Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fan video of the rugby scrum...

Featured Replies

  • Replies 101
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like I said in another thread I don't have a problem with the play or the out come.

 

I agree. I think they did the right and made the right calls.:thumb:

Pretty much confirms how it was called, right?

If I got a knee in the face, I might have thrown multiple elbows. Some Louisville fans are comparing Cousins to Christian Laetner, which is just plain stupid.

I like the way UK fans think the knee was on purpose. But think the elbow was shoft?

 

Like I said in another thread I don't have a problem with the play or the out come.

 

They were both on purpose and the outcome was justified. Had both players been tossed, I would not be able to argue that either.

I can't believe anyone is making a big deal about this, on either side.

 

You're kidding, right? I mean, you have noticed that many people on this board still wring their hands over the fact that a certain opposing player wasn't kicked out of a game for a similar incident 17 years ago, haven't you?

You're kidding, right? I mean, you have noticed that many people on this board still wring their hands over the fact that a certain opposing player wasn't kicked out of a game for a similar incident 17 years ago, haven't you?

 

:lol: You mean the incident Pitino brought up in the post game?

I do not think the knee was intentional and I don't think the forearm was as bad as some are making it out to be. The forearm was a reaction to the knee and all parties involved got what they deserved.

I do not think the knee was intentional and I don't think the forearm was as bad as some are making it out to be. The forearm was a reaction to the knee and all parties involved got what they deserved.

 

OR, I agree completely. The knee was not intentional and the forearm was instinctive retalitation. Tempers were flaring both ways, every was edgy. That's what's it's all about. RIVALRY. UofL is a very physical team, UK proved they are too.

 

End of story. Who really cares. Move on people...

Cousins forearm was a lot harder than Laettner's stomp of Timberlake and neither were thrown out and both were accessed technical fouls. Laettner's was unwarranted while Cousins had a reason. The refs made the right call in both cases. Plus, Richie Farmer only made 1 of the 2 technical free throws that he shot for the Laettner stomp.

The knee was intentional. When looking at the whole play, there is no reason for his knee to be that high up when battling for the ball.

OR, I agree completely. The knee was not intentional and the forearm was instinctive retalitation. Tempers were flaring both ways, every was edgy. That's what's it's all about. RIVALRY. UofL is a very physical team, UK proved they are too.

 

End of story. Who really cares. Move on people...

 

:D You can't move on when this whole thread is about that incident.:D

The knee was intentional. When looking at the whole play, there is no reason for his knee to be that high up when battling for the ball.

 

I disagree, it was just an awkward position. Especially knowing how soft Swop is, he just ain't like that. It was glancing, not a forearm shoved into the throat-- on purpose.

You're kidding, right? I mean, you have noticed that many people on this board still wring their hands over the fact that a certain opposing player wasn't kicked out of a game for a similar incident 17 years ago, haven't you?
Yeah, but Duke is a team that people love to hate (hence the Laettner thing) and so is UK. The hatred from UK fans of Louisville, in my opinion, is because Pitino went there. Something I've never understood. I respect and like both UK and Louisville, although when they play I root for UK, so I just don't get caught up in all the nonsense. I like both programs.
I disagree, it was just an awkward position. Especially knowing how soft Swop is, he just ain't like that. It was glancing, not a forearm shoved into the throat-- on purpose.

 

True to some extent. I think we all know how easy it is to get away with a sneak/dirty play and make it look like it was an athletic play. Kind of like having a no layup rule. You can make it look like you were going for the block while not allowing the player to get the layup off. If the player gets hurt, "well, I was going for the ball". Same type of situation, IMO. Cousins' head was at Swop's chest. Swop's knee isn't going to help him in that situation. Unless he was using that knee for "leverage".

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.