Does Highlands...

jbwill2

We do not take pride in beating the former schools you highlight (CovCath, Ryle, etc.). We in the Queen City fully expect to win those games because we have better football programs than those mentioned. It has nothing to do with the number of boys in the school in this analysis.

As far as the latter schools you mentioned (St. X, Male, Trinity, etc.), they stack up as follows: (5 public, 5 private/parochial)

St. Xavier (OH) - 1,171

St. Xavier (KY) - 1,115

Trinity (KY) - 1,059

Colerain - 897

Elder - 689

Moeller - 671

Male - 641

Manual - 628

Simon Kenton - 600

Ryle - 572

Highlands - 324

Beating the likes of Trinity and St. Xavier mean a lot to us Cincy folk, make no mistake about it. Both of those schools have won against the GCL and that gets them instant credibility. Now, Colerain is trying to dip in that pool as well by scheduling a home-and-home with Manual. And who knows, maybe next year we take on Simon Kenton or Ryle in week 1 at the showdown to further our KY reach. Lord knows Dale won't want anything to do with us next year...and that's a wise move on his part. :thumb:

So, there you go. More fun facts to debate and discuss.

-CardinalsFan

CF, Who and when was the last Ohio school with Highlands size enrollment to play Colerain? Any in the last 10 years or so or do they only challenge much smaller schools from other states (or stated another way is Highlands the only small school willing to play teams with one three (Colerain) or four (Cincy St. X) times as many boys recently)?

On a separate note, with respect to Highlands playing other Cincinnati schools, Highlands did also beat Cincinnati Withrow this year.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. He likes Wheaties. Breakfast of Champions. Probably can't find those in any Krogers in Colerain Township this year. Well they may have the mini boxes. Colerain did win the GMC. :D

2. Be thankful that the C Train didn't play Highlands this year or it would have been 2-1 and you would have less to gloat about.

3. Given the loss of all the O linemen, it wasn't too hard to predict that Colerain would struggle this year. Maybe Dale should get in the prediction business: he sure called this one right. Beating Colerain this year wouldn't have helped us at all in our quest for high national rankings.

4. Glad it happened this generation. With a son on Highlands team, it's the only one I care about right now.

5. Now it's X and T in addition to Highlands ducking Colerain. Later on in this thread, it will be the Minnesota Vikings afraid of Colerain.

6. It has been fun. Probably not as much fun as attending your wife's family reunions. If Highlands doesn't have a shot of beating Colerain ever, what are CovCath's chances? Has to make you popular with her brothers. :banana:

Welcome to my world CF.:lol::idunno::lol::idunno:

Trinity smoked Elder 44-20 in 2002. Elder then won out and won Ohio's state title. Does that make Trinity the Ohio and Kentucky State Champs for '02?

This is exactly how pollsters determine "Mythical National Champions". Look out, everybody is all worried about Greater Cinti Champs, but the truth in the matter is "if" Highlands could win out and win out big and St X could win out and win out big, then folks I believe Dale will be on NBC Sunday Nite Football pushing for a claim at a National Championship. Well maybe not, but he probably could get some air time on there though, My point in the whole statement is this, everyone is on here carrying on about Greater Cinti Champs, if USA started looking at HHS as a potential candidate for National Champs, then they would look at one team and one team only, and that would be St. X, Ohio Big School State Champion if it were to happen. They wouldnt be worried about what Elder, Colerain and others did. Just one team and one team only in Oh. They play the who beat who scenario game and that is simply what people are doing on here. Well ok, they would look at Moeller also since they have been ranked very high in the last few weeks. :thumb: Soooooo, that makes Highlands Greater Cinti Champs. Right? Just ask Ryan Ernst.

Edited by Sweeperboy
Forgot why I was posting, Iam suppose to be hunting right now.

This is exactly how pollsters determine "Mythical National Champions". Look out, everybody is all worried about Greater Cinti Champs, but the truth in the matter is "if" Highlands could win out and win out big and St X could win out and win out big, then folks I believe Dale will be on NBC Sunday Nite Football pushing for a claim at a National Championship. Well maybe not, but he probably could get some air time on there though, My point in the whole statement is this, everyone is on here carrying on about Greater Cinti Champs, if USA started looking at HHS as a potential candidate for National Champs, then they would look at one team and one team only, and that would be St. X, Ohio Big School State Champion if it were to happen. They wouldnt be worried about what Elder, Colerain and others did. Just one team and one team only in Oh. They play the who beat who scenario game and that is simply what people are doing on here. Well ok, they would look at Moeller also since they have been ranked very high in the last few weeks. :thumb: Soooooo, that makes Highlands Greater Cinti Champs. Right? Just ask Ryan Ernst.

I was thinking the same thing about the Hunting comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a good guy, so I am not even going to begin to dissect the insanity in this post. It is, for a lack of better wording, mind-numbingly painful.

Let's make it easy...I agree. Highlands can have all the "mythical" titles they want. Congrats on those.

Oh, and BTW...who says St. Xavier is #1 in Cincy? A poll by a bunch of coaches who have their asst's fill out the form for the enquirer and have never seen most of the teams play? Ok.

-CardinalsFan

It's "mythical", i.e., not real. If you can make an argument that you deserve a "mythical" title, then you can claim it.

