Simon Kenton 59 Walton 44

WV continued to jack up poor 3's. The few possessions they went inside to Burns....he scored or the defense contracted and a open shot was attempted. SK defense was more intense than WV. WV turned the ball over as a result. You can't give your opponent a boat load of more possessions in a game it will kill you.
Sounds like an all-to-faimiliar theme. Hopefully the boys eventually buy into what Coach Trame is trying to teach. The effort and attitudes have been disappointing to this point.

Nick transferred from Holy Cross prior to his Jr season. His whole family attended SK, his brother Tony played for the '81 state champs, his sister Shannon was a very good hoops player in the late '90s and his other brother David was a very good wrestler for SK. He ended up being a starter for th '95 team and made the game winning layup, with 2 seconds remainig in the regional title game against CovCath. Nick passed away in '98 on the way back from the Gorge, he was a passenger in a car crash on I-64. Last night they had a projection screen on the floor and they played the last 9 seconds of that game, then they presented Nick's jersey to his family. It brought a tear to my eye, he was a very good young man. I have a friend who's brother graduated with Nick, and after his passing they planted a tree in their front yard. Hard to believe that tree is 11 years old, time really flies.

Actually Shannon graduated in 92, not the late 90's.

This was what I was trying to bring to light... I think WV is a talented team, they just need to buckle down, be patient, and play good offense, and they will win a lot more games. Like so many Walton teams- they are trying to live and die by the three.

Soory Root, but Walton is far from a talented team. Trame will get Walton back on track, but as long as ponzer is their they will not be the team their capabe of being. The kids at WV were brainwashed by Kyle Bennet's "Soft Girl" play. WV will get there 15 or so wins this year, but I think it will take Trame a couple of years to get this program back to where it once was. Their ridiculous AAU talent sure won't hurt em'.

Nick transferred from Holy Cross prior to his Jr season. His whole family attended SK, his brother Tony played for the '81 state champs, his sister Shannon was a very good hoops player in the late '90s and his other brother David was a very good wrestler for SK. He ended up being a starter for th '95 team and made the game winning layup, with 2 seconds remainig in the regional title game against CovCath. Nick passed away in '98 on the way back from the Gorge, he was a passenger in a car crash on I-64. Last night they had a projection screen on the floor and they played the last 9 seconds of that game, then they presented Nick's jersey to his family. It brought a tear to my eye, he was a very good young man. I have a friend who's brother graduated with Nick, and after his passing they planted a tree in their front yard. Hard to believe that tree is 11 years old, time really flies.

Wow, that is a sad story but a great touch of class for SK to honor him and his family. Thanks for sharing.

Soory Root, but Walton is far from a talented team. Trame will get Walton back on track, but as long as ponzer is their they will not be the team their capabe of being. The kids at WV were brainwashed by Kyle Bennet's "Soft Girl" play. WV will get there 15 or so wins this year, but I think it will take Trame a couple of years to get this program back to where it once was. Their ridiculous AAU talent sure won't hurt em'.

Priceless. Did you attend this game? Judging by your comments I would guess no. Ponzer was one of the few bright spots offensively. Yes he had a few bad passes but show me a high school point guard that doesn't make mistakes. As for Trame, I was a huge fan of his when he was at SK but his previous stop wasn't nearly as successful and left a lot of the supporters of the progran very happy when he decided to step down, including some of his former players.

Burns will be a key to this team but at this point his game is nowhere near ready. He reminds me of a freshman or sophomore that is stepping into a starting role. The only problem is he is a senior and is running out of time.

Priceless. Did you attend this game? Judging by your comments I would guess no. Ponzer was one of the few bright spots offensively. Yes he had a few bad passes but show me a high school point guard that doesn't make mistakes. As for Trame, I was a huge fan of his when he was at SK but his previous stop wasn't nearly as successful and left a lot of the supporters of the progran very happy when he decided to step down, including some of his former players.

Burns will be a key to this team but at this point his game is nowhere near ready. He reminds me of a freshman or sophomore that is stepping into a starting role. The only problem is he is a senior and is running out of time.

nkysl...I wasn't at the game, but i've seen this kid play numerous games, and he's not the type of player Trame wants.

nkysl...I wasn't at the game, but i've seen this kid play numerous games, and he's not the type of player Trame wants.

Well either your speculating about Trames feelings or he has told you his feelings. Either way its sad that you are trying to attack not only a kid on the court but his character as well. Just curious, but how do you know what kind of kid Trame wants? Do you and him often talk about players that he doesn't like? If so maybe that brings some light to why he wasn't very appreciated at his last stop. If not I'm sure he probably doesn't like people saying he has negative feelings towards one of his players.