Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Radford's Evan Faulkner Arrested

Featured Replies

I'm not sure how that's relevant, but okay.:idunno:

 

He made a mistake. He's made them before. Hope he learns from this one and gets his head on straight. If memory serves me, there was a fellow from Scott County a couple of years ago who was castigated on this site for actions that essentially shattered his college aspirations as a basketball playing student athlete. I hope that Mr. Faulkner learns his lesson and moves on. But let's not act like he's not an adult here. There comes a point in time when we have to be held accountable for our actions.

 

It's relevant because a) it's not as big of a deal as some want to make it and b) a college kid getting an AI is like getting a speeding ticket.

 

That is JMO, of course :thumb:

  • Replies 90
  • Views 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was also cited for disorderly conduct. Not sure how that equates to your speeding ticket analogy. However, I can't help but wonder what your slant would be if it were someone else from another school around the area. Of course I imagine you'll deny that, but like you said, it's just my opinion, of course.

People on here make it seem that Faulkner is the only student-athlete to ever get arrested. I would guess that 75% of college students have had a little to much to drink at least one time during their college days.

  • Author
People on here make it seem that Faulkner is the only student-athlete to ever get arrested. I would guess that 75% of college students have had a little to much to drink at least one time during their college days.
I've read this whole thread and not once inferred that. That's a bit of a reach IMO. He made a mistake. No more, no less. No one said he was the only one, as a matter of fact there was another high profile athlete pointed out a couple of posts ago.
He was also cited for disorderly conduct. Not sure how that equates to your speeding ticket analogy. However, I can't help but wonder what your slant would be if it were someone else from another school around the area. Of course I imagine you'll deny that, but like you said, it's just my opinion, of course.

 

We don't generally talk about these types of things on here because there aren't normally threads created about them. There isn't really any slant to put on it. This type of thing happens daily in basically every college town around the country.

We don't generally talk about these types of things on here because there aren't normally threads created about them. There isn't really any slant to put on it. This type of thing happens daily in basically every college town around the country.
With all due respect, you couldn't possibly be more wrong. There are quite often threads about this athlete from UK, or UofL, or Florida State, or Miami who have transgressions. Because this one hits close to home and isn't a national item, it's much ado about nothing. Interesting.

I hope this didn't happen at The Penny Mart that we all learned so much about last year.

First Ferg decides not to play college ball and now this situation. Maybe, just maybe - Rick Mays did a better job holding this bunch of talented young men together than he was ever given credit for.......

With all due respect, you couldn't possibly be more wrong. There are quite often threads about this athlete from UK, or UofL, or Florida State, or Miami who have transgressions. Because this one hits close to home and isn't a national item, it's much ado about nothing. Interesting.

 

Go to the site where this came from and check out how my similar arrests were made in Morehead on the same day.

Go to the site where this came from and check out how my similar arrests were made in Morehead on the same day.

 

 

How many are former high school basketball stars, and on scholarship to a Division 1 school?

First Ferg decides not to play college ball and now this situation. Maybe, just maybe - Rick Mays did a better job holding this bunch of talented young men together than he was ever given credit for.......

 

:thumb:

How many are former high school basketball stars, and on scholarship to a Division 1 school?

 

He's not the first. I'm not saying it shouldn't be reported - he's and adult and he has to deal with the repercussions. I'm just saying that there's no reason to blow it out of proportion.

First Ferg decides not to play college ball and now this situation. Maybe, just maybe - Rick Mays did a better job holding this bunch of talented young men together than he was ever given credit for.......

 

Let's not get carried away :D

I think it is SO sad that we act like the actions of a young kid underage drinking, getting into fights, partying too much etc. is no big deal. For the college students/athletes who are responsible and take their opportunity seriously, this doesn't happen. Do most college students drink? Sure. But I assure you it isn't the norm to party too hard, get arrested and drink all the time..and it is down right sad that some people think that is just "part of going to college".

I think it is SO sad that we act like the actions of a young kid underage drinking, getting into fights, partying too much etc. is no big deal. For the college students/athletes who are responsible and take their opportunity seriously, this doesn't happen. Do most college students drink? Sure. But I assure you it isn't the norm to party too hard, get arrested and drink all the time..and it is down right sad that some people think that is just "part of going to college".

 

I took my college seriously. I graduated with over a 3.0 GPA in 4 years. I also had 2 separate citations for possession of alcohol by a minor.

 

I didn't say that getting citations are part of going to college. I learned a hell of a lot about myself, who I am & what I stand for by partying and attending social functions.

 

You learn a lot in college. A lot of that learning comes when you're not in a classroom or entrenched in a textbook.

 

This isn't "part of going to college", but college is part of figuring out who you are & what you stand for. Unfortunately, not all of your experiences can be positive; however, I am of the opinion that this is a relatively minor infraction and he'll learn from his mistakes.

 

The only thing that disturbs me is the "disorderly conduct" charge; however, I'm well aware that it does not take much for a police officer to cite a drunk college student with disorderly conduct. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on that.

 

College is a learning experience, both in & out of the classroom. In my opinion, much more so out of the classroom than in. Hopefully he'll learn from this.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.