Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New UK Uni's !!!!!!!!

IN the spirit of Goldilocks and the three bears, the shorts are... 66 members have voted

  1. 1. IN the spirit of Goldilocks and the three bears, the shorts are...

    • Too long
      48%
      32
    • Too short
      0%
      0
    • Just right
      51%
      34

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I might buy into your line of thinking if UK hadn't done the same thing each of the last 15 dozen years. And most of their unis are almost as atrocious as Oregon's football digs. There's something to be said for simplicity, as MT noted. For the record, I hate Louisville's unis and wish they would go back to the basics of the '80s and before.

 

 

:confused: Other than the denim (which I don't think many will defend), what crazy uniforms has UK had? Most have been the standard Nike uniform. Even last year's weren't that different than several other Nike schools. Only the checkerboard pattern was different (UNC's was argyle).

  • Replies 62
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bring back the denim uniforms

 

:confused: Other than the denim (which I don't think many will defend), what crazy uniforms has UK had? Most have been the standard Nike uniform. Even last year's weren't that different than several other Nike schools. Only the checkerboard pattern was different (UNC's was argyle).

 

Ahem!!!!!!!:clap:

i think uniforms are a big deal to recruits today....Ecspecially big-time guys like Wall, Favors, and Cousins!! Calipari said it his self that he is going to let the players have a say so in te uniforms because he knows eye appeal is a big part of today's recruiting.....You the man Cal get crazy with it!

:confused: Other than the denim (which I don't think many will defend), what crazy uniforms has UK had? Most have been the standard Nike uniform. Even last year's weren't that different than several other Nike schools. Only the checkerboard pattern was different (UNC's was argyle).

 

Therein lies the problem: Nike makes ugly uniforms, as well as ugly shoes.

Therein lies the problem: Nike makes ugly uniforms, as well as ugly shoes.

Jim Schue on Gym Shoes. So what floats your boat Jim. I know you tend to avoid mainstream. Let's hear your choice for shoes.

I have only played basketball in Nikes or Adidas my whole life, and the Pro Model 2G's

P10676070.jpg

 

have been by far the best shoe I have ever played in.

 

My favorite Nikes were probably the 1st Vince Carters, which looked like space shoes.

 

nike_shox_vince_carter-arton148-240x240.jpg

 

(The VC's seems to support Jim Schue's theory on Nike's ugly shoes.)

Jim Schue on Gym Shoes. So what floats your boat Jim. I know you tend to avoid mainstream. Let's hear your choice for shoes.

 

When it comes to athletic shoes, I go for practicality and simplicity in design and function.

I might buy into your line of thinking if UK hadn't done the same thing each of the last 15 dozen years. And most of their unis are almost as atrocious as Oregon's football digs. There's something to be said for simplicity, as MT noted. For the record, I hate Louisville's unis and wish they would go back to the basics of the '80s and before.

 

:confused: Other than the denim (which I don't think many will defend), what crazy uniforms has UK had? Most have been the standard Nike uniform. Even last year's weren't that different than several other Nike schools. Only the checkerboard pattern was different (UNC's was argyle).

 

Therein lies the problem: Nike makes ugly uniforms, as well as ugly shoes.

 

So there's one example of an ugly uniform, and that means they have had bad ones "the last 15 dozen years"? Fantastic logic.

 

FF_173703_l.jpgFF_109793_s.jpgNike-Kentucky-Wildcats-21_94F309B0.jpg

 

FF_133442_s.jpgFF_82957_l.jpg

 

All so terrible... :rolleyes:

These were pretty bad as far as shoes go?

 

kentucky_dunk.jpg

These were pretty bad as far as shoes go?

 

kentucky_dunk.jpg

 

I had a pair of KY Dunks in '86, and I've recently wanted to get another pair. They are very pricey, when I searched for that model, the UNLV colored were the most expensive, they were in the $180 range.

is that a real Pic... looks Photo shopped.

Therein lies the problem: Nike makes ugly uniforms, as well as ugly shoes.

 

You are in the small minority on that and it is simply your opinion. Nike is a Billion dollar company I think they are doing something right.

  • Author
You are in the small minority on that and it is simply your opinion. Nike is a Billion dollar company I think they are doing something right.

 

I think Shoes just mad premiere college programs won't cut their Nike deals in favor of going to Pony, New Balance, or something along those lines....:D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.