Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Radford's Evan Faulkner Arrested

Featured Replies

Really getting arrested for this type of deal is what I'd like to call the unluck of the draw. You may have 200 kids drunk underage on one street and if a cop is driving by and you happen to do even the slightest thing to make yourself seem a little bit intoxicated they obviously have the right to stop you. Cops have to know that most if not all students walking on a street of party houses at a late hour are drinking, so any excuse they have to bust you, they might as well.

 

Bit of a reach wouldn't you say? This part of the article from the Morehead News mentioned earlier in this thread would lend to debunk your profiling theory. Unluck of the draw. That's an interesting spin.

 

Five eastern Kentucky men were arrested after a fight broke out early Sunday morning at a house on East Main Street, police said.

 

Morehead Police and Morehead State University Police responded to the location also known as “City Lights,” after being told of a fight in progress.

  • Replies 90
  • Views 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think he made a mistake and I think he'll learn from it. If I were his mother/father I'd be livid right now. If I were him I'd be disappointed, really self evaluating and understand that if I want to play ball and continue my education I'd better get my act together. I don't have a problem with this kid one bit. The problem I have is that people act like this is no big deal, that is happens to everyone, college is where you do this to learn about yourself, etc etc. That just is flat out not true, and it is an excuse for poor choices and bad behavior.

:thumb:

  • Author

I've been wondering how the fight started. Perhaps it went something like this:

 

Tipsy #1: "Elisha Justice is the best point guard in the state"

Evan: "You go on and take that back"

Tipsy #1: "Best in the state, hands down"

Evan: "One more time and it's on"

Tipsy #1: "Yep, Justice is hands down.....(scuffle ensues)

I would guess that many more there could have went to jail, probably all they had room for in the cruisers or handcuffs. First night back to campus party at "City Lights", I promise you there was more than 5 underage people who were drunk and disorderly.

With all due respect, you couldn't possibly be more wrong. There are quite often threads about this athlete from UK, or UofL, or Florida State, or Miami who have transgressions. Because this one hits close to home and isn't a national item, it's much ado about nothing. Interesting.

 

This isn't a big deal to me. But, you make an interesting point...change the thread title to "UK's John Wall Arrested", put the same story behind it and see if that one is "much ado about nothing".

I would guess that many more there could have went to jail, probably all they had room for in the cruisers or handcuffs. First night back to campus party at "City Lights", I promise you there was more than 5 underage people who were drunk and disorderly.

 

Apparently the others were on better behavior and weren't making fools of themselves.

Even if Evan didn't do anything wrong he still represents Radford University. An educational institution is taking a chance on this young man. He shouldn't have put himself into that situation in the first place. I really don't want to hear that he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. It still happened didn't it!!!! Things happen and I'm sure this young man will right his ship.

Apparently the others were on better behavior and weren't making fools of themselves.

 

Probably, but I was not there, so I don't know for sure.

With all due respect, you couldn't possibly be more wrong. There are quite often threads about this athlete from UK, or UofL, or Florida State, or Miami who have transgressions. Because this one hits close to home and isn't a national item, it's much ado about nothing. Interesting.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

 

I hope this didn't happen at The Penny Mart that we all learned so much about last year.

:lol:

Ole my god, these are such serious charges here: this will not amount to anything look

for it to be tossed out of court in the next coupe of months and be done with it! Just kids having a little fun no big deal!

 

It is this mentality that lets some athletes think that they can get away with anything.

I'm not a collegiate athlete or over 21...but if I had a nickel for every time I was very close to getting a PI....

 

In all seriousness, it isn't an excuse, but let's be realistic here- from what I've seen, I doubt this Faulkner kid was going out of his way to be out of control. It is true that he may be held to a higher standard, being a D-1 athlete, and he should conduct his way in a more professional manner, but this is just the way that most colleges are. Coupled with the fact that the drinking age of 21 is absolutely insane, I simply don't find this to be a big deal.

I'm not a collegiate athlete or over 21...but if I had a nickel for every time I was very close to getting a PI....

 

In all seriousness, it isn't an excuse, but let's be realistic here- from what I've seen, I doubt this Faulkner kid was going out of his way to be out of control. It is true that he may be held to a higher standard, being a D-1 athlete, and he should conduct his way in a more professional manner, but this is just the way that most colleges are. Coupled with the fact that the drinking age of 21 is absolutely insane, I simply don't find this to be a big deal.

 

You go downtown and pick up your son from fighting, partying, and drinking underage and then tell him "hey, you were arrested for drinking too much and fighting, forget about it, no big deal."

You go downtown and pick up your son from fighting, partying, and drinking underage and then tell him "hey, you were arrested for drinking too much and fighting, forget about it, no big deal."

 

That's from a parents POV. Way different.

That's from a parents POV. Way different.

 

Okay then, how about the point of view of the college coach of the school the subject is to attend? No big deal?

Okay then, how about the point of view of the college coach of the school the subject is to attend? No big deal?

 

But we're neither. So why does their POV matter. I'm speaking from my POV and a lot of others' POV.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.