Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rick Pitino Press Conference Today

Featured Replies

What law has he went above. I don't recall him breaking the law.

 

Who cares about any law he broke or didn't break, he broke a solemn oath to his wife that he made in front of God and his/her family. A man is only as good as his word, and at the moment his word is worth very little!

  • Replies 135
  • Views 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who cares about any law he broke or didn't break, he broke a solemn oath to his wife that he made in front of God and his/her family. A man is only as good as his word, and at the moment his word is worth very little!

 

I agree and people just completely throw out this guy coaches 17-21 year old kids. Parents send there kids across country trusting him to protect and guide them. As a coach, teacher, you are held to a higher standard.

This story is still out there because it hasn't gone to trial. So the time between now and then will be pure media fun.

This lady is crazy enough to skip that plea deal.

It is my understanding that plea agreements are very difficult to push through in a federal case. When Rick Pitino contacted the FBI (in his preemptive strike), he greatly stacked the deck against him getting to plea bargain. She pleaded "not guilty" and that is why all Rick's dirty laundry is being aired.

 

I am of the opinion that Rick's presser today is again a preemptive strike for the next bomb that Karen Sypher is getting ready to drop. I have seen him deal with the press for years and this is Rick Pitino running true to form.

 

A big Sypher bomb will detonate shortly, in my opinion.

I'm torn. I think that many are missing his point, in that I think he wants to spare his family the constant repetition of the story. I think he's also anxious to have the truths he alludes to revealed. I think he's in a situation he's unfamiliar with...one in which he has no control.

 

Yes, he messed up royally. Yes, he deserves criticism. But I'm not sure I agree that his "comeuppance" should be the embarrassment of his family in the media, day after day after day.

 

Of course, the media is doing their job, and it is a sensational, salicious story. I don't necessarily agree with him attacking the media. But I can certainly understand how he feels.

 

I'm shocked...

By calling out the media, it makes all of them want to do everything they can to find more problems for him. I can see Alan Cutler working out right now to "Eye of the Tiger" and just thinking about how he'll nail Pitino. :lol:

 

You took the words right out of my mouth.:lol:

I agree and people just completely throw out this guy coaches 17-21 year old kids. Parents send there kids across country trusting him to protect and guide them. As a coach, teacher, you are held to a higher standard.

 

So this means the Chemistry professor that is cheating on his wife should be formally punished too then, correct?

It is my understanding that plea agreements are very difficult to push through in a federal case. When Rick Pitino contacted the FBI (in his preemptive strike), he greatly stacked the deck against him getting to plea bargain. She pleaded "not guilty" and that is why all Rick's dirty laundry is being aired.

 

I am of the opinion that Rick's presser today is again a preemptive strike for the next bomb that Karen Sypher is getting ready to drop. I have seen him deal with the press for years and this is Rick Pitino running true to form.

 

A big Sypher bomb will detonate shortly, in my opinion.

Is it a Sypher bomb or other women coming forward?

 

BTW, Pat Forde said in so many words that RP's show didn't go over very well...that says a lot.

  • Author
Is it a Sypher bomb or other women coming forward?

 

BTW, Pat Forde said in so many words that RP's show didn't go over very well...that says a lot.

 

If Forde said that, it was bad.

It was obvious to me that Rick's ego is busting loose. He knows he can charm to socks off a rattlesnake (up until now) and went solo on this one.

 

TACTICAL ERROR, in my opinion!

 

Am I correct in saying Dr. Ramsey, Tom Jurich, Steve Pence, and others in the Pitino camp were not there in support of Rick's solo act?

Is it a Sypher bomb or other women coming forward?

 

BTW, Pat Forde said in so many words that RP's show didn't go over very well...that says a lot.

I think that other women will come out at some point, but that is not what Ricky P. is attempting to diffuse.

 

He specifically referred to Karen Sypher telling lies so it references something she is about to go public with.

 

I think the other women will come out of this at some point.........just not yet.

So this means the Chemistry professor that is cheating on his wife should be formally punished too then, correct?

 

 

You better hope that there are no Chemistry professor's wifes that are members on BGP. You're going to get somebody into trouble. :lol::lol:

Who cares about any law he broke or didn't break, he broke a solemn oath to his wife that he made in front of God and his/her family. A man is only as good as his word, and at the moment his word is worth very little!

 

:clap::thumb:

So this means the Chemistry professor that is cheating on his wife should be formally punished too then, correct?

 

Correct. If a teacher is teaching my kid they have to walk a fine line in order for me to trust them to educate and guide my kid to do things the right way. The Pitino and cheerleader rumors went on for years... this is not a shock he just finally got caught.

I'm torn. I think that many are missing his point, in that I think he wants to spare his family the constant repetition of the story. I think he's also anxious to have the truths he alludes to revealed. I think he's in a situation he's unfamiliar with...one in which he has no control.

 

Yes, he messed up royally. Yes, he deserves criticism. But I'm not sure I agree that his "comeuppance" should be the embarrassment of his family in the media, day after day after day.

 

Of course, the media is doing their job, and it is a sensational, salicious story. I don't necessarily agree with him attacking the media. But I can certainly understand how he feels.

:thumb: I understand where he was coming from but he went about expressing it in an awful fashion and only made things worse.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.