Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

10 most favored players of all time?

Featured Replies

How come Feldhaus didn't make the list?

 

I could have added Ronnie Lyons as well; I just didn't watch very many games that Feldhaus and Lyons played. Much different with Lofton and Miller, as they attended high school when my daughter was in school as well. I really didn't start watching high-school basketball (and by extension, college games with her classmates playing) at all until my children were in school (more of a football guy).

  • Replies 43
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
UK Players in no particular order

 

Jamal Mashburn

Kenny Walker

Rex Chapman

Jack Givens

Kyle Macy

John Wall

Chuck Hayes

Larry Stamper

DeMarcus Cousins

Patrick Patterson

Larry Conley

(The Unforgetables)

 

 

Non UK Players in no particular order

 

Larry Bird

Bobby Lynch

Jeff Tipton

Steve Skaggs

Charles Barkley

Dominique Wilkins

Kevin Durant

Jeff Hall

John Taft

Skip Henderson

 

For some reason I really liked Jeff Hall too.

I was a very big fan of Gerry McNamara. I liked watching Wally Sczerbiak help make the run for Miami as well.

 

I enjoyed watching Justin Doellman for Xavier since I had the opportunity to play against him in high school.

 

Rob Hite for Miami

 

And of course many UK players, all who have probably been named by now.

I believe the question is your most favorite college players.

I noticed that long after I had made my list. It's in the college forum, I don't know what I was thinking.

 

 

Here 's my college list:

 

UK Players:

 

Dan Issel

Jamal Mashburn

John Wall

Rex Chapman

Jack Givens

Patrick Patterson

Jack Givens

Larry Stamper

Louie Dampier

Kenny Walker

 

 

Non-UK players:

 

Larry Bird-Indiana State

Magic Johnson-Michigan State

David Thompson-North Carolina State

Darrell Griffith-Louisville

Pete Maravich-LSU

David Robinson-Navy

Charles Barkley-Auburn

Elvin Hayes-Houston

Clyde Drexler-Houston

Wes Unseld-Louisville

I was a very big fan of Gerry McNamara. I liked watching Wally Sczerbiak help make the run for Miami as well.

 

I enjoyed watching Justin Doellman for Xavier since I had the opportunity to play against him in high school.

 

Rob Hite for Miami

 

And of course many UK players, all who have probably been named by now.

 

Wally cracked me up with his smack talk leading up to UK giving them a beatdown. I don't think he makes Padgett's all time team.

 

I liked watching GMAC play.

I noticed that long after I had made my list. It's in the college forum, I don't know what I was thinking.

 

 

Here 's my college list:

 

UK Players:

 

Dan Issel

Jamal Mashburn

John Wall

Rex Chapman

Jack Givens

Patrick Patterson

Jack Givens

Larry Stamper

Louie Dampier

Kenny Walker

 

 

Non-UK players:

 

Larry Bird-Indiana State

Magic Johnson-Michigan State

David Thompson-North Carolina State

Darrell Griffith-Louisville

Pete Maravich-LSU

David Robinson-Navy

Charles Barkley-Auburn

Elvin Hayes-Houston

Clyde Drexler-Houston

Wes Unseld-Louisville

 

 

No love for Jack Givens? :lol:

My 10 non-UK favorites are probably...

 

JJ Redick

Raymond Felton

Dwayne Wade

Kevin Durant

Scotty Thurman

Corlos Williamson

Grant Hill

Brandon Roy

James Harden

Cherokee Parks

No love for Jack Givens? :lol:

Didn't notice that.:D

 

Now I can add Pat Riley.

My 10 non-UK favorites are probably...

 

JJ Redick

Raymond Felton

Dwayne Wade

Kevin Durant

Scotty Thurman

Corlos Williamson

Grant Hill

Brandon Roy

James Harden

Cherokee Parks

 

:laugh:

Jay Williams

Christian Laettner

JJ Redick

Bobby Hurley

Mike Dunleavy Jr.

Larry Johnson

Todd Day

John Wall

Chris Webber

Roderick Rhodes

My 10 non-UK players...

 

Pete Maravich

Bill Walton

Anderson Hunt

Bo Kimble

Hank Gathers

Fly Williams

Mookie Blaylock

Scott Skiles

Bernard King

Len Bias

I'll add this chick to the list.....Brittney Griner of Baylor. 6'8" freshman with an 86 inch wing span. This is just sick considering that she does things women haven't done before. Candace Parker can dunk, but this lady takes it to another level IMO.

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.