January 5, 201016 yr As you guys love to point out, every fan base has its nutjobs, so I'm sure there are few UofL fans who years later still whine over something that happened in an inconsequential game. But not tens of thousands, which is perhaps a conservative estimate of the number of UK fans who would like to see Christian Laettner dead for his sins against the Commonwealth. Come on now Jim. Wish him dead? You're going way overboard now.
January 5, 201016 yr Come on now Jim. Wish him dead? You're going way overboard now. :sssh: He wouldn't do that would he?
January 5, 201016 yr If you say so. :idunno: You just think it's "ridiculous" because it doesn't jive with your narrow world view. No, I just love how you say any crazy Kentucky fan clearly represents the entire fanbase, but crazy UofL (or any other team) fans are just lone nut jobs. Based on the other responses here, I'm not the only one who loves your posts.
January 5, 201016 yr No, I just love how you say any crazy Kentucky fan clearly represents the entire fanbase, but crazy UofL (or any other team) fans are just lone nut jobs. Based on the other responses here, I'm not the only one who loves your posts. Incorrect. I in no way, shape or form said that. All I said was that I acknowledge that every fan base has its crazies. You guys just have more of them than UofL — something that if you denied, you would be extremely dishonest, considering the overall UofL fan base is minuscule compared to UK's.
January 5, 201016 yr Come on now Jim. Wish him dead? You're going way overboard now. :sssh: He wouldn't do that would he? I call it like I see it. If you guys think there aren't those among your numbers who would go to this extreme, you're living in a cocoon. We are talking about a fan base here that had enough bright bulbs in their midst who thought it was a good idea to fill up the UK basketball office with death threat letters for Tubby just because he dared to be black and coach UK.
January 5, 201016 yr I call it like I see it. If you guys think there aren't those among your numbers who would go to this extreme, you're living in a cocoon. We are talking about a fan base here that had enough bright bulbs in their midst who thought it was a good idea to fill up the UK basketball office with death threat letters for Tubby just because he dared to be black and coach UK. Jim, there might be a handful of idiots out there that would want him dead, but to say tens of thousands fall under that category is an extreme exaggeration.
January 5, 201016 yr I think it is so funny how some of you try to justify someone doing something wrong. :lol::lol: I am a UL fan but I don't believe that Swop intentionally hit him. I think because they were wrestling for the ball and that is it. You can say I wear rose colored glasses but your wrong. Unlike most of you I have no problem admitting when a player does wrong (no matter what team they play for). Do I think what Cousins did should have been an ejection...YEP! The same could be said for a UL player (not Swop). Again I could give a crap who plays for who. For the record I am glad they didn't eject Cousins. God knows what kind of crying, whining, blah, blah we would be hearing if UL would have won and he was out of the game!!!! :rolleyes:
January 5, 201016 yr I think it is so funny how some of you try to justify someone doing something wrong. :lol::lol: I am a UL fan but I don't believe that Swop intentionally hit him. I think because they were wrestling for the ball and that is it. You can say I wear rose colored glasses but your wrong. Unlike most of you I have no problem admitting when a player does wrong (no matter what team they play for). Do I think what Cousins did should have been an ejection...YEP! The same could be said for a UL player (not Swop). Again I could give a crap who plays for who. For the record I am glad they didn't eject Cousins. God knows what kind of crying, whining, blah, blah we would be hearing if UL would have won and he was out of the game!!!! :rolleyes: Do you know what the rules state as far as what justifies an ejection? What Cousins did was wrong. I don't think there is any denying that, BUT if the 3 officials looked at the video and determined his actions didn't justify an ejection, then why are people still crying he should have been ejected?
