Greenup County football facilities

Coupon21

Ideally, I would love to see Greenup open up its' 2010 season with new facilites. Realistically, if the construction money is not in place then there are still alot of bureaucratic hoops to be jumped through before construction can start. I know final plans were shown to the Board but the State has to also approve.

I thought the money for the new bleachers was already in place and a bid accepted. The Board should be able to tell us when this work is scheduled. The last I heard the School was taking over field maintenance and were going to replace the entire sprinkler system and reseed the field.

There is a School Board meeting next Monday at 6 p.m. at the High School. Please make some calls or come to the meeting in support of Greenup Football.

Should be an interesting meeting after all the school drama this week. Might not even get to talk football now.

People are looking for drama in the school system. Bad profession to be in unless you want to walk the straight and narrow path. Good luck on the facilities. What does it include?

People are looking for drama in the school system. Bad profession to be in unless you want to walk the straight and narrow path. Good luck on the facilities. What does it include?
New Bermuda grass, new fieldhouse, and new bleachers.

Last night the Board approved a bid from Sports Turf. LLC for approx. 33 thousand dollars to replace the entire irrigation system and reseed the field with Bermuda grass. This work is scheduled to start sometime in March. The new bleachers, field house, etc. is still in the works. The board will send this out to be rebid in March and hope to start construction sometime in June. The new bonding ability will not be available until after July 1. I was told that they do not have to start the process completely over with the state, just resubmit the final bid. I will keep everyone posted.