. Man, that was amazing how he adjusted to get the reverse flip in.
February 3, 201016 yr I was pleased with the performance. Had Cousins' steal on the inbound & reverse layup counted, this game would have been a blow out. Dodson can take this team to the next level. When the game was getting close, we finally went to PPat. He hit a 3 and then we went down low to him. I was pleased with the performance over a solid Ole Miss team. I was a little disappointed in the environment, honestly. It was nuts in there for a while, then the crowd never really got back into it. Updated thoughts on Bledsoe as a Lottery Pick??? :popcorn:
February 3, 201016 yr Dodson is the X factor for this team. I actually like the rotation of Dodson, Miller and Liggins at the "3", but I just wish Miller was a bit more confident and could put a litte more arch in his jumper. Cousins is a flat out machine and if it weren't for Wall he'd be the #1 pick in the NBA, he is much more than I ever expected and still has plenty of room to grow. I'm still a bit worried about this team, sure they can beat any team in the nation on any given night but they honestly haven't beaten any team that has a hope of clipping the nets in March. Worst case scenario is they enter the SEC tournament with four losses but I'm going to bet they will be 29-2 once they leave for Nashville.
February 3, 201016 yr It was enjoyable and fun to watch. Just enough suspense in there at times to keep in interesting, even though it never really felt like the win was in doubt. Bledsoe made an unbelievable shot on the lob pass that got deflected. Man, that was amazing how he adjusted to get the reverse flip in. I made a similar move one time to catch a shrimp in my mouth thrown at me at Hibachi's. :D
February 3, 201016 yr Updated thoughts on Bledsoe as a Lottery Pick??? :popcorn: I think he'll definitely be one. I'm just not telling you what year yet.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.