NBA Superstars getting favorable calls debate...

It depends more on the team than the star player.

The taunting call on Howard late in the game was a joke. Of course, one more tech and he gets suspended a game. That's huge had Cleveland pulled the game out.

Howard had a clean block on LBJ the past two games and LBJ got the call both times.

The stars from the big market teams get more calls than the ones from the small market teams.

The NBA script has to be followed....

It depends more on the team than the star player.

The taunting call on Howard late in the game was a joke. Of course, one more tech and he gets suspended a game. That's huge had Cleveland pulled the game out.

Howard had a clean block on LBJ the past two games and LBJ got the call both times.

The stars from the big market teams get more calls than the ones from the small market teams.

The NBA script has to be followed....

But what about last night when Howard had the huge block on Lebron and they called a jump ball. Also when Lebron pumped faked on a three and go Howard in the air a little, and there was no foul call on that either.

I am not saying there should have been fouls, but the officials could have easily called both of those in Lebron's favor to help "script" the playoffs more.

I agree 100% but to say that Lebron gets favorable treatment... I can't.

There were plenty of chances for the refs to make calls against the Magic last night in the 4th quarter and OT when Lebron would drive to the basket.

I think the game was well officiated. The Magic played better and came out on top.

The NBA has to be, by far, the toughest sport to officiate.

Your response brings up another valid question: When two superstars face each other in a game-especially a playoff game-who gets the more favorable calls?

Two solid no-calls at the end of the game IMO, the in bound pass to Howard with .5 left in regulation and LeBron leaning in to Howard in overtime. You could justify calling a foul on both calls and both would have made the home crowd very angry IMO.

Why is Turkoglu not called for a foul everytime he drives to the basket? He is always pushing off with his non ball hand and creating separation between himself and the defender guarding him. I thought that was a foul every time.