Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fan video of the rugby scrum...

Featured Replies

True to some extent. I think we all know how easy it is to get away with a sneak/dirty play and make it look like it was an athletic play. Kind of like having a no layup rule. You can make it look like you were going for the block while not allowing the player to get the layup off. If the player gets hurt, "well, I was going for the ball". Same type of situation, IMO. Cousins' head was at Swop's chest. Swop's knee isn't going to help him in that situation. Unless he was using that knee for "leverage".

 

Very true, we'll never know the whole story. The thing is, even if Swop's knee wasn't on purpose, Couisins had no way in knowing that. That's why I said it was instinctive retaliation.

  • Replies 101
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very true, we'll never know the whole story. The thing is, even if Swop's knee wasn't on purpose, Couisins had no way in knowing that. That's why I said it was instinctive retaliation.

 

That is very true as well. If that knee wasn't on purpose, all Cousins knows is he had a knee in his face and he reacted. With a forearm to the head/throat area. I thought the refs did the right thing. Especially since they went back and looked at it all and accessed Cousins a technical as well. Good officiating and understanding of the emotions on the court.

You're kidding, right? I mean, you have noticed that many people on this board still wring their hands over the fact that a certain opposing player wasn't kicked out of a game for a similar incident 17 years ago, haven't you?

 

The "incidents" were not in the least bit similar.

 

Hustling/emotional loose ball scramble vs. No reason at all/stupidity

It's rather obvious to me after reading everything that went on behind the scenes before the game yesterday that Pitino orchestrated everything from the pre game jawing to the bumping of Cousins in the pre-game warm ups. A pretty smart move by Pitino, but let's not act like Louisville is the victim here.

You're kidding, right? I mean, you have noticed that many people on this board still wring their hands over the fact that a certain opposing player wasn't kicked out of a game for a similar incident 17 years ago, haven't you?

 

 

Not even close to similar IMO.

Lets not forget that the Louisville players did not come out when the starting lineups were announced. As LRCW said this was all a ploy, UofL certainly wasn't the victim.

Lets not forget that the Louisville players did not come out when the starting lineups were announced. As LRCW said this was all a ploy, UofL certainly wasn't the victim.

 

I'm trying to figure out what the "wrong" is in them not coming out when the lineups were announced. :confused: I have no idea why they didn't. But what about that would be upsetting to UK?

 

It's rather obvious to me after reading everything that went on behind the scenes before the game yesterday that Pitino orchestrated everything from the pre game jawing to the bumping of Cousins in the pre-game warm ups. A pretty smart move by Pitino, but let's not act like Louisville is the victim here.

 

I'm sure Pitino had some to do with the jawing, etc. But, I also think that a lot also had to do with what Sosa went through last year after that game. I think Pitino did some "motivating", but I think the players had plenty of "chip" on their shoulders as well. Not saying any of it was right, or Louisville was a victim. Just saying I don't think Pitino "orchestrated" anything. I think that those wheels were put in motion when people started texting Sosa, sending him awful facebook messages and the like. Sosa had plent of tales to tell his teammates.

I'm trying to figure out what the "wrong" is in them not coming out when the lineups were announced. :confused: I have no idea why they didn't. But what about that would be upsetting to UK?

 

 

 

I'm sure Pitino had some to do with the jawing, etc. But, I also think that a lot also had to do with what Sosa went through last year after that game. I think Pitino did some "motivating", but I think the players had plenty of "chip" on their shoulders as well. Not saying any of it was right, or Louisville was a victim. Just saying I don't think Pitino "orchestrated" anything. I think that those wheels were put in motion when people started texting Sosa, sending him awful facebook messages and the like. Sosa had plent of tales to tell his teammates.

 

 

 

Come on Rockmom. You can't honestly believe that Pitino had nothing to do with all of the stuff that happened before the game. Oh that's right, you still think he loves his wife. :lol::lol:

Come on Rockmom. You can't honestly believe that Pitino had nothing to do with all of the stuff that happened before the game. Oh that's right, you still think he loves his wife. :lol::lol:

 

Two issues to address here:

 

1) Did he say what he needed to motivate them? Yes. Did he probably say that they needed to jaw? I'm not sure he said that exactly. I think he would probably just prod a little on the things Sosa had been through, poke a little that the Cards were disrespected, that everyone thought none of them were good enough to be on the floor with the UK players, stuff like that. But it was icing on the cake, IMO, not a full orchestration of events.

 

2) I don't know why you bring up what I think about Pitino's feelings for his wife. I have no firsthand knowledge, but I do know that infidelity doesn't necessarily mean that you don't love the person who you're married to. And she's more than capable of leaving him, I would imagine. I suspect she stays with him because they really do love each other. I can't imagine why she would stay with him otherwise. She'd make out like a bandit and not lose a step if she divorced him.

Two issues to address here:

 

1) Did he say what he needed to motivate them? Yes. Did he probably say that they needed to jaw? I'm not sure he said that exactly. I think he would probably just prod a little on the things Sosa had been through, poke a little that the Cards were disrespected, that everyone thought none of them were good enough to be on the floor with the UK players, stuff like that. But it was icing on the cake, IMO, not a full orchestration of events.

 

2) I don't know why you bring up what I think about Pitino's feelings for his wife. I have no firsthand knowledge, but I do know that infidelity doesn't necessarily mean that you don't love the person who you're married to. And she's more than capable of leaving him, I would imagine. I suspect she stays with him because they really do love each other. I can't imagine why she would stay with him otherwise. She'd make out like a bandit and not lose a step if she divorced him.

 

 

I never said she didn't love him, and I don't see how anyone could hurt somebody they supposedly love by hurting them so bad. I only brought that up to poke fun at you for believing Pitino would be so innocent as to orchestrate such a plan.

I never said she didn't love him, and I don't see how anyone could hurt somebody they supposedly love by hurting them so bad. I only brought that up to poke fun at you for believing Pitino would be so innocent as to orchestrate such a plan.

 

 

I am not painting Pitino as innocent in anyway in motivating his players. I just think "orchestrate" is too big a term to describe what I feel was probably really comparitively minor. If you prefer he directed the whole thing, that's fine. I just don't think they needed too much direction in that direction. I think that they had enough to feed off of way before Pitino game them his "talk.

 

As to the first part, I don't know either, but OTOH, I don't know why she would stay. So, that leads me to believe that there's more to their relationship than an outsider can know. I do know couples who've been through similar situations and it somehow made their marriage stronger in the end. It's really not for me to delve into. That whole situation is between him and her. As a fan of the team, it's none of my business.

To me, none of this matters. UK won, UL lost...that's all that's important. If it wasn't Cousins' vicious elbow that almost knock someone unconscious (:rolleyes:) UL fans would be looking for something else to complain about. UK is 15-0 and it feels GGRREEAATT!!

Not even close to similar IMO.

 

Disagree, because they are still both situations the fans are expected to "just get over."

UK got the W, that's all that matters to this old man.

Disagree, because they are still both situations the fans are expected to "just get over."
And they should, but neither will.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.