February 3, 201016 yr I made a similar move one time to catch a shrimp in my mouth thrown at me at Hibachi's. :D Came close to spitting pepsi on that one LRCW. Nicely done :lol:
February 3, 201016 yr I can understand if Cal DOES see it that way. I think the Cats still lack the "Killer Instinct". But it seems like it's on the defensive side, sure we'll have some wasted possessions here and there but really it seems like what kills this team is those 5-7 point spurts that they continue to let other teams go on.
February 3, 201016 yr Updated thoughts on Bledsoe as a Lottery Pick??? :popcorn: I'll jump in. Did Wall's stock slip when he had a couple off weeks? Bledsoe is a freak athlete who can handle the ball and shoot from deep. He's playing on a team where the starting PG is the #1 pick, the starting C is going top 5, and the starting PF is probably going in the 8-12 range. Patterson has had halves this year where he gets less than 4 shot attempts. Wall has seemingly struggled since Cousins became the focal point. Bledsoe sometimes doesn;t get to shoot either. If Bledsoe declares and stays in this year's draft I'd be way more surprised if he goes later than 20th than I would if he goes lottery. I think he'll stay and run the point and B. Kinght will play his spot, but I wouldn't be surprised if he declares and is the 2nd best PG prospect and leaves.
February 3, 201016 yr Random, stupid thoughts by me: 1. Is it just me or does Bledsoe NEED another year to learn how to play at the mach 10 o'meter he wants to play at? 2. Is it just me or does it seem that Cousins gets hammered twice as much as he gets a call for? (Of course his rep probably brings that on some as well) 3. It appeared that Wall played a pretty good game. He is getting pushed when going to the hoop everytime and he needs to be a little stronger on that move because if he thinks he won't get the call in the SEC, try the NBA. 4. Dodson is a key, key piece. If he can stay this way and make 3 Trifectas a game (or so) it will make this a much more dangerous team come tourney time. 5. If you had told me this team would be 20-1 at this point coming into November I would have taken it in a heart beat. I'm going to keep that attitude. It's fun just watching UK basketball again and to be absolutely honest, that's the first time "I" can say that since the Keith Bogans team and run to the Elite Eight. (FWIW, I know the next two seasons produced good teams but I felt drained watching them struggle with points sometimes.) Friends and I noticed this as well, as also came to a similar conclusion.
February 3, 201016 yr I thought there were positives and negatives. UK has problems against teams with quick guards because they get lazy on defense. But UK won this one because of their inside play, which Ole Miss did not have an answer for. A win is a win, especially after an emotional get over Vandy.
February 3, 201016 yr I broke a Cardinal sin tonight, I went to the UK game. Don't worry, I didn't cheer one way or another. But as a basketball fan, I had to take advantage of seeing a talent like Wall in person. I was very impressed with his speed. I was probably more impressed with Wall than I thought I would be. Kid has serious wheels. You really can't appreciate Walls speed until you see it in person, but I'm not gonna even ask how impressed you were with the overall show that UK puts on because it's like nothing else in college basketball.
February 3, 201016 yr It wasn't the flashiest win, but I will take it. I don't know if their penchant for keeping every team they play in the game will come back to bite them, if it does, I hope it happens sooner rather than later. This team still has some questions that need to be answered before tourney time, but I think this team will be ready by the time March rolls around. I've always held the belief that they are an Elite 8 team, and I think they still are, there are several things that need to happen for them to advance, but as many have said if you had told me at the beginning of the year that UK would be 21-1 at this point in the year, I'd be ecstatic. By the way, what a play by Eric Bledsoe to put the pass from Wall in! That was one of the better athletic moves I've seen this season.
February 3, 201016 yr This team can't continue to allow teams to come back from large leads. Sometimes they get a bit to cute on offense and lazy on defense but I'll take a win over a solid team. If they have a let down like that against Kansas or Syracuse,they will be looking a 10 point or better deficit. That said,I would love to see just what this team could do if they would put 40 minutes together instead of around 20 to 25.
February 3, 201016 yr Updated thoughts on Bledsoe as a Lottery Pick??? :popcorn: A mock draft I looked at yesterday had Wall #1, Patterson #7, Cousins #8 this year, and then had Bledsoe #5 and Orton #24 next year...:lol: Talk about times changing...
February 3, 201016 yr Random, stupid thoughts by me: 1. Is it just me or does Bledsoe NEED another year to learn how to play at the mach 10 o'meter he wants to play at? 2. Is it just me or does it seem that Cousins gets hammered twice as much as he gets a call for? (Of course his rep probably brings that on some as well) 3. It appeared that Wall played a pretty good game. He is getting pushed when going to the hoop everytime and he needs to be a little stronger on that move because if he thinks he won't get the call in the SEC, try the NBA. 4. Dodson is a key, key piece. If he can stay this way and make 3 Trifectas a game (or so) it will make this a much more dangerous team come tourney time. 5. If you had told me this team would be 20-1 at this point coming into November I would have taken it in a heart beat. I'm going to keep that attitude. It's fun just watching UK basketball again and to be absolutely honest, that's the first time "I" can say that since the Keith Bogans team and run to the Elite Eight. (FWIW, I know the next two seasons produced good teams but I felt drained watching them struggle with points sometimes.) Told a co-worker this today.
February 3, 201016 yr A mock draft I looked at yesterday had Wall #1, Patterson #7, Cousins #8 this year, and then had Bledsoe #5 and Orton #24 next year...:lol: Talk about times changing... But..but..but..but..KY fans are obnoxious. They run good coaches out of town with unrealistic expectations. They should be content just making the tournament. It sure feels good to have a coach that can recruit top talent! I've said all year this team lacks the ability to put teams away. I thought it was the youth but it is a point where that isn't an excuse. IMO when they get the big lead they need to really start pounding the ball to Cousins. He is a flat out mismatch almost every game. If teams are going to double then put Patterson on the opposite block with Wall on top. Shot selection with the big lead is key I think. Hammering the ball inside is the way I would go.
February 3, 201016 yr This is a team that relies on frosh. This is also a team use to playing in AAU games... showcase their offensive skills get up by 20 and assume the other team is done. Anytime you have 5 NBA prospects on the roster your going to win a lot of games. We just have to hope they continue to learn what closing out games means, for the rest of this month going into March.
February 3, 201016 yr But..but..but..but..KY fans are obnoxious. They run good coaches out of town with unrealistic expectations. They should be content just making the tournament. It sure feels good to have a coach that can recruit top talent! I've said all year this team lacks the ability to put teams away. I thought it was the youth but it is a point where that isn't an excuse. IMO when they get the big lead they need to really start pounding the ball to Cousins. He is a flat out mismatch almost every game. If teams are going to double then put Patterson on the opposite block with Wall on top. Shot selection with the big lead is key I think. Hammering the ball inside is the way I would go. I think that's kind of what kills this team is that we'll get up 12-15 think they can't be stopped and fire of 2-3 jump shots usually 1-2 from behind the arc and then not get back on D on the misses and give the other team easy baskets. Coach Cal should be able to see and correct this.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.