Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fan video of the rugby scrum...

Featured Replies

I know this is going to be a shock but sometimes officials don't make the right calls. :ohbrother::ohbrother: As I stated this was not just about Cousins. I think there were several potential ejections. Swop was not one of them.

 

 

By the way I will look up rule # BR5469 in my NCAA Basketball Officials Rule Book and get back to you. :p

 

Tell me what warranted an ejection??? There was NO elbow. It was a shove, after a KNEE TO THE FACE. Talk about blinders...my goodness.

  • Replies 101
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not necessarily. UK fans being "passionate" and all, this would fall under a "crime of passion," much like when a wife shoots her cheating husband.

You're reaching Jim. We know you hate UK and think we are all crazy. Im fine with that. But calling us murderers because UK loses a ball game, AKA cheats on its wife, is just silly.

You're reaching Jim. We know you hate UK and think we are all crazy. Im fine with that. But calling us murderers because UK loses a ball game, AKA cheats on its wife, is just silly.

 

 

As crazy as saying all UL fans support abortion.....

As crazy as saying all UL fans support abortion.....

 

Sorry, I dont follow what you are saying with this?? Where have I said this?? Where has anyone said this??

As crazy as saying all UL fans support abortion.....

 

Pretty good comparison. Both are idiotic opinions.

As crazy as saying all UL fans support abortion.....

 

Well not all, but several did continue to support the ongoing abortion of an "elite" football program. Thankfully for the young men that are a part of the program, Jurich turned out to be pro-life.

The NCAA head of officials says they got it right...

 

John Adams, the NCAA's chair of officiating, said the officials correctly handled the skirmish in the first minute of Saturday's Kentucky-Louisville game. Technical fouls were assessed to Kentucky's DeMarcus Cousins and Louisville's Jared Swopshire and Reginald Delk. At issue was whether Cousins threw a purposeful elbow at Swopshire's head and should have been ejected. UK claims Cousins can be seen taking a knee to the head prior to the elbow.

 

"[The officials] reviewed the play and assessed an intentional personal foul to Cousins," Adams said. "It was offset by an intentional personal four on a Louisville player and they had a taunting T on another Louisville player. That taunting T resulted in the two free throws that Cousins shot as he was designated by Kentucky to shoot free throws."

 

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4798415&name=katz_andy

Incorrect. I in no way, shape or form said that. All I said was that I acknowledge that every fan base has its crazies. You guys just have more of them than UofL — something that if you denied, you would be extremely dishonest, considering the overall UofL fan base is minuscule compared to UK's.

 

I agree with you in terms of numbers because of the reasons you cited.

 

However percentage wise, I'd say they are pretty close to the same in percentages. (As are most all fan bases of big tradition programs) :thumb:

I agree with you in terms of numbers because of the reasons you cited.

 

However percentage wise, I'd say they are pretty close to the same in percentages. (As are most all fan bases of big tradition programs) :thumb:

 

How is that relevant? We're talking about UofL....

As I said, I call it like I see it. Not being a Kentucky fan, I notice a lot more things that UK fans do that you guys tend to overlook (or dismiss as no big deal, or excuse it by saying that everybody else's fan base does it).

 

I've walked out of bars laughing my oversized fanny off because of "passionate" UK fans who wanted to fight me because I dared say something that didn't jive with their narrow world view about UK. I've watched otherwise reasonable people destroy their furniture, TV sets, etc., following regular-season UK losses — let alone in the NCAA region championship.

 

Heck, in an active thread here, the talk of most despised college player is dominated by Laettner Loathing. It would be fair to say that 99 percent of UK fans were, at the bare minimum, fuming mad after the loss in '92. The "passionate" UK fan base — widely hailed as the most passionate in all of sports — still fumes about it almost two decades later.

 

There are about 4 million people living in this state. Let's assume that 1 million of them are either fans of teams other than UK, or just don't care about sports. That leaves about 3 million UK fans. In every statistical sample there are outliers. We joke that 18 percent of the UK fan base is looney; looking at it conservatively I think we could fairly say that 1 percent of those 3 million are the looniest of the looney. That leaves us with 30,000 "1-percenters" who are the looniest of the looney, the most passionate of the passionate. If those same "1-percenters" have it within themselves to keep a steady stream of racist hate mail going to the UK basketball office threatening Tubby Smith's life, I don't see why it's so difficult to accept that they would want Christian Laettner dead for his sins against UK.

 

Jim that's just silly and you know it. I'm sure there are a few nuts that wouldn't mind if Laettner were no longer around but there is no way that tens of thousands of UK fans wish him dead. Your numbers are simply ridiculous. Out of 4 million people in kentucky I'd say at least half fall in the non-UK fan/don't care about sports/casual supporters--most likely more than that. Out of the remaining fans what percentage was under 10 years old when Laettner his shot and don't really remember it? You need to crank those numbers way down. I'm sure you could say that there is a high percentage that hate/hated Laettner and wanted to see him fail but I've never heard a single person say that they would like to kill him or that he was dead. Not shedding a tear over his demise is not the same as wishing him dead or thinking about doing it yourself. Your generalizations are frankly offensive.

Tell me what warranted an ejection??? There was NO elbow. It was a shove, after a KNEE TO THE FACE. Talk about blinders...my goodness.

 

The flagrant/blatant FOREARM he threw on Swop. No, there was no elbow that's below the forearm (Let me know if you need a picture). Once again as I stated MANY times in my other posts....there were several people wrong in this game from BOTH teams. No blinders...telling it like it is. Maybe you should try it at some point!

 

 

 

Now go one back to your blue house!!

The flagrant/blatant FOREARM he threw on Swop. No, there was no elbow that's below the forearm (Let me know if you need a picture). Once again as I stated MANY times in my other posts....there were several people wrong in this game from BOTH teams. No blinders...telling it like it is. Maybe you should try it at some point!

 

 

 

Now go one back to your blue house!!

 

:lol::lol::lol:

You're reaching Jim. We know you hate UK and think we are all crazy. Im fine with that. But calling us murderers because UK loses a ball game, AKA cheats on its wife, is just silly.

 

I don't hate UK, but you can believe what you want.

 

And nowhere did I say that I was "calling us murderers." You're taking that next step. All I said was I find it easy to believe — in light of incidents such as the stream of death threats and other hate mail that Tubby got while he was coaching in Lex — that 1 percent of the UK fan base is crazy enough to wish him dead because of 1992.

Jim that's just silly and you know it. I'm sure there are a few nuts that wouldn't mind if Laettner were no longer around but there is no way that tens of thousands of UK fans wish him dead. Your numbers are simply ridiculous. Out of 4 million people in kentucky I'd say at least half fall in the non-UK fan/don't care about sports/casual supporters--most likely more than that. Out of the remaining fans what percentage was under 10 years old when Laettner his shot and don't really remember it? You need to crank those numbers way down. I'm sure you could say that there is a high percentage that hate/hated Laettner and wanted to see him fail but I've never heard a single person say that they would like to kill him or that he was dead. Not shedding a tear over his demise is not the same as wishing him dead or thinking about doing it yourself. Your generalizations are frankly offensive.

 

As I noted earlier in the thread, since I'm not a Wildcat fan I am more attuned to the crazy stuff that I hear from UK fans — and I hear a lot of it. You just don't want to believe it because you find those folks embarrassing, but choose to ignore them rather than address the problem.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.