Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Simon Kenton 56 Conner 14

Featured Replies

Conner was the team that ran the score up on Lloyd this year.Threw for a td with 2 minutes left to make it 64-0.

 

With their 1st string?

  • Replies 82
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
If you honestly even look at a score in a scrimmage then you've missed the point.:ohbrother:

 

No you don't get the point. Up by 35 less that 4 minutes. Still more that half the season ahead of you. Playing Q.B. on special teams and D. :banana:

Agian "running it up" is a non-issue to me. However, I do have to question the wisdom of risking injury. I think I read above that the SK QB was still going both ways late (I missed that) but I don't think anyone mentioned that Simpson was as well. Simpson actually made the saving tackle on what would have been a Conner touchdown mid way through the fourth quarter. I hadn't noticed him out there and did a double take when he made the tackle because it seemed like such an unnecessary risk.

Word is that Marksberry would have ran the score to 70-0 if he had the chance. Apparently he wasn't too thrilled with a few comments that were made by the QB and Coach??? Seems kinda childish to me, especially if you are going to risk the health of 1 or more of your starters.

 

That being said, I did notice all the sportsmanship the players gave toward each other on the field and was very impressed by Conner's boys. Very classy!

 

It's not Marksberry's job to stop himself....That belongs to the coaches of the opposing team....Keep em rolling Jeff...:thumb:

With their 1st string?

 

 

 

No, it was their JV against their varsity and the qb(jv) checked to throw it to an uncovered receiver.

I find it comical that some are actually defending running up the score. Blowing a team out and running up the score are two different things. Blowing a team out is making a statement and doing it with class by pulling the starters when the result is no longer in question. What SK did Friday night was not classy at all, not to mention the fact that they risked injuring their players by keeping them in a game that was out of hand. I'm surprised Conner kept their cool and didn't start throwing some late hits and cheap shots in response to the starters for SK being in at the end of a 42 point game.

 

What makes this game even more ironic is the fact that this is a program that for years took their fair share of beatings and preached about how it was classless for the other team to run up the score that much. The difference between the beatings SK took and this is that almost all of those beatings ended with the other team pulling their starters. That said, I'm glad SK won the game, just not how they finished it.

No, it was their JV against their varsity and the qb(jv) checked to throw it to an uncovered receiver.

 

I'd say that's a little different.

I find it comical that some are actually defending running up the score. Blowing a team out and running up the score are two different things. Blowing a team out is making a statement and doing it with class by pulling the starters when the result is no longer in question. What SK did Friday night was not classy at all, not to mention the fact that they risked injuring their players by keeping them in a game that was out of hand. I'm surprised Conner kept their cool and didn't start throwing some late hits and cheap shots in response to the starters for SK being in at the end of a 42 point game.

 

What makes this game even more ironic is the fact that this is a program that for years took their fair share of beatings and preached about how it was classless for the other team to run up the score that much. The difference between the beatings SK took and this is that almost all of those beatings ended with the other team pulling their starters. That said, I'm glad SK won the game, just not how they finished it.

 

Wow. Heard the same same exact thing from an SK guy at work.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.