Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Forde finds another opportunity to hate on UK

Featured Replies

  • Replies 61
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with most of his article on the ranking system that Sagarin uses, but the way he talks about UK is just crazy. UNC "is Kentucky without the scandals"? I mean really this is not the top teams over the last decade or even the last 20 years, this is all-time.

 

I find it funny how he disagrees with putting Illinois over Duke because Duke is ahead of them in every category, but when it comes to UK and UNC he picks UNC.

 

It's a toss up for #1 for me honestly, Yes UCLA had that dominant run but it dropped off some and hasn't been as consistent. It has picked up lately but not the same dominance. The same can be said for UK as well.

Any conversation about the best program of all time includes three schools: Kentucky, North Carolina, and UCLA. Because a fantastic case can be made for all three, whoever is put on top is simply opinion. But there are no others on the list.

Forde hates UK, simple as that. He can't be objective about anything he writes concerning Kentucky because his hatred and dislike for the program won't allow him to do so. Why ESPN still has him employed is beyond me. Shouldn't they want unbiased reporters on their staff. They certainly don't get that with Forde.

Forde hates UK, simple as that. He can't be objective about anything he writes concerning Kentucky because his hatred and dislike for the program won't allow him to do so. Why ESPN still has him employed is beyond me. Shouldn't they want unbiased reporters on their staff. They certainly don't get that with Forde.

 

He's employed because of contacts, which are quite good.

I think he wanted to write this article just to bash UK.

Did Forde write anything that wasn't true?

He's employed because of contacts, which are quite good.

 

I have no problem with his employment at ESPN.

 

But his articles are far too predictable.

 

And I am yet to read an article where he uses his sources at Louisville regarding the Pitino saga.

I think Forde wanting people to talk about his article and enjoys getting the attention he receives when he involves UK into his arguments. It's the only way he knows to stir any type of conversation. I think he's a joke.

It's not like a compelling argument can't be made that UNC is ahead of UK (as a UK fan I disagree, but still). If it were someone other than Forde, would you feel the same way?

Forde is a UK Hater and might as well get used to it we are a Dynasty that is Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Go Big Blue!

I'm a huge UK fan, and Forde doesn't like UK in my opinion, but he didn't write anything that wasn't true in making his points. I guess you could debate whether those points should or shouldn't affect rankings like these, but its not as if he was making stuff up.

  • Author
It's not like a compelling argument can't be made that UNC is ahead of UK (as a UK fan I disagree, but still). If it were someone other than Forde, would you feel the same way?

 

I don't think being on probation has much to do with all time great programs. Like he actually said UCLA obviously bent the rules under Wooden and we know Jim Harrick is not a strict rule follower. We could also knock IU on down with their recent violations if we want to nitpick. I am not saying well he didn't rank UK 1st, how dare he or anything like that. Its just how he finds a way to criitcize UK at every turn.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.