Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Some interesting comments from Coach Cal

Featured Replies

Here are some comments from Coach Cal after today's game. He had high praise for Liggins, and I'm sure everybody knows who he's talking about in the other comments.

 

 

 

On DeAndre Liggins...

"Who fought? You tell me who went in and fought? DeAndre Liggins. It is not brain surgery. We all saw how he can play. Now the question is, do I start him? Should he be a starter? The tentativeness, the softness, the `I got screened I'm sorry', it is too late now. We are in the middle of the season and you have to ball. You have to go out there and fight and compete and if you are not, I am going to play somebody else. I have not changed since I got in the seat. We got some guys fighting it a little bit, `I would try ig you give me the ball more.' It isn't about that. It is about battling. DeAndre was probably the difference in the game. If I had to play pother people we probably wouldn't have enough to win. One guy was breaking down and they were coming up with balls. He tied up a ball for a jump ball and made that layup when we were dying. He did some really good things, I was proud of him too, really proud of him."

On some players being timid and not confident...

"Confidence is demonstrated performance. It is not me saying you are the best or me playing you more minutes. It is demonstrated performance. You get in there and perform and build your confidence. Are you seeing what is happening with DeMarcus? He is growing more and more confidence. Why? Because he is performing. DeAndre, he is building more confidence because he is performing. We have to get that from everybody. For us to be one those teams, our bench is going to have to be deep. It wasn't this game. Hopefully, the next game it will be fine.

 

http://www.ukathletics.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/010910aad.html

  • Replies 36
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who is he talking about? Bledsoe? I didn't watch the game.

  • Author
Who is he talking about? Bledsoe? I didn't watch the game.

 

 

Darius Miller

Oh, thanks. I hope Darius takes heed to the message. I am not a UK fan, but I root for homegrown kids regardless of their uniform. Unless they go to UNC.......

Miller has been M.I.A. the last few games. Hopefully he is able to turn it around.

Darius Miller

 

I unfortunately didn't get to watch the game today, but that is who I would have guess from reading his comments.

I hope Darius didn't say "I would try if you gave me the ball more." There are way more talented guys on the floor than him most of the time and he still gets his fair share of touches.

I didn't get that from Miller this last game. He seemed to have more confidence and played a little more aggressive. I know Cal has been tough on Miller but if I thought he was talking about anyone from yesterday's game it would have been Bledsoe.

Coach Cal........the masterful motivator!

 

His Kitty Cats are 16-0, but complacency is not tolerated.

 

Do all of you realize how lucky we are to have John Calipari coaching in Lexington?

 

I am enjoying the ride!

The loss of playing time for Darius could prove to be a huge motivator. I was thinking before the game yesterday he is just playing too timid. I get the impression that he lacks confidence when he is on the floor and seems confused as to what to do at times. I was really impressed with Liggins yesterday, he played hard and his drive to the goal to score the basket in the second half was huge.

Whoever takes over the 3 postion better work on their three point jumpshot. UK is going to need long range production from that spot because they are going to see ALOT of zone moving forward.

Whoever takes over the 3 postion better work on their three point jumpshot. UK is going to need long range production from that spot because they are going to see ALOT of zone moving forward.

Amen brother! That is a huge weakness in their game, unless they're playing Hartfort or Drexel.

 

As for Miller, I never know he's in the game when he is in the game. His game is invisible. Dotson has been up and down, a streaky shooter for someone who was announced when he signed as someone who was dependable as a long range threat. I believe at this point in time that they would get more milage out of Liggins' game.

Darius is soft with 2 t's. Thats how soft he is. No way I keep starting him if he is going to play keep playing like a girl.

I really like Darius Miller but he is the weak link in the starting lineup. I think Liggins would be better in that role with Dodson off the bench. Harris and Miller are similar IMO, but Harris plays harder. If Darius wasn't a KY guy, I don't know how much he would play. I think he can be a very good player but I just don't get the impression that he wants it bad enough. May just be a lack of confidence, but from years of watching him I just don't think he is aggressive enough.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.