Sick players

It's no more serious than the regular flu. Thousands of people die from seasonal flu each year, and far more will die from it than the "swine flu."

The problem with H1N1 is there's not a vaccine for it yet or the only one they have is still in the trial stage and that is what makes it a little more dangerous right now!

The problem with H1N1 is there's not a vaccine for it yet or the only one they have is still in the trial stage and that is what makes it a little more dangerous right now!

Some of us feel as though the vaccines (seasonal flu or otherwise) are quite unnecessary as well, unless you're already suffering from some other malady.

Anyone who doesn't think the majority of the flu cases going around right now are NOT the swine flu or variations of it are naive. No way a school of over 1,500 students (Ryle) has 500 out 2-days after their homecoming dance and it NOT being a new type of virus that no one has immunity from (particularly teenagers.) All told it would be a safe estimate to say about 1,000 of their students came down with the virus over the past 2-weeks. Fortunately the wave of sickness passes by fairly quickly (48 hours) and the effects don't seem to linger for most of the kids unless they have respiratory issues.

Some of us feel as though the vaccines (seasonal flu or otherwise) are quite unnecessary as well, unless you're already suffering from some other malady.

I don't disagree with you, I have never took a flu shot in my life I was just stating why everyone seems to be worried with the H1N1

I don't disagree with you, I have never took a flu shot in my life I was just stating why everyone seems to be worried with the H1N1

For the same reason that people in high risk categories are concerned with getting the regular flu. My wife has asthma and came down with H1N1 last Sunday (9/27). Here we are 11+ days later, several trips to the doctor, one to the hospital, a ricidulous amount of money spent on medicines and doctor co-pays, and she's still sick and in bed and won't be returning to work tomorrow either. She's getting better and will hopefully be fine come this weekend, but it hit her VERY hard. She is definitely one person that would have greatly benefitted from an H1N1 vaccination.