Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fan video of the rugby scrum...

Featured Replies

And they should, but neither will.

 

Well, let's not kid ourselves. Louisville fans have shown they are much better at getting over slights of those kind. U.S. Reed doesn't have to worry about his life being taken if he shows his face in Louisville the way Christian Laettner does in Lexington and pretty much all of the rest of the Commonwealth.

  • Replies 101
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't believe anyone is making a big deal about this, on either side.

 

I agree, this is the first time I seen the play. I do not think the UL player actually meant to knee him either. But, the ref's wanted to make one thing clear from the start, that the game will not get out of control.

 

I am glad we finally have some muscle underneath, and glad we players who won't back down. But, usually those who retaliate are the ones who gets the worse of the deal, I would just hate to see it cost us a game. I just don't think it was a big deal on either side.

Come on Rockmom. You can't honestly believe that Pitino had nothing to do with all of the stuff that happened before the game. Oh that's right, you still think he loves his wife. :lol::lol:

 

:lol:

A couple of things from a neutral observer. I didn't get to watch the game so I have no idea what happened before or after. Watching this one minute clip I came up with this...

 

1) A malicious elbow to the face, it was not.

 

2) It's a forearm shiver to the side of the head from about 4 inches away.

 

3) Technical, yes. Ejection and suspension, absolutely not.

 

4) Comparing that play to Laettner's shows that some people can't see through blinders.

 

5) If that was the hardest hit of the game both of your teams are soft.

 

6) The fan's clapping as technicals were being given out are morons.

 

7) The college basketball forum on BGP has, once again, become unbearable. (This is not a knock on BGP, just the UK/UL/Duke/UNC....etc. fanaticals)

If Cousins wanted to throw an elbow, Swopshire would have been unconscious on the floor of Rupp. He was down with his head exposed and Cousins is a big dude. That forearm was no more than a "I got you down, you dirty, opposing team player" shove in a heated game. I personally thought the CBS halftime show was an example of overreaction probably based on the fact the game itself was so gosh darn boring at that point and they had nothing else to talk about. The incident looked much worse in the angle that CBS kept showing instead of the camera angle right in front of it, like this fan's video shows. When I saw it in real time, I noticed the forearm and the knee, but I wasn't alarmed. The refs totally got it right--how could they not after looking at it for 10 minutes?

 

You got it correct in my opinion. The knee was intentional, no other reason for it to be where it was at, Cousins intentionally pinned him with his forearm. If he would have hit him with the forearm as many stated, the UL player's head would have hit the floor very hard, which did not happen.

 

Not a smart move on Cousins part though as teams will continue to try and provoke him as UL clearly tried to do before and during the game. He was lucky that the officials made the correct call this time.

You think that was a thrown knee? WOW!!!!!! That was the slowest knee in history.

 

a>

 

Photobucket

^RP can't tell if it hits him in the head or not :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ohbrother:

^RP can't tell if it hits him in the head or not :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ohbrother:

Tough call. :ohbrother:

^RP can't tell if it hits him in the head or not :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ohbrother:

 

:lol: It's the color of his glasses I guess. :cool:

Well, let's not kid ourselves. Louisville fans have shown they are much better at getting over slights of those kind. U.S. Reed doesn't have to worry about his life being taken if he shows his face in Louisville the way Christian Laettner does in Lexington and pretty much all of the rest of the Commonwealth.

 

I'm pretty sure Cards fans are still complaining about Patrick Sparks' free throws.

I'm pretty sure Cards fans are still complaining about Patrick Sparks' free throws.

 

As you guys love to point out, every fan base has its nutjobs, so I'm sure there are few UofL fans who years later still whine over something that happened in an inconsequential game. But not tens of thousands, which is perhaps a conservative estimate of the number of UK fans who would like to see Christian Laettner dead for his sins against the Commonwealth.

As you guys love to point out, every fan base has its nutjobs, so I'm sure there are few UofL fans who years later still whine over something that happened in an inconsequential game. But not tens of thousands, which is perhaps a conservative estimate of the number of UK fans who would like to see Christian Laettner dead for his sins against the Commonwealth.

 

I love your responses when your arguments are proven to be ridiculous.

I love your responses when your arguments are proven to be ridiculous.

 

If you say so. :idunno:

 

You just think it's "ridiculous" because it doesn't jive with your narrow world view.

As you guys love to point out, every fan base has its nutjobs, so I'm sure there are few UofL fans who years later still whine over something that happened in an inconsequential game. But not tens of thousands, which is perhaps a conservative estimate of the number of UK fans who would like to see Christian Laettner dead for his sins against the Commonwealth.

 

I know that UK fans really dislike Laettner, but I have yet to hear even one wish him dead. I could not stand him long before he hit the shot against UK, although those feelings were about him as a basketball player, not as a person.

It was discussed on local radio this morning that the referees did not view the CBS replay of the incident, but in house video.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.