Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cris Collinsworth

Featured Replies

I really like Collinsworth in the booth. He's certainly an upgrade over Madden's blathering.

  • Replies 47
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't a big fan last before, but I'm really liking him this year. Insightful, moves in and out of comments nicely. Madden was horrible. I still like Troy Aikman better though.

I wasn't a big fan last before, but I'm really liking him this year. Insightful, moves in and out of comments nicely. Madden was horrible. I still like Troy Aikman better though.

As bad as I hate to agree, Troy does a nice job. And I prefer Gruden. Jaworski irritates me. Collinsworth has a rake to his voice. It's not what he says, simply how he says it.

 

Chucky will be on someones sideline next season IMO. I agree that we should enjoy him while we have the chance. He's a sharp tack, got a wit about him and blends in with that group well.

 

Can't stand to listen to Dungy. Enjoy his book, not his commentary.

 

And my all time least favorite has been behind a microphone is Emmitt. Oh how he sucks!! (followed closely by Keyshawn)

I like Cris but I like him best when he sticks to his well formed opinions and game analysis vs. either trying to be funny (which he does a great job of on Inside the NFL) or over hyping a situation or player.

 

Fo the rest of you that don't know Cris on a personal level he is absolutely fantastic. In other words everyone, Cris hangs out with the rest of the football parents at Highlands and his demeanor, attitude, etc. are top shelf. Great guy!

I like Cris I think he does a great job.

A big Cris fan and think he does a solid job, though I prefer Aikman. I think he's outstanding. I've alway liked Phil Simms also.

I had a law school class with Cris while he was a Bengal and he actually gave me and my fellow students the time of day. Nice guy. His brother in law and I did title searches in the Campbell County courthouse and he thought Cris was kind of a dork or geek; but he also thought Cris's wife (his sister) was average looking which she most definitely is/was NOT and consequently, anybody who has ever seen her knows brother John's opinion must be questioned. I like him.

Like Cris and Gruden. Smart, well spoken, and usually dead on.

Fo the rest of you that don't know Cris on a personal level he is absolutely fantastic. In other words everyone, Cris hangs out with the rest of the football parents at Highlands and his demeanor, attitude, etc. are top shelf. Great guy!

This could not be more true. Cris is a great friend, family man and a top-notch Bluebird fan.

Cris is a very good announcer. His opinions ring true more than most experts.

As bad as I hate to agree, Troy does a nice job. And I prefer Gruden. Jaworski irritates me. Collinsworth has a rake to his voice. It's not what he says, simply how he says it.

 

Chucky will be on someones sideline next season IMO. I agree that we should enjoy him while we have the chance. He's a sharp tack, got a wit about him and blends in with that group well.

 

Can't stand to listen to Dungy. Enjoy his book, not his commentary.

 

And my all time least favorite has been behind a microphone is Emmitt. Oh how he sucks!! (followed closely by Keyshawn)

 

Emmitt was so awful I like him. He provide comic relief. Nobody even have to try to be funny when Emmitt was on the team.

This could not be more true. Cris is a great friend, family man and a top-notch Bluebird fan.

 

I was thinking about this last weekend: Is Collinsworth able to make it Friday night games? I have no clue when they tape Inside the NFL or how soon in advance he and Michaels have to be at the site of the Sunday night game. It would be a shame if he couldn't make the games.

A big Cris fan and think he does a solid job, though I prefer Aikman. I think he's outstanding. I've alway liked Phil Simms also.
I respectfully disagree with that one.
I was thinking about this last weekend: Is Collinsworth able to make it Friday night games? I have no clue when they tape Inside the NFL or how soon in advance he and Michaels have to be at the site of the Sunday night game. It would be a shame if he couldn't make the games.
He's going to try to make as many games as he can. I think he has it worked into his contract, so that he can be there whenever possible.
He's going to try to make as many games as he can. I think he has it worked into his contract, so that he can be there whenever possible.

 

It does help that most of Highlands games are in northern Kentucky. It would be nearly impossible to make it down into the state if Highlands had many long trips, but their game at Manual looks like the only "long" trip. And all of their playoff games should be at home this year. That's good for the whole family.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.