January 5, 201016 yr Do you know what the rules state as far as what justifies an ejection? What Cousins did was wrong. I don't think there is any denying that, BUT if the 3 officials looked at the video and determined his actions didn't justify an ejection, then why are people still crying he should have been ejected? :idunno: .......:popcorn:
January 5, 201016 yr Jim, there might be a handful of idiots out there that would want him dead, but to say tens of thousands fall under that category is an extreme exaggeration. As I said, I call it like I see it. Not being a Kentucky fan, I notice a lot more things that UK fans do that you guys tend to overlook (or dismiss as no big deal, or excuse it by saying that everybody else's fan base does it). I've walked out of bars laughing my oversized fanny off because of "passionate" UK fans who wanted to fight me because I dared say something that didn't jive with their narrow world view about UK. I've watched otherwise reasonable people destroy their furniture, TV sets, etc., following regular-season UK losses — let alone in the NCAA region championship. Heck, in an active thread here, the talk of most despised college player is dominated by Laettner Loathing. It would be fair to say that 99 percent of UK fans were, at the bare minimum, fuming mad after the loss in '92. The "passionate" UK fan base — widely hailed as the most passionate in all of sports — still fumes about it almost two decades later. There are about 4 million people living in this state. Let's assume that 1 million of them are either fans of teams other than UK, or just don't care about sports. That leaves about 3 million UK fans. In every statistical sample there are outliers. We joke that 18 percent of the UK fan base is looney; looking at it conservatively I think we could fairly say that 1 percent of those 3 million are the looniest of the looney. That leaves us with 30,000 "1-percenters" who are the looniest of the looney, the most passionate of the passionate. If those same "1-percenters" have it within themselves to keep a steady stream of racist hate mail going to the UK basketball office threatening Tubby Smith's life, I don't see why it's so difficult to accept that they would want Christian Laettner dead for his sins against UK.
January 5, 201016 yr Do you know what the rules state as far as what justifies an ejection? What Cousins did was wrong. I don't think there is any denying that, BUT if the 3 officials looked at the video and determined his actions didn't justify an ejection, then why are people still crying he should have been ejected? I know this is going to be a shock but sometimes officials don't make the right calls. :ohbrother::ohbrother: As I stated this was not just about Cousins. I think there were several potential ejections. Swop was not one of them. By the way I will look up rule # BR5469 in my NCAA Basketball Officials Rule Book and get back to you.
January 5, 201016 yr As I said, I call it like I see it. Not being a Kentucky fan, I notice a lot more things that UK fans do that you guys tend to overlook (or dismiss as no big deal, or excuse it by saying that everybody else's fan base does it). I've walked out of bars laughing my oversized fanny off because of "passionate" UK fans who wanted to fight me because I dared say something that didn't jive with their narrow world view about UK. I've watched otherwise reasonable people destroy their furniture, TV sets, etc., following regular-season UK losses — let alone in the NCAA region championship. Heck, in an active thread here, the talk of most despised college player is dominated by Laettner Loathing. It would be fair to say that 99 percent of UK fans were, at the bare minimum, fuming mad after the loss in '92. The "passionate" UK fan base — widely hailed as the most passionate in all of sports — still fumes about it almost two decades later. There are about 4 million people living in this state. Let's assume that 1 million of them are either fans of teams other than UK, or just don't care about sports. That leaves about 3 million UK fans. In every statistical sample there are outliers. We joke that 18 percent of the UK fan base is looney; looking at it conservatively I think we could fairly say that 1 percent of those 3 million are the looniest of the looney. That leaves us with 30,000 "1-percenters" who are the looniest of the looney, the most passionate of the passionate. If those same "1-percenters" have it within themselves to keep a steady stream of racist hate mail going to the UK basketball office threatening Tubby Smith's life, I don't see why it's so difficult to accept that they would want Christian Laettner dead for his sins against UK. Which polititian talked about fuzzy math? There aren't 30,000 murders a year in KY are there? This would mean that 30,000 people have a murderer's mentality. I am as big a UK fan as there is, and as mad as I may get, wanting someone dead? Comeon Man...
January 5, 201016 yr Which polititian talked about fuzzy math? There aren't 30,000 murders a year in KY are there? This would mean that 30,000 people have a murderer's mentality. I am as big a UK fan as there is, and as mad as I may get, wanting someone dead? Comeon Man... Not necessarily. UK fans being "passionate" and all, this would fall under a "crime of passion," much like when a wife shoots her cheating husband.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.