Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Simon Kenton 56 Conner 14

Featured Replies

  • Replies 82
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a strange game, Conner goes up 14-0 and it looks like they are going to have a great chance of pulling the upset. Next thing you know, Miles is running the "wildneer" and SK opens the floodgates. I really expected Conner to utilize Pugh more in the run game, but he was nearly invisible on offense. Even West found it difficult to find running room. I think SK's experience facing fast athletic Qbs really helped in preparing for this game.

 

Agreed, seemed like the HC game was perfectly placed on there schedule. I think the defense found it easy stopping the run after chasing the speedy backs and WR's from Clay last week. What doesn't kill you makes better.

  • Author
I'm not sure? I question why he has one of the better QB's in the state in on kickoff return?

 

He was also was in playing D.B. with 4 minutes to go in the game up by 35. You know what they say about pay back. Maybe not this year or next. But someday when someone is running it up on S.K. remember this game.

He was also was in playing D.B. with 4 minutes to go in the game up by 35. You know what they say about pay back. Maybe not this year or next. But someday when someone is running it up on S.K. remember this game.

 

:lol: SK has had their fair share of games ran up on them.

Newspaper...

 

I, for one, am not happy about running the score up.

 

I'm curious. I happened to remember your post from a previous thread about Cooper's freshman team beating Newport 74-0:

 

If you can't stop them quit. Before everyone says how horrible Cooper is for running up the score, I want to say I for one see nothing wrong with it.

 

What criteria do you use to determine when it's acceptable to run up a score?

Get over the score! I can remember playing 4 Homecomings one year and no one was crying for SK then, besides many picked Conner to win. And as the old saying goes "if you talk the talk you better be able to walk the walk"!!

So no one is going to produce the words for the supposed trash talk?

I saw the news segment and West said something like they want payback for losing to SK in the playoffs. On SK side, you have the game at your place and you went to the state title game last year and the news station goes to Conner for game day! Just a little extra motivation. It was mentioned earlier that Conner didn't run but three times.... if you don't have receivers that can get open they may want to try to mix it up a little. Really, only three runs??

I saw the news segment and West said something like they want payback for losing to SK in the playoffs. On SK side, you have the game at your place and you went to the state title game last year and the news station goes to Conner for game day! Just a little extra motivation. It was mentioned earlier that Conner didn't run but three times.... if you don't have receivers that can get open they may want to try to mix it up a little. Really, only three runs??

 

That's it? That's what had SK coaches and fans "upset?"

 

Weak.

That's it? That's what had SK coaches and fans "upset?"

 

Weak.

 

I'm not positive that's the reason but that was said on the news. All the motivation needed would have been Conner's last minute comeback victory last year. The 6A will be some good battles.

After watching the game on TV, SK's QB worries me almost as much as Simpson. You know Simpson is going to get his yards and a score or two. But this season, they are not nearly as one-dimensional and this additional threat by Lawrence to both run and throw the ball makes them very dangerous and tough to defend.

Do I think SK ran up the score, not so much

 

Up 42-14 with 4 minutes left in the game. You keep your first team in the game and throw for a TD to go up 49-14. Get the ball back and keep your first team in except for MS and score again? How can you not say SK ran the score up?

I thought SK would win the game but I thought they would win with a little more class. JMO

 

Conner was the team that ran the score up on Lloyd this year.Threw for a td with 2 minutes left to make it 64-0.

I'm curious. I happened to remember your post from a previous thread about Cooper's freshman team beating Newport 74-0:

 

 

 

What criteria do you use to determine when it's acceptable to run up a score?

 

I'm not positive, but I think his comment in the Cooper/Newport game was regarding scoring with your 2nd and 3rd team in, which is what Cooper did that game. If the other team cannot stop your 2 and 3's, so be it. However, SK was still scoring late with their 1's when the game was well in hand.

Simpson is incredibly fast, everyone knows that. I just wonder, he doesn't look close to 100%. He is still limping noticeably. Is this his normal walk, or is he still not healed? His straight ahead speed is there, but his cuts aren't quite as explosive. Is this an issue where the doctors said that he'd just have to play through the pain b/c he wouldn't do any more damage to it? If not, I would be upset that he stepped on the field at least against NewCath.

I'm not positive, but I think his comment in the Cooper/Newport game was regarding scoring with your 2nd and 3rd team in, which is what Cooper did that game. If the other team cannot stop your 2 and 3's, so be it. However, SK was still scoring late with their 1's when the game was well in hand.

 

Gotcha. :thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.