September 15, 200917 yr Collinsworth's full-time pairing with Al Michaels began this past NFL week. Several folks seem to have a negative opinion of Collinsworth, which I just don't get. I find him to be opinionated, but well-researched enough to be able to defend his opinion. He is a bit arrogant about it, but I think it comes from the fact that while he's an ex-jock, he's far and away the best-prepared of that generally sorry bunch, and is generally better-prepared than most of the J-school grads. I don't have to agree with him on everything, but I can respect where he's coming from. He'll figure out his own gimmicks eventually, and I think he's a breath of fresh air after listening to Madden mail it in for the past 15 years. Let's hear it, good and bad on Collinsworth.
September 15, 200917 yr I can't stand listening to him, but it's not because of anything that he says... I just hate the sound of his voice.
September 15, 200917 yr I think he comes off as arrogant, and sometimes sounds like he's whining about what a team does. (Steelers vs. Titans...Titans defense..he went on and on about it). But I'd rather listen to him than Madden so.
September 15, 200917 yr He has his faults, but is much better than Madden. He was quick to point out some key elements the other night without prodding from Al. At the end, Al Michaels would have to set the table for Madden. I think Collinsworth already ranks behind Jon Gruden. I have been thoroughly impressed with Gruden early in the season.
September 15, 200917 yr He has his faults, but is much better than Madden. He was quick to point out some key elements the other night without prodding from Al. At the end, Al Michaels would have to set the table for Madden. I think Collinsworth already ranks behind Jon Gruden. I have been thoroughly impressed with Gruden early in the season. I agree. However, I don't see Gruden in it for the long haul
September 15, 200917 yr I don't either but I am going to enjoy him while he is here. Much like Bob Brenly in baseball.
September 15, 200917 yr I can't stand him. He's annoying. :thumb: That about sums up my feelings in 10 words or less. It doesn't matter to me what he says or how well thought out it is, he's irritating. I never liked him in the studio and I didn't like his debut on Sunday night. But, he's just an announcer. I can live with any of them, no matter how bad. Announcers don't affect my enjoyment of a game one iota.
September 15, 200917 yr I can't stand listening to him, but it's not because of anything that he says... I just hate the sound of his voice. Again, I agree.:thumb: Just one of those things. It's the sound of his voice and the way he says certain things.
September 15, 200917 yr I think he comes off as arrogant, and sometimes sounds like he's whining about what a team does. (Steelers vs. Titans...Titans defense..he went on and on about it). But I'd rather listen to him than Madden so. That's right. He made his debut on Thursday. I forgot about that.
September 15, 200917 yr I feel the same as swide. I've never let an announcer ruin a game for me. Collinsworth wouldn't even come close to being bad enough to effect the game for me. Oddly enough, as soon as I saw this thread, I go to aol.com and see a video of Collinsworth 25 years ago...saying some not so wonderful things, hopefully in jest. I kind of feel bad it came out now, he's a good family man and it's just kind of stupid what he says. The writer of the article makes such a good point about being careful what you say in front of a camera lol.
September 15, 200917 yr I don't really care for Chris Collinsworth much on the video game Madden, but I dont' mind his live-commnetary at all. I actually enjoy him better than most, but as others have said...Jon Gruden is very refreshing.
September 15, 200917 yr I like Collinsworth and always have enjoyed his commentary, no matter the channel he was working for. Ultimately he is better than Madden, simply because Madden's best days were behind him.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.