Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Forde finds another opportunity to hate on UK

Featured Replies

I don't think being on probation has much to do with all time great programs. Like he actually said UCLA obviously bent the rules under Wooden and we know Jim Harrick is not a strict rule follower. We could also knock IU on down with their recent violations if we want to nitpick. I am not saying well he didn't rank UK 1st, how dare he or anything like that. Its just how he finds a way to criitcize UK at every turn.

 

Sometimes the subject makes it easy for him. :D

  • Replies 61
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forde needs to get a life, every article he writes he bashes UK and this is his pattern.

 

Don't hate, appreciate.

 

I wonder if that job at the Courier-Journal he had made him an anti-UK fan? :D

If Forde thinks North Carolina is 100% squeaky clean in the past 60 years or so, he is living in la-la land. There's such a thing as committing illegal activities and not getting caught. One's naive if they think otherwise IMHO. They are probably smarter though. They wrap their video tapes and cash a little better than UK.

2. The Tar Heels are Kentucky without the scandals. They have achieved decades of excellence under a variety of coaches, having won titles under Frank McGuire, Dean Smith and Roy Williams. And they're breathing down the Wildcats' furry neck on the all-time victory list (1,988 for UK, 1,984 for UNC) despite playing in a historically tougher conference.

 

Favorite and best part of the article. :D

Wouldn't Kentucky's ability to bounce back (almost immediately) from the "death penalty" actually strengthen their case for the best program of all-time?

 

After all, most of the programs who receive such a penalty fold & collapse. Instead, Kentucky bounced back and was in the postseason within 2 years. By the end of the decade, they had won another NCAA championship.

Forde needs to get a life, every article he writes he bashes UK and this is his pattern.

 

Don't hate, appreciate.

 

I wonder if that job at the Courier-Journal he had made him an anti-UK fan? :D

 

Every single one, eh? I bet you're wrong.

So I read his article. Is there a beef with his logic?

So I read his article. Is there a beef with his logic?

 

Yeah, it doesn't exalt Kentucky.

So I read his article. Is there a beef with his logic?

 

IMO, as I said earlier, he is basically right with this article. It could be said that UK is higher, but any of those 3 teams could be #1.

I don't think being on probation has much to do with all time great programs. Like he actually said UCLA obviously bent the rules under Wooden and we know Jim Harrick is not a strict rule follower. We could also knock IU on down with their recent violations if we want to nitpick. I am not saying well he didn't rank UK 1st, how dare he or anything like that. Its just how he finds a way to criitcize UK at every turn.

 

You don't think whether the program is put on probation has anything to do with the program's all-time status? I disagree. I think how the program conducts itself is part of it's legacy.

You don't think whether the program is put on probation has anything to do with the program's all-time status? I disagree. I think how the program conducts itself is part of it's legacy.

 

Definitely agree there. Most Wildcat fans seem to think that rules apply only to other schools.

You don't think whether the program is put on probation has anything to do with the program's all-time status? I disagree. I think how the program conducts itself is part of it's legacy.

 

Definitely agree there. Most Wildcat fans seem to think that rules apply only to other schools.

 

The only thing that kept UCLA and Sam Gilbert not being busted was an apparent blind eye by the NCAA.

 

IMO the only one of the top 3 without a glaring blemish is UNC.

The only thing that kept UCLA and Sam Gilbert not being busted was an apparent blind eye by the NCAA.

 

IMO the only one of the top 3 without a glaring blemish is UNC.

 

I don't disagree with that about Gilbert. What kills me is when UK fans have the gall to downplay UCLA's championships while knowing in their heart the same crap was going on during their seven. Just hilarious.

I agree with most of his article on the ranking system that Sagarin uses, but the way he talks about UK is just crazy. UNC "is Kentucky without the scandals"? I mean really this is not the top teams over the last decade or even the last 20 years, this is all-time.

 

I find it funny how he disagrees with putting Illinois over Duke because Duke is ahead of them in every category, but when it comes to UK and UNC he picks UNC.

 

It's a toss up for #1 for me honestly, Yes UCLA had that dominant run but it dropped off some and hasn't been as consistent. It has picked up lately but not the same dominance. The same can be said for UK as well.

 

If you're talking all time, UNC will have more wins....most of UK's success was when black people couldn't play......I agree with Forde, I hate it, but UNC and UCLA are the top dogs.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.