Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Simon Kenton 56 Conner 14

Featured Replies

BTW did anyone else see, I think it was in the 4th quarter when Simpson absolutely chucked 2 Cougars. It looked like Cooper had SK at a loss for yards and Simpson strung it out to the Cougar sideline and absolutely laid out 2 Cougars and then it took two more to drag him down after he picked up about 6 yards. The folks in the booth took notice because they showed the play again. What killed me is he made it look so effortless.

  • Replies 82
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW did anyone else see, I think it was in the 4th quarter when Simpson absolutely chucked 2 Cougars. It looked like Cooper had SK at a loss for yards and Simpson strung it out to the Cougar sideline and absolutely laid out 2 Cougars and then it took two more to drag him down after he picked up about 6 yards. The folks in the booth took notice because they showed the play again. What killed me is he made it look so effortless.

 

There was a couple times when that happened. He had 3-4 defenders in the backfield when he got the ball, looked like he was gonna lose a couple yards, and still managed to break tackles and gain 5 or 6 on the play...amazing.:eek:

After watching the game on TV, SK's QB worries me almost as much as Simpson. You know Simpson is going to get his yards and a score or two. But this season, they are not nearly as one-dimensional and this additional threat by Lawrence to both run and throw the ball makes them very dangerous and tough to defend.

 

Remind you of any team in particular?:sssh:

Unfortunately, this happens at EVERY school.

 

No it doesn't.

No it doesn't.

 

Ok, every winning school.... It does happen alot, and it's from kids that contribute nothing to the program, so why care about their "class" or lack there of?

Wait just one minute here...Conner was predicted by nearly as many to win this football game. Conner jumped out to a 14-0 lead. If you don't expect SK to score as many points as they can, you are nutz. Maybe they felt they had to prove that Conner didnt belong on the field with them this year. BTW, who ever said SK had any class anyway...:lol:

 

The statement was made that SK did not run up the score. Just stating the facts. They did run up the score. What would have been proven if Miles or Chad would have been injured in the 4th quarter with the game in hand. It would have proven that someone else was nutz!

Ok, every winning school.... It does happen alot, and it's from kids that contribute nothing to the program, so why care about their "class" or lack there of?

 

 

:thumb:

As far as running up the score, the way conner has been doing it the last couple years to other smaller schools, Lloyd , Cooper it was only a matter of time before someone did it to them. What I don't like is having your starters in that late with the game out of reach with the risk of injury. If I remember, didn't Simpson get hurt back in Aug. against Holmes when the were up by 50?

 

Believe he was hurt in last scrimmage before season started.:confused:

  • Author
Believe he was hurt in last scrimmage before season started.:confused:

 

Yes it was. They were up by 7 T.Ds

deleted

Edited by js4192
deleted

Yes it was. They were up by 7 T.Ds

 

No SK was not up by 7 TDs. Simpson was hurt in the first quarter of the 2nd scrimmage.

I didn't attend the Holmes scrimmage but I heard from a very reliable source that Miles was injured very early that evening. Did I like to see MS in the game up by a handful of scores, no, but do I think they ran it up, no. I didn't even want to leave the game up 28, since I left up when they were up 13 in the regular season game last season. I didn't want Don Weber to announce SK was defeated once again after having the game in hand. I know one thing, when Miles gets to the 2nd level it's a beautiful sight, the kid one amazing player.

I didn't attend the Holmes scrimmage but I heard from a very reliable source that Miles was injured very early that evening. Did I like to see MS in the game up by a handful of scores, no, but do I think they ran it up, no. I didn't even want to leave the game up 28, since I left up when they were up 13 in the regular season game last season. I didn't want Don Weber to announce SK was defeated once again after having the game in hand. I know one thing, when Miles gets to the 2nd level it's a beautiful sight, the kid one amazing player.[/QUOTE]

 

 

 

He's not completely able to cut on that ankle yet either...now that is SCARY!!!:scared:

Yes it was. They were up by 7 T.Ds

 

If you honestly even look at a score in a scrimmage then you've missed the point.:ohbrother:

I'm curious. I happened to remember your post from a previous thread about Cooper's freshman team beating Newport 74-0:

 

 

 

What criteria do you use to determine when it's acceptable to run up a score?

 

When it's my team that's not being classy.. I could care less about other teams.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.