Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rick Pitino Press Conference Today

Featured Replies

I didn't think Pitino could make it any worse, but he proved me wrong. The road games are going to be vicious.
:thumb: He had just as well get ready for it.

 

Rick, who is normally the best of the best with the media, made a bad decision today. It was childlike.

I agree, he sounded like a beaten, desperate man. Definately not one with the confidence and class that he always presented himself to be.

I have to agree with some of the posters on here it was not vintage Pitino.
:thumb: He broke under pressure, imo this will only hurt him now.

 

:thumb: Telling UofL fans not to read it in the paper and if on TV...turn the ch....
Yes, that was a stupid thing to say. Pitino has imo "lost it" with alot of people now. U.L. fans, (most of them) imo will still back him. I wonder how the U.L. administration took this latest presser. No way imo did that look good on anyone.

 

Again...No, there is no way I believe the charge that Pitino raped this woman.

Yes, anything and everything other than the rape charge imo he brought on himself. I do feel for Pitino's family. I do not feel for Rick Pitino at all. Bottom line: if "Tricky Ricky" keeps his pants on then there is no story, nothing to report. Just another one to be so smart, sucsessful and rich he is so stupid. No pity at all for Pitino here.

  • Replies 135
  • Views 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I understand why Pitino felt he had to do this. The story won't completely go away and he is getting frustrated. But lately, it seems to have died down.

 

What I wonder about is when he says that 'everything you are hearing, ... except what he has told you, ... is a lie'. Not my words, but his. I find that very interesting as I thought the story was really starting to die down quite a bit lately. Seems like this press conference is just stirring it all up again.

 

:thumb::thumb: All Pitino did was stir it up again, any backlash from this one is all on him.

Unless maybe he knows there is more that will be coming out and he was starting this as more damage control in advance? :popcorn::idunno:.

U.L. fans, (most of them) imo will still back him.

 

1,000% :thumb:

U.L. fans, (most of them) imo will still back him.

He may be a hyper egoed control freak adulterer, but he's our hyper egoed control freak adulterer.

He may be a hyper egoed control freak adulterer, but he's our hyper egoed control freak adulterer.

 

 

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

The presser didn't seem to go over well with the national media. Mike and Mike and Cowherd said it didn't play well and Jason Whitlock said he is trying to portray himself as a victim.

It's sarcasm... I'm really not at all shocked that you would find a way to defend his thinking and frame of mind, in fact when I started reading this thread it was your post I was waiting for... Hope that doesn't offend you but I think it was (your defense) quite predictable...

I was actually waiting for you to bash her opinion without giving any explanation or reasoning as to why you think differently. Crazy world.

I was actually waiting for you to bash her opinion without giving any explanation or reasoning as to why you think differently. Crazy world.

 

:thumb:

He may be a hyper egoed control freak adulterer, but he's our hyper egoed control freak adulterer.
:lol: :lol:

 

I don't blame you.

  • Author

I travelled alot today for work and was listening to Sirius. Rick Pitino was the primary topic on EVERY sports station and was even laughed at on Bubba the Love Sponge. Yesterday was a huge mistake for Rick.

I travelled alot today for work and was listening to Sirius. Rick Pitino was the primary topic on EVERY sports station and was even laughed at on Bubba the Love Sponge. Yesterday was a huge mistake for Rick.

Definitely. Everything was going pretty good for him given the circumstances but he just added more fuel to the fire for no reason.

I was actually waiting for you to bash her opinion without giving any explanation or reasoning as to why you think differently. Crazy world.

 

Glad I didn't disappoint...

 

I actually wouldn't think I would need to give an explanation or reason, my point seemed elementary. Crazy world I guess...:idunno:

 

 

My whole point is that UK fans are always criticized for having blinders on yet when Pitino did what might be the dumbest PR move in history some fans can't bring themselves to admit it, all they can say is "I'm torn"... Crazy world...

Glad I didn't disappoint...

 

I actually wouldn't think I would need to give an explanation or reason, my point seemed elementary. Crazy world I guess...:idunno:

 

 

My whole point is that UK fans are always criticized for having blinders on yet when Pitino did what might be the dumbest PR move in history some fans can't bring themselves to admit it, all they can say is "I'm torn"... Crazy world...

Dumbest PR move in history? I don't think so, and it was quite obvious to see where Rockmom was coming from without having to believe that she was defending any of the actions Pitino has had in the past. That comparison to UK fans and their blinders makes no sense.

Glad I didn't disappoint...

 

I actually wouldn't think I would need to give an explanation or reason, my point seemed elementary. Crazy world I guess...:idunno:

 

 

My whole point is that UK fans are always criticized for having blinders on yet when Pitino did what might be the dumbest PR move in history some fans can't bring themselves to admit it, all they can say is "I'm torn"... Crazy world...

 

 

:thumb: Ah, the life of a UK fan. You gotta love it.

I didn't mind what he did. I can see him being upset when you keep hearing her side of the story. I don't see anything wrong with defending yourself. I like how he took a shot at the media and found it refreshing.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.