Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Forde finds another opportunity to hate on UK

Featured Replies

I doubt if letting in 32 other teams would have had an impact on UCLA's run.

 

Probably not, but having to play teams from east of the Mississippi before the finals may have.

  • Replies 61
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think you nailed it. He will never reach the level of some of the great sportswriters, so he has to take shortcuts to get noticed.

 

However, isn't it a reflection upon UK fans that Forde has such an easy time getting them riled up over something trivial?

Place the word known in front of "glaring" and I agree with you.

 

In a case like that, however, all we have to go by is what was known. I've been hammered on here in the past when I suggested that UK probably didn't stop cheating once Pitino got there, they just were either less-blatant or better at covering it up. You can't have it both ways with UNC.

However, isn't it a reflection upon UK fans that Forde has such an easy time getting them riled up over something trivial?

 

I give him credit for knowing his primary audience all too well.

I don't disagree with that about Gilbert. What kills me is when UK fans have the gall to downplay UCLA's championships while knowing in their heart the same crap was going on during their seven. Just hilarious.

 

 

Really? All 7? Even the last 2? So since Pitino was the head coach for #6, and since he is currently employed by UL I guess he just did that stuff at UK and everything he has done at UL is on the up and up?

Why, if it upsets you so much, do you read what Forde writes?

And most of UCLA's success was when there were only 32 teams in the tournament and the Bruins usually got to play the first two games close to their home in order to qualify for the Final Four. It was quite a bit easier back in those days.

 

Actually the 32 team field was instituted in '75 if memory serves and before that it was 24 and maybe a 28 (preliminary for some) for a year or two. When it expanded in '75 to 32 total then each conference could have at least two teams go.

Really? All 7? Even the last 2? So since Pitino was the head coach for #6, and since he is currently employed by UL I guess he just did that stuff at UK and everything he has done at UL is on the up and up?

 

If you're looking for me to say Pitino runs a clean ship, keep looking. As I said, they just got less-blatant and/or better about covering it up after getting busted on the sins from the '80s. And I don't buy for a second that Rupp ran a clean ship any more than I would buy that Frank McGuire or Dean Smith did. And we know about the lawless ways during Joe. B's tenure.

However, isn't it a reflection upon UK fans that Forde has such an easy time getting them riled up over something trivial?

 

Partly, yes.

 

I think most reasonable fans simply expect objectivity. Forde doesn't have that. He has an obvious disdain for UK, going out of his way to take verbal jabs at the program.

 

Most of us the want the impartial analysis that someone like Clark Kellog or Jay Bilas provides. When Bilas questioned UK being in the field of 65 during BCG's first year, I had no qualms with him. It was a fair argument. Conversely, I appreciate his recent defense of Calipari.

 

Forde possesses none of this when UK basketball is involved.

  • Author
Partly, yes.

 

I think most reasonable fans simply expect objectivity. Forde doesn't have that. He has an obvious disdain for UK, going out of his way to take verbal jabs at the program.

 

Most of us the want the impartial analysis that someone like Clark Kellog or Jay Bilas provides. When Bilas questioned UK being in the field of 65 during BCG's first year, I had no qualms with him. It was a fair argument. Conversely, I appreciate his recent defense of Calipari.

 

Forde possesses none of this when UK basketball is involved.

 

Very good post! I agree 100%. As for letting Forde get to UK fans he doesn't. I just like to expose him for his anti-UK rhetoric. Plus its still the offseason and I am bored. We gotta have something to tak about.:lol:

Very good post! I agree 100%. As for letting Forde get to UK fans he doesn't.

 

RIIIIIGHT

  • Author
RIIIIIGHT

 

He doesn't get to me. I don't spend time sitting around thinking about that mean old Pat Forde. :lol: I just like to discuss what he writes and give my opinion about him and other sportswriters, coaches, players, etc.

He doesn't get to me. I don't spend time sitting around thinking about that mean old Pat Forde. :lol: I just like to discuss what he writes and give my opinion about him and other sportswriters, coaches, players, etc.

 

Then you need to say he doesn't get to you. Its obvious that he gets to many a UK fan.

Did Forde write anything that wasn't true?

 

Yes, he did. At the end, he said UK was the third best basketball program of all-time, and we all know they're the best. So, that was a lie. :D

Yes, he did. At the end, he said UK was the third best basketball program of all-time, and we all know they're the best. So, that was a lie. :D

I'm glad someone finally brought up the obvious.:D:lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.