February 3, 201016 yr 21-1! I'm sure Cal see's it as a different record though! I can understand if Cal DOES see it that way. I think the Cats still lack the "Killer Instinct".
February 3, 201016 yr Good win by the Cats. This game was a game of runs, the good thing was every time Ole Miss made a run to get it down to three. We answered with a run to get it right back up to double digits. Very good win.
February 3, 201016 yr This team can't continue to allow teams to come back from large leads. Sometimes they get a bit to cute on offense and lazy on defense but I'll take a win over a solid team.
February 3, 201016 yr Random, stupid thoughts by me: 1. Is it just me or does Bledsoe NEED another year to learn how to play at the mach 10 o'meter he wants to play at? 2. Is it just me or does it seem that Cousins gets hammered twice as much as he gets a call for? (Of course his rep probably brings that on some as well) 3. It appeared that Wall played a pretty good game. He is getting pushed when going to the hoop everytime and he needs to be a little stronger on that move because if he thinks he won't get the call in the SEC, try the NBA. 4. Dodson is a key, key piece. If he can stay this way and make 3 Trifectas a game (or so) it will make this a much more dangerous team come tourney time. 5. If you had told me this team would be 20-1 at this point coming into November I would have taken it in a heart beat. I'm going to keep that attitude. It's fun just watching UK basketball again and to be absolutely honest, that's the first time "I" can say that since the Keith Bogans team and run to the Elite Eight. (FWIW, I know the next two seasons produced good teams but I felt drained watching them struggle with points sometimes.)
February 3, 201016 yr As a UK fan, I am so happy to see them win. However, I am starting to get concerned. They really have not improved that much over the last month. They still dont put teams away. Obviously, other than the SC loss, they have show a desire to win close games at the end. But, that will eventually catch up to them. Coach Cal is starting to show a little frustration with mistakes and pulling guys out of games left and right. Come on CATS, you have to be willing to learn a little to bet better. You wont win every game on talent alone.
February 3, 201016 yr Random, stupid thoughts by me: 1. Is it just me or does Bledsoe NEED another year to learn how to play at the mach 10 o'meter he wants to play at? 2. Is it just me or does it seem that Cousins gets hammered twice as much as he gets a call for? (Of course his rep probably brings that on some as well) 3. It appeared that Wall played a pretty good game. He is getting pushed when going to the hoop everytime and he needs to be a little stronger on that move because if he thinks he won't get the call in the SEC, try the NBA. 4. Dodson is a key, key piece. If he can stay this way and make 3 Trifectas a game (or so) it will make this a much more dangerous team come tourney time. 5. If you had told me this team would be 21-1 at this point coming into November I would have taken it in a heart beat. I'm going to keep that attitude. It's fun just watching UK basketball again and to be absolutely honest, that's the first time "I" can say that since the Keith Bogans team and run to the Elite Eight. (FWIW, I know the next two seasons produced good teams but I felt drained watching them struggle with points sometimes.) Fixed!:thumb:
February 3, 201016 yr This team can't continue to allow teams to come back from large leads. Sometimes they get a bit to cute on offense and lazy on defense but I'll take a win over a solid team. You nailed it.
February 3, 201016 yr First thought: Dodson starts, Liggins then Miller off the bench. Maybe it's a combination of me being a little dissapointed in Millers play this season and me being excited by the fact that Deandre is contributing this season but IMHO Liggins should see more floor time than Miller at this point. He's not putting up crazy numbers but Liggins just seems like a natural ball player this year. He looks comfortable with his role on this team. Second thought: This team MUST find a way to keep teams down. They have zero killer instinct and are very lucky that it hasn't come back to bite them in the tail on more than one occasion this season. Third thought: Cousins is a stud. I was in doubt earlier in the season but I love what he's been doing lately. Also a big congrats to him, it seems this is the first game in a while that he hasn't been involved in some type of drama.
February 3, 201016 yr Just like everyone else said, I'd love to see them have the killer instinct, but they can't play perfect every minute of every game. Why do we have to pick apart every single game? Calipari is obviously a little frustrated and knows what the teams needs to work on. They'll be just fine. Great well balanced scoring today, that's what we need. Sure is nice consistantly having more than just two players in double digit scoring.
February 3, 201016 yr First thought: Dodson starts, Liggins then Miller off the bench. Maybe it's a combination of me being a little dissapointed in Millers play this season and me being excited by the fact that Deandre is contributing this season but IMHO Liggins should see more floor time than Miller at this point. He's not putting up crazy numbers but Liggins just seems like a natural ball player this year. He looks comfortable with his role on this team. Second thought: This team MUST find a way to keep teams down. They have zero killer instinct and are very lucky that it hasn't come back to bite them in the tail on more than one occasion this season. Third thought: Cousins is a stud. I was in doubt earlier in the season but I love what he's been doing lately. Also a big congrats to him, it seems this is the first game in a while that he hasn't been involved in some type of drama. He is too soft and only plays when they are at home. Look at his Road stats and watch him play in heated environments. He is a nice player but IMO he was recruited only because they missed the boat on Chris Lofton and didnt want to do it again.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.