If Cincy St. X isn't the best team in Cincinnati, it certainly changes Highlands claim. In reality, I don't care who the mythical champion of the greater Cincinnati area is.

My point is simply that fake titles can be claimed by anyone with an argument. If that's mind-numbingly painful and insane, so be it. But, thanks for being such a good guy. :thumb:

5. Now it's X and T in addition to Highlands ducking Colerain. Later on in this thread, it will be the Minnesota Vikings afraid of Colerain.

They may have when they thought Tarvaris Jackson or Sage Rosenfels was going to be their QB. :lol:

Because Mythical Legends like to hangout together.:D

Oh yeah that's right!!! Makes me want to bust out singing this song! Come'on sing it with me! :taz::taz::taz:

It's the world's greatest, It's the world's greatest, C'mon, yeah, The world's greatest

I am a mountain

I am a tall tree

Oh I am the swift wind

Sweepin the country

I am a river

Down in the valley

Oh I am a vision

And I can see clearly

If anybody asks you who I am

Just stand up tall

Look 'em in the face and say

I'm that star up in the sky

I'm that mountain peak up high

Hey I made it

I'm the world's greatest

And I'm that little bit of hope

When my back's against the ropes

I can feel it

I'm the world's greatest

I am a giant

I am an eagle

I am a lion

Down in the jungle

I am the marchin' band

I am the people

I am the helping hand

I am the hero

Just stand up tall

Hey I made it

I'm the world's greatest

When my backs against the ropes

I can feel it

I'm the world's greatest

Hey I made it

I'm the world's greatest

I can feel it

I'm the world's greatest

Hey I made it

I'm the world's greatest

I can feel it

I'm the world's greatest

Hey I made it

I'm the world's greatest

I can feel it

I'm the world's greatest

Yes the greatest

It's the greatest

Can you feel it

It's the greatest

Can you feel it

I saw the light

At the end of a tunnel

Believe in the pot of gold

At the end of the rainbow

And faith was right there

To pull me through, yeah

Used to be locked doors

Now I can just walk on through

Hey, uh, hey, hey, hey

It's the greatest

:lol::lol::lol:

Oh yeah that's right!!! Makes me want to bust out singing this song! Come'on sing it with me! :taz::taz::taz:

It's the world's greatest, It's the world's greatest, C'mon, yeah, The world's greatest

I am a mountain

I am a tall tree

Oh I am the swift wind

Sweepin the country

I am a river

Down in the valley

Oh I am a vision

And I can see clearly

Just stand up tall

Hey I made it

I'm the world's greatest

When my back's against the ropes

I can feel it

I'm the world's greatest

I am a giant

I am an eagle

I am a lion

Down in the jungle

I am the marchin' band

I am the people

I am the helping hand

I am the hero

Just stand up tall

Hey I made it

I'm the world's greatest

I can feel it

I'm the world's greatest

Hey I made it

I'm the world's greatest

I can feel it

I'm the world's greatest

Hey I made it

I'm the world's greatest

I can feel it

I'm the world's greatest

Hey I made it

I'm the world's greatest

I can feel it

I'm the world's greatest

Yes the greatest

It's the greatest

Can you feel it

It's the greatest

Can you feel it

I saw the light

At the end of a tunnel

Believe in the pot of gold

At the end of the rainbow

And faith was right there

To pull me through, yeah

Used to be locked doors

Now I can just walk on through

Hey, uh, hey, hey, hey

It's the greatest

:lol::lol::lol:

:ohbrother:

1. He likes Wheaties. Breakfast of Champions. Probably can't find those in any Krogers in Colerain Township this year. Well they may have the mini boxes. Colerain did win the GMC. :D

Touche

2. Be thankful that the C Train didn't play Highlands this year or it would have been 2-1 and you would have less to gloat about.

Uhhhh....no. :laugh:

3. Given the loss of all the O linemen, it wasn't too hard to predict that Colerain would struggle this year. Maybe Dale should get in the prediction business: he sure called this one right. Beating Colerain this year wouldn't have helped us at all in our quest for high national rankings.

No doubt, losing all those OL certainly didn't help in weeks 1 & 2. Couldn't do anything offensively against St. Xavier in week 1, that's for sure. And I agree, Dale certainly knows how to play the scheduling game, that's what I've been saying. He knew from the get go that they had a much better shot at beating St. X than Colerain. Smart move on his part. :thumb:

4. Glad it happened this generation. With a son on Highlands team, it's the only one I care about right now.

Congratulations! Something he will be able to tell his grandkids when they are playing for Highlands and they ask Grandpa when was the last time Highlands beat one of the "big boys from across the river". :ylsuper:

I didn't say they were ducking us. I said I didn't know. I will find out if that call has ever been made and be sure to report back to you. :eyeonyou:

6. It has been fun. Probably not as much fun as attending your wife's family reunions. If Highlands doesn't have a shot of beating Colerain ever, what are CovCath's chances? Has to make you popular with her brothers. :banana:

They know their place. Again, there is a reason they are more than willing to play the entire GCL-S over the past decade but they have never matched up against my Cardinals. Why do YOU think that is?? :D:cool:

Good stuff leatherneck....good stuff indeed.

-CardinalsFan