August 31, 200917 yr I suppose it depends on your definition of the word "typical", as that is the word that Oscar used. Never did I claim that everyone is immature when they drink. But go down to State or University in Lexington on a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday and tell me that acting like a fool is not typical behavior. As a recent college vet I will agree with your assessment. With that said, the majority of us (and the majority of my friends of which I had plenty of rowdy ones) were never arrested for a P.I. or disorderly conduct. It has been my experience that those that typically receive these are warranted and deserved. Officers, who have a helpless job in these situations, typically only intervene when necessary and do a good job of letting the partying ensue as long as it does not get out of hand.
August 31, 200917 yr As a recent college vet I will agree with your assessment. With that said, the majority of us (and the majority of my friends of which I had plenty of rowdy ones) were never arrested for a P.I. or disorderly conduct. It has been my experience that those that typically receive these are warranted and deserved. Officers, who have a helpless job in these situations, typically only intervene when necessary and do a good job of letting the partying ensue as long as it does not get out of hand. I agree with that, but in this situation there was a disturbance and the officers had no option.
August 31, 200917 yr I suppose it depends on your definition of the word "typical", as that is the word that Oscar used. Never did I claim that everyone is immature when they drink. But go down to State or University in Lexington on a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday and tell me that acting like a fool is not typical behavior. And if you can't make it on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday, try the other days of the weekend - Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday!
August 31, 200917 yr And if you can't make it on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday, try the other days of the weekend - Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday! :lol: :thumb:
September 1, 200917 yr First and foremost lets have the case go to court and see what the "FINAL" outcome is before all this judgment by the public is passed down. I think many forget you're deemed innocent until proven guilty in this country and as we stand right now Evan Faulkner hasn't been proven guilty of anything in regards to this case! Anybody can be charged with "ANYTHING" but actually being proven "GUILTY" is a different matter!
September 2, 200917 yr I suppose it depends on your definition of the word "typical", as that is the word that Oscar used. Never did I claim that everyone is immature when they drink. But go down to State or University in Lexington on a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday and tell me that acting like a fool is not typical behavior. For 30,000 students?
September 2, 200917 yr As a recent college vet I will agree with your assessment. With that said, the majority of us (and the majority of my friends of which I had plenty of rowdy ones) were never arrested for a P.I. or disorderly conduct. It has been my experience that those that typically receive these are warranted and deserved. Officers, who have a helpless job in these situations, typically only intervene when necessary and do a good job of letting the partying ensue as long as it does not get out of hand. A typically well-reasoned post from bugatti.
September 2, 200917 yr First and foremost lets have the case go to court and see what the "FINAL" outcome is before all this judgment by the public is passed down. I think many forget you're deemed innocent until proven guilty in this country and as we stand right now Evan Faulkner hasn't been proven guilty of anything in regards to this case! Anybody can be charged with "ANYTHING" but actually being proven "GUILTY" is a different matter! I'd imagine Mr. Faulkner will plead guilty, enter the diversion program, do anywhere from 20 - 50 hours of community service, and have his record expunged.
September 2, 200917 yr For 30,000 students? A typically well-reasoned post from bugatti. Let me put it this way- I agree 100% with Bugatti's post as well- it is a matter of what your definition of "typical" is. Is it the majority of UK students? No. But acting like an idiot while drinking is typical at UK, and, for better or worse, myself included.
September 3, 200917 yr Evan Faulkner is a fine basketball player and Radford will be happy to have him. What does he need to get out of his system - being a typical college kid? It's different playing a sport and having the college pay for you to go to their school and getting caught drinking and getting arrested. The college could really care less if you're a normal student and you get a PI, but they tend to hold athletes and members of student government to a higher standard.
September 6, 200917 yr Wait? Hold the phone! You were there too? I doubt it. So I don't think you have any idea what happened either, thus "typical college behavior" couldn't come into play, because maybe it WASN'T typical and that is why he was arrested? I don't know how it was for you where you're from, but where I grew up if someone gets arrested underage for a PI and disorderly conduct it isn't waved off and said "well, that's alright, this stuff happens everyday son, i'm proud of you for learning about yourself and being a typical college kid". If he can't get his act together, and realize a college is giving him a great opportunity and he is being paid in the process and representing that school, then he IMO shouldn't be awarded the opportunity because someone more deserving is out there who is willing to act responsibly. Who ever said their parents should be "proud?" Why is it always from a parents POV in these arguments, of course parents are always going to be angry when their children go to jail :confused:
September 6, 200917 yr Who ever said their parents should be "proud?" Why is it always from a parents POV in these arguments, of course parents are always going to be angry when their children go to jail :confused: lol, I can't honestly tell if you'd be proud of yourself for going to jail.
September 6, 200917 yr lol, I can't honestly tell if you'd be proud of yourself for going to jail. I've heard stories. . . I'm staying far away. :isurrender:
September 6, 200917 yr Yea, whatever this young adult made a mistake. He'll learn and move on adn won't remember after this drop from his records which is about the same time he will graduate from college , so no harm done. Play on Evan.
September 7, 200917 yr I know the full details of what happened that night and the only thing Faulkner did wrong was being in the wrong place at the wrong time. He is at Radford now and there will be no disciplinary action because Faulkner was the victim of someone else's foolishness.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.