Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 85 Ole Miss 75

Featured Replies

I think that's kind of what kills this team is that we'll get up 12-15 think they can't be stopped and fire of 2-3 jump shots usually 1-2 from behind the arc and then not get back on D on the misses and give the other team easy baskets. Coach Cal should be able to see and correct this.

 

Exactly right. It seems like 12-15 points is the threshold that is in their heads.

 

IMO, these guys aren't "greedy enough": I know that I want a 30 point lead before we put it in cruise-control. Take away all hope from your opponents.

 

We need to set our sights higher than 12-15 point leads.

 

Once that mindset/mission is changed (going for a 30-point lead), the tactics & mechanics will take care of themselves. These guys have the talent & athleticism to pull that off.

  • Replies 92
  • Views 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Edit.

It was nice to see Patterson play more like he is capable, wanting the ball and he worked really hard on defense moving his feet and cutting off the baseline several times. He is just too unselfish at times.

Dodson is the outside threat many thought this team would lack with Meeks leaving early. When he is in his groove, man alive can he fill it up.

Dodson is the outside threat many thought this team would lack with Meeks leaving early. When he is in his groove, man alive can he fill it up.

 

:thumb: I'm glad he's worked his way into the starting lineup. I like Miller, but he just wasn't producing.

Updated thoughts on Bledsoe as a Lottery Pick??? :popcorn:

 

SSC pretty much summed up my thoughts.

 

As I told you a month ago, Bledsoe has special physical tools which will ultimately put him in the NBA. He has a long way to go, but the NBA draft is based on potential.

 

If he goes, I think there's a good shot he'll be a top 20 pick. If he returns for another year or two, he'll project as a lottery pick (or better).

 

What I told you was that he should place his name in the draft, feel things out, and then return. I stand by that. I also think that he'll have a lot to gain by coming back, assuming Wall goes pro and Bledsoe becomes the go-to guard.

 

FWIW, Bledsoe had 8 points, 8 assists, and 7 turnovers last night. Both he & Wall were far too careless for the ball.

Kentucky does not play defense well enough to win the championship right now.

 

They are capable of it, but Wall & Bledsoe (especially) are too lazy on defense & rely too heavily on their athletic ability to make plays. It can be frustrating to watch.

Good win for the Cats. I think Bledsoe is not "smooth" enough with his ballhandling yet to be a lottery pick. We all know he is so out of control. Dodson and Liggins are key. They have improved so much and bring so much to this team. Orton looked a lot more confident on the Offensive end too. Harris seems to be out of the loop now and probably should be. UK will still need him off the bench with some Defense down the stretch. Still got to learn to finish though.

Edited by jvdfc
typo

Kentucky does not play defense well enough to win the championship right now.

 

They are capable of it, but Wall & Bledsoe (especially) are too lazy on defense & rely too heavily on their athletic ability to make plays. It can be frustrating to watch.

Bingo.

 

The whole team lacks a focus as evident by them not always running back to the other end of the court. They are getting by purely on being more gifted than the other teams. It is almost like watching an NBA game. The skill set of our guys is just superior, but a lack of mental and physical intensity is shown. Maybe once the February grind is over, and the lights are on, they will turn it on. Who knows? You generally are who you are, and me hoping for them to flip the switch may just be wishful thinking.

They are capable of it, but Wall & Bledsoe (especially) are too lazy on defense & rely too heavily on their athletic ability to make plays. It can be frustrating to watch.

 

It's almost like they let their players go by them so that they can pin them on the backboard lol.

UK played well. I was proud our guys never laid down! We took a lot of shots in the chin from UK and didn't quit after every shot.

Did anyone else notice the number of charges last night? I believe it was at least 5+, which tells me a couple things...

 

1) Our big men are doing a good job and moving their feet, as well as picking the appropriate time to go for a charge vs. attempt a block.

 

2) Our guards are letting a little to much penetration. I'm sure they really like having Cousins, Orton, Patterson, and heck even Stevenson back there. I mean we are the tallest team in the NCAA.

Did anyone else notice the number of charges last night? I believe it was at least 5+, which tells me a couple things...

 

1) Our big men are doing a good job and moving their feet, as well as picking the appropriate time to go for a charge vs. attempt a block.

 

2) Our guards are letting a little to much penetration. I'm sure they really like having Cousins, Orton, Patterson, and heck even Stevenson back there. I mean we are the tallest team in the NCAA.

 

I believe there were 5, 2 I thought were bogus. Another 1 should have been that wasn't. The refs weren't great last night, but the bad calls went both ways. The SEC needs to spend some of that TV money on officials.

I believe there were 5, 2 I thought were bogus. Another 1 should have been that wasn't. The refs weren't great last night, but the bad calls went both ways. The SEC needs to spend some of that TV money on officials.

 

There were 6.

 

I agree that the officiating was relatively poor, but fair.

Did anyone else notice the number of charges last night? I believe it was at least 5+, which tells me a couple things...

 

1) Our big men are doing a good job and moving their feet, as well as picking the appropriate time to go for a charge vs. attempt a block.

 

2) Our guards are letting a little to much penetration. I'm sure they really like having Cousins, Orton, Patterson, and heck even Stevenson back there. I mean we are the tallest team in the NCAA.

 

UK took 6 charges. :thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.