August 27, 200917 yr But I can't bring myself to feel no sympathy for him and his family, and for Sypher's family, in having to deal with this in the media day in and day out. I can feel sympathy for the families of both these individuals, however, why should anyone feel sympathy for Pitino. He made his bed (or table, booth, floor, whatever) now he has to lay in it.
August 27, 200917 yr No one is saying he's not despicable for messing around. That's a given. But for the love of Pete! Does his family deserve all the media attention on this? I don't think so! Like I said before, if not for the extortion, everyone would have moved on by now. Instead, the media coverage is creating emotionally charged sides, which sells newspapers and advertising on websites. Yet neither Pitino's family, nor Sypher's family can move on because of the coverage. This story is still out there because it hasn't gone to trial. So the time between now and then will be pure media fun. This lady is crazy enough to skip that plea deal.
August 27, 200917 yr Rick is above the law at UL. As long as he gets that #1 seed UL doesn't seem to care.
August 27, 200917 yr What, then, do you think of HER? She was still married when this happened, and had kids as well! You act like she's some sort of a victim! The woman has a history of dating/marrying rich men and getting them to give her money, a home, cars. She's claimed pregnancy in other "relationships" as well, and tried to get money for abortions. She went to Porcini's to "give her resume" to someone to get a job at the Courier-Journal. Now seriously....who goes to a restaurant to turn in a resume? She is far from the innocent, gullible, guileless woman she portrays herself to be. I don't thinks she's mentally unstable, but she certainly has some severe "issues". No one is saying he's not despicable for messing around. That's a given. But for the love of Pete! Does his family deserve all the media attention on this? I don't think so! Like I said before, if not for the extortion, everyone would have moved on by now. Instead, the media coverage is creating emotionally charged sides, which sells newspapers and advertising on websites. Yet neither Pitino's family, nor Sypher's family can move on because of the coverage. You blame Pitino. If he hadn't done what he did this wouldn't even be an issue. I agree with that. But I can't bring myself to feel no sympathy for him and his family, and for Sypher's family, in having to deal with this in the media day in and day out. Yes, I blame HIM for causing HIS family the pain HE is causing them now. Her? We both know what she is, and he had far move to lose that she ever did! He blames the media for keeping the story alive, but he more than anyone is keeping the story alive by responding to the media the way he did today. Again if he really loved, and respected his family, he never would have put them in harms way the way he did and he has no one to blame but himself, for the pain his family is going through right now. It's not the Media, nor the fans, or people like you or me, causing the pain to his family, if he had just gone home to his wife/family that he is suppose to love and protect!
August 27, 200917 yr So Pitino (who is a married man) has sex in a restaurant. But somehow it's the media's fault his family had to read the bad stories about him? I'm not connecting the dots there.... It is Pitino's fault. But every time Sypher passes gas in the morning the media makes a story out of it.
August 27, 200917 yr Rick is above the law at UL. As long as he gets that #1 seed UL doesn't seem to care.
August 27, 200917 yr I would say the same thing if it was John Calapari or Jim Tressel. Did Rick receive any formal punishment?
August 27, 200917 yr Rick is above the law at UL. As long as he gets that #1 seed UL doesn't seem to care. What law did Rick break?
August 27, 200917 yr Rick is above the law at UL. As long as he gets that #1 seed UL doesn't seem to care. What law has he went above. I don't recall him breaking the law.
August 27, 200917 yr What law did Rick break? No laws just the ethics behind coaching college kids I guess. I don't want my kid learning about his healthcare rather he or she try Obama's first.
August 27, 200917 yr Funny thing, I just got in and read this thread for the first time. All the UofL fans are defending him and all the UK fans are bashing him. And some are acting like they have inside information with no sources to prove the rumors they take off other message boards and bring to this one. At the end of the day Pitino did something wrong to his family, he didn't break the law, he didn't cheat on SAT's, etc. So the guy is not perfect, who is? I agree with him, the media has really beat this thing to death. And to publish the allegations that the FBI determined to be untrue is bush-league journalism.
August 27, 200917 yr Author I don't know what's true or what's not true, but I do believe that Rick Pitino made a terrible mistake by having his press conference today.
August 27, 200917 yr I don't know what's true or what's not true, but I do believe that Rick Pitino made a terrible mistake by having his press conference today. I agree. I agree with what he meant and I agree that he should've just remainded silent. Situations like these are pretty much "no win" situations. He should've thought about that when he....
August 27, 200917 yr Author By calling out the media, it makes all of them want to do everything they can to find more problems for him. I can see Alan Cutler working out right now to "Eye of the Tiger" and just thinking about how he'll nail Pitino. :lol:